Arthur Peregrine, known as Arthur Percival (アーサー・パーシヴァル, Āsā Pāshivuaru) in Japan, is an antagonist in the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise. He fights with his Beyblade, Prime Apocalypse 0Dagger Ultimate Reboot'. He refers himself as the King of Hell (ヘルの王, Heru No Ō) and the King of Beyblade (ベイブレードの王, Beiburēdo No Ō).
Arthur is a tall, built man with tan skin, medium-length prussian-blue hair that cover his green hair on the other side with green highlights at the end, turquoise eyes, and red and yellow paint marks on his face. His attire consists of a full black-olive bodysuit with blue and yellow wavy markings, white wraps around his wrists and neck, reddish feathers on the right collar of his bodysuit, a cerulean kilt with dark-red borders connected to cyan dots and held by a white belt, and dark-indigo boots with lavender cuffs and dark-green lines. His color scheme is similar to that of a blue-and-yellow macaw parrot.
Arthur is a very rebellious blader; trying to end the WBBA by destroying it's ideals, desiring to take over the Beyblade world by inviting bladers to Inferno, and even has on two occasions shown no respect for rules or etiquette as he barged into the stadium and interrupted the Bladers’ battles in order to showcase his power to everyone.
His arrogance makes him unafraid to express his thoughts, claiming to be the Beyblade King. He is also unwilling to accept his losses, as he ordered a tag battle with the Victories purely out of spite after losing to Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro, even blaming Gwyn that his Apocalypse even though he often relied on him in battle.
Arthur is very authoritative, stating that the weak have no right to Beyblade and decreeing that all Bladers must follow his rule and did. He does not tolerate failure on his team, as he scolded Gwyn for losing against Dante.
After his final defeat, he fell to his knees, disappointed that his goal of taking over the WBBA failed.
Arthur made his debut to the series as Aiger Akabane and Delta Zakuro fought in the Battle Island Tournament title matches as an intruder, alongside his Gamma Bey, Prime Apocalypse, which had its unique Burst Prevention System. Interrupting their battle, Arthur soon proclaimed himself as the "King of Beyblade" and challenged the World Champion to a battle to prove that darkness reigns supreme and would overtake the current Blading world, in which he won.
After Aiger's defeat to Arthur, Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro soon challenge the so-called king, resulting in them both losing, and Ace Dragon being destroyed, giving rookie Blader, Gwyn Reynolds, inspiration into creating his own Burst Prevention System Bey, Royal Genesis.
After leaving Battle Island, Arthur created his own team, Inferno, stealing all of the members from Fumiya Kindo's team, the Spark Wings. Angered by what Arthur had done so far, Dante, alongside his new Command Dragon, the Victories, and Gwyn, set off to Arthur's base, the Infernal Tower, where it's soon revealed that Joe Lazure and Blindt DeVoy had joined Arthur in his attempt to conquer the Blading world.
After being challenged to a rematch, Arthur put Dante, and soon enough Gwyn, to the test to see if his Command Dragon was worth battling Apocalypse, in which they both win their battles. Before Dante got his opportunity to get back at Arthur, Delta appeared to have his own revenge, but failed, resulting in Erase Devolos also being destroyed, along with Delta's confidence. The next day, an angered Dante finally had his rematch with Arthur, in which he was finally defeated. As a result of his defeat, the members of Inferno returned back to the Spark Wings, leaving Arthur on his own. Delta soon regained his confidence from his loss to Arthur and created Master Devolos, resulting in Arthur being defeated again.
Angered by his loss to both Dante and Delta, Arthur planned to regain his power and requested Gwyn to join Inferno, in which he did and had lended Arthur an Eclipse Armor from his newly evolved Bey, Eclipse Genesis. Arthur soon challenged the Victories to a team battle that would decide the "fate" of the Blading world, but lost.
- Prime Apocalypse 0Dagger Ultimate Reboot': Arthur's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Dark-Flux: Similar to Hyper-Flux, the Bey turns a new color when it and its Blader are in complete synchronization. However, because the unity is corrupted, the Beyblade turns black and crimson with emits magenta/black sparks instead of golden sparkles.
