- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Air Knight K4 12Expand Eternal-S.
Air Knight 12Expand Eternal (エアナイト・トウェルブエキスパンド・エターナル, Ea Naito Touerubu Ekisupando Etānaru) is a Stamina Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It was released in Japan on December 27th, 2018 for 993円 as the prize Beyblade in Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et.
Energy Layer - Air Knight
- Main article: Energy Layer - Air Knight
Takara Tomy's Air Knight is a Stamina Type Energy Layer, that features a wide, round perimeter. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Air Knight features metal in its design; in this case, the inner circumference of the Energy Layer is lined with metal. Like Maximum Garuda, Air Knight features blades that connect to its perimeter, creating Upper Force.
In theory the Upper Force will "lift" the Beyblade off of the Stadium and decrease friction between the Performance Tip and the stadium floor to improve Stamina. In practice however, the blades instead create air resistance when spinning and slow the Beyblade down, an issue that becomes exacerbated the harder Air Knight is launched.
Due to its round shape and excellent Outward Weight Distribution (OWD), Air Knight is an excellent option for Stamina/Defense Combinations.
Forge Disc - 12
- Main article: Forge Disc - 12
12, like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Frame. Each side features three protrusions with the center protrusion in each set featuring molding in the shape of a "12" and four holes in the center, akin to 6. While the aggressive design of the Disc may imply high Burst potential from Disc-to-Layer contact, due to the fact that most Burst Performance Tips are of the same height, such contact is rare. Furthermore, 12's design is so aggressive that there have been numerous cases of the Disc severely damaging Layers that collide with it. Finally, 12 is the lightest Disc at the time of writing, lighter than even Armed which severely hinders Attack, Defense and Stamina potential. While the light weight would create high Burst Resistance, the heavy weight of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System and the Cho-Z Layer System makes the use of lightweight Discs for Burst Resistance obsolete.
Disc Frame - Expand
- Main article: Disc Frame - Expand
Expand is a round, wide Disc Frame with four smooth blades, with six gaps in total. This design, like the Maximum Garuda and Air Knight Energy Layers, is intended to produce Upper Force. In theory this Upper Force will help "lift" the Beyblade, lowering friction between the Performance Tip and the stadium floor to improve Stamina. In practice however, the blades instead create air resistance when spinning and slow the Beyblade down. The round design of Expand creates high Stamina and Life-After-Death (LAD), as its wide shape prevents the Energy Layer from touching the stadium floor when the Beyblade is tilting. Its LAD capabilities are comparable to those of other popular Disc Frames such as Cross, Glaive and Proof.
Performance Tip - Eternal
- Main article: Performance Tip - Eternal
Eternal features a sharp tip of a small diameter surrounded by a free-spinning dish made of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) thermoplastic, akin to a combination of Revolve and Bearing. The sharp tip of Eternal provides low friction with the stadium floor, resulting in high Stamina and Burst Defense properties. While the small diameter of the sharp tip may imply easy Destabilization, the wide diameter of the free-spinning ring helps maintain Stability. The wide diameter of the ring also provides Eternal high Precession time which is useful against Opposite-Spin and Mobile Stamina Combinations. However, due to the low friction of POM plastic, Eternal has slightly less Knock-Out Resistance compared to its predecessor Revolve.
In the current metagame, Eternal is best suited for Pure Stamina Combinations due to the use of Atomic, akin to Revolve. While the POM ring may imply higher Precession, akin to Bearing, the lack of a bearing mechanism means that the POM construction has a negligible effect and that Precession is more dependent on how free-spinning the ring is. What does effect the Precession time is the diameter of the Dish; Eternal's dish is much wider than Revolve's, making it outclass Atomic in Precession time and outclass Revolve in most areas.
Eternal is slightly shorter than most other Pre-Cho-Z Performance Tips. In theory, this is meant to prevent the opponent's Layer from striking the Eternal Combination from below and Destabilizing it, thus increasing Defense potential. In practice however, due to the design of the Burst System, this increases the chances of Disc-to-Layer contact and can potentially Burst the Eternal Combination. Though the only minor reduction in height heavily mitigates the effect.
- Air Knight's name is based on "air", the invisible gaseous oxygen and nitrogen compound in the Earth, and "knight", a warrior who served his/her sovereign/monarch/lord as a mounted soldier in armor.
- Air Knight's avatar appears similar to Wonder/Turbo Valtryek's avatar, but with silver armor, more wing attributes, and wields twin swords.
- To enforce its air motif, the wings on Air Knight's armor are feathered while the six wings on its back are insectoid.
- In the anime, Air Knight possesses a red Level Chip.
- Air Knight is the last of nine Beys in Beyblade Burst Turbo to retain its original name in both the Japanese and English Versions of the anime; the others being Z Achilles, Emperor Forneus, Archer Hercules, Revive Phoenix, Vise Leopard, Hazard Kerbeus, Geist Fafnir, and Right Artemis Mugen.
- This Beyblade reuses the following parts from previous Beyblades:
- Air Knight shares a similar name and design to the Hard Metal System Beyblade, Aero Knight MS.