Berserker Byakko 125S or Berserker Whiger 125S (バーサーカーホワイガー125S, Bāsākā Howaigā 125S) is an Earth Element Attack Type Beyblade that appears in the anime Beyblade: Shogun Steel. It was revealed on May 28, 2013 in the South Korean premiere of the episode A New Fight. It is owned by Baihu Xiao.
Shogun Face Bolt - Byakko
Main article: Shogun Face Bolt - Byakko
The Byakko Shogun Face Bolt depicts the "White Tiger of the West", one of the Four Holy Beasts in Chinese mythology. The White Tiger of the West is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. Byakko depicts a white tiger head with black stripes and yellow eyes.
Warrior Wheel - Byakko
Main article: Warrior Wheel - Byakko
Byakko is a three-sided Warrior Wheel. Each side has wing-like designs, with four sloped layers. Between each of these wings are three spaces with lightning bolt-esque details and inclinations shaped like a tiger's head. Each side uses blue stickers of light and dark gradients placed over them to emulate a tiger's stripes and claws.
Element Wheel - Berserker
Main article: Element Wheel - Berserker
Berserker is a symmetrical Element Wheel, representing a line of chains. The orb design appears to represent boulders. While the Berserker Element Wheel has symmetry, its weight is average, and the shape is too irregular to find use. In addition, like all Element Wheels, Berserker is outclassed in all aspects by the use of Warrior Wheels, which are used in Synchrome combinations.
Spin Track - 125
Main article: Spin Track - 125
125 is a midway between the 105 and the 145 Spin Tracks. Utilized in mid-height Stamina Type combos, it is more difficult to destablize compared to 145 height Stamina Type combos. It has declined in popularity due to the release of gimmicked Spin Tracks of the same height, such as Tornado 125 (T125) and Defense 125 (D125), which offer more weight and balance capabilities.
Performance Tip - Spike
Main article: Performance Tip - Spike
Spike (S), or Sharp, is a pointed tip that allows for very little friction between the tip and the stadium surface, which helps prevent the loss of spin velocity. However, due to the fine nature of the tip, it has little movement and is easily knocked off balance, and hence is outclassed by alternatives such as Defense (D).
- The English name, Byakko (白虎), is Japanese for "White Tiger".
- In the Japanese version of the Original Series, Driger's Bit-Beast is called "Byakko".
- The Byakko Warrior Wheel appears to be good for Upper Attacks, similar to the Driger series.
- Berserker Byakko is one of five Beys that pay tribute to the Original Series and the Four Holy Beasts (including the Yellow Dragon of the Center) of the Chinese constellations:
- Ronin Dragoon pays tribute to Dragoon from the Original Series, which was based on the Azure Dragon of the East.
- Guardian Garudas pays tribute to Dranzer from Original Series, which was based on the Vermilion Bird of the South.
- Berserker Byakko pays tribute to Driger from the Original Series, which was based on the White Tiger of the West.
- Bandit Genbu pays tribute to Draciel from the Original Series, which was based on the Black Tortoise of the North.
- Thief Zirago pays tribute to Strata Dragoon from the Original Series, which was based on the Yellow Dragon of the Center.
- This is the third Beyblade to use the 125S combo. The first was Leone 125S and the second was Storm Aries 125S.
- Berserker Byakko appears in the Beyblade: Evolution video game as a default Beyblade in Zero-G Mode. In-game, its Byakko Warrior Wheel does not have any stickers, and it uses the 145WSF combo.