- Omega Blast: Apocalypse uses the protruding point on its Layer to deal a devastating blow, similar to Xander Shakadera's Saber Strike.
- Final Blast: After the Layer's sword gets pushed in once, Apocalypse generates more power into the contact point on its Layer to deal a more devastating blow than Omega Blast.
- Prime Reboot: The semi-flat tip on Apocalypse's Ultimate Reboot' Driver is retracted and the rubber becomes exposed, resulting in a boost that grants Apocalypse more speed and power as it rushes into its opponent.
- Eclipse Whip: Genesis and Apocalypse use the two blades of the Eclipse Armor to create a powerful slash attack an opponent.
As the self-proclaimed rightful king of Beyblade, Arthur forms his own Blading organization to challenge the official association. Fittingly for the wielder of the Bey Apocalypse, he seeks to bring about the end of the Blading world as we know it.
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Aiger Akabane and Delta Zakuro||14||Win (4-0)|
|Aiger Akabane||15||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro||15||Win (4-0)|
|Delta Zakuro||17||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu||18||Lose (1-3)|
|Delta Zakuro||20||Lose (0-3)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||21||Lose (0-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||22-23||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro (with Gwyn Reynolds)||24||Win (4-0)|
|Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro (with Gwyn Reynolds)||25||Lose (0-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||25||Lose (0-2)|
- Episode 14 - Shining Bright! Hyper-Flux!
- Episode 15 - Invasion! The New King!
- Episode 16 - Rebirth! Command Dragon!
- Episode 17 - Genesis in Motion!
- Episode 18 - Dragon vs. Apocalypse!
- Episode 20 - Rebirth! Master Devolos!
- Episode 21 - Ultimate Creation! Eclipse Genesis!
- Episode 22 - Shining Ashindra!
- Episode 23 - Dragon's Ultimate Awakening!
- Episode 24 - Rising Ferocity! Tag Battle!
- Episode 25 - The Greatest Tag Battle Ever!
- Episode 26 - Rising Friendship! Master Dragon!
- Episode 09 - Heaven!? Hell!!/GT is Here! (pictured)
- "Heed my words, I am Arthur Peregrine. Behold, as the wielder of Prime Apocalypse, my reign as the King of Beyblade has now begun!" - Arthur introducing himself after interrupting the battle in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 14.
- "How very unfortunate. You see, Apocalypse possesses a superior defense system that prevents bursts." - to Aiger after he failed to burst Apocalypse.
- "It can rotate 360 degrees absorbing any and all attacks without bursting." - explaining to Aiger about the Burst Prevention System.
- "Surrender, this is all futile. I am the new king!" - Arthur before he unleash his avatar power.
- "You will learn firsthand what happens to those who defy me!" - at the start of his battle with Dante and Delta.
- "Try your best to entertain me."
- "Was that pathetic display supposed to be an attack? It won't work against me!" - after Delta performed Clone Cannon on Apocalypse.
- "No matter how brightly you may shine, the darkness will consume you!" - to Dante and Delta before unleashing his avatar power.
- "Let light be swallowed by the darkness!" - Arthur before he destroys Erase Devolos.
- "No light can escape the darkness of Apocalypse!" - to Delta after he destroyed Erase Devolos.
- "It's useless! A king can never lose!" - Arthur to Dante as he activates Prime Reboot.
For a full gallery of Arthur see, Arthur Peregrine/Gallery.
- Arthur's blood type is O.
- Arthur is one of the three Beyblade Burst Rise characters whose initials are the same as his Bey: Prime Apocalypse, the others being Pheng Hope and Blindt DeVoy.
- They way Arthur launches his Bey in episodes 14 and 21 of Beyblade Burst Rise resembles that of Aiger’s after he obtained Turbo Achilles.
- He is the second Rise character to own a Dash Performance tip, first being Lodin Haijima.
- He was the first character to ever defeat Delta Zakuro.
- Arthur is voiced in Japanese by Shouma Yamamoto, who previously voiced Sakyo Kurayami in Shogun Steel. Additionally, Arthur made his debut by interrupting a battle, similarly to Sakyo.
- Arthur is the First Character to use Dark Turbo.
- He is the second character after Phi in the Burst series to have dark power and have a dark themed bey.