Beyblade: Shogun Steel (Japanese: メタルファイトベイブレードZero-G, Beyblade: Shogun Steel) is the name for the seventh anime series of the Beyblade anime and the fourth season of the Metal Saga created by Takafumi Adachi. It is the sequel to the anime series, Beyblade: Metal Fury (Metal Fight Beyblade 4D).
Zyro Kurogane, the new protagonist who looks up to Gingka Hagane and aims to become the strongest Blader, is the No. 1 Blader who remains undefeated on his home turf. In order to test his own strength, Zyro arrived at the town where Gingka and his friends were, but Gingka wasn't there and champion Bladers who aim at becoming the strongest Blader of tomorrow had gathered.
Straightaway, Zyro starts to battle with them, but he wasn't used to dealing with the Zero-G Stadium, which wasn't in his hometown, so it was a tough fight for him... However, with his natural guts and instinct, Zyro understands the walkthrough methods and heads towards victory.
As such, will the champion Bladers stand in Zyro's way one after the other?!
- Zyro Kurogane - The main protagonist of Zero-G. Zyro is known as the Blader of Fire due to his Bey, Samurai Ifraid W145CF. Seven years since the destruction of the God of Destruction, Zyro looked up to No. 1 Blader, Gingka Hagane. Now older, Zyro, who is the best from where he hails, will have nothing come in his way in order to pursue his destiny; Meet his idol, Gingka Hagane, and face-off with him in a battle for the title of No. 1 Blader in the world! Or, will his rival Bladers defeat him in supremacy in the new era of Beyblade. New stadiums, new gameplay, new rules, Beyblade is changed forever and Zyro will have to deal with it if he wants to match the likes of Gingka!
- Mal - Junior Data Collector and Mechanic
- Shinobu Hiryūin - Fire Element Blader, uses Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD
- Kite Unabara - Eito's sibling, Water Element Blader, uses Guardian Revizer 160SB
- Eight Unabara - Kaito's sibling, Water Element Blader, uses Pirates Orojya 145D
- Benkei Hanawa - Owner of Bull Burger, teacher at the Metal Bey City BeyPark.
- Madoka Amano - Owner of the B-Pit, continues as a mechanic from the previous season.
- Tsubasa Otori - Director of the WBBA
- Main article: List of Beyblade: Shogun Steel episodes
The Shogun Steel series has utilised one opening theme, and one ending theme so far in it's run. The opening theme is titled "Zero-G Bey! Go!" and is performed by YU+KI. The ending theme is titled "Looking Up Smiling (We Go!)", and is also performed by YU+KI.
- Beyblade: Shogun Steel marks the first time a dubbed anime series has not utilised the "Beyblade: Metal" prefix since back in 2002, with Beyblade: G-Revolution.