Hot Rock (ニューヨーク 謎の石版, The Mysterious Slate in New York) is the twenty-eighth episode of Beyblade: V-Force.
The Bladebreakers are en route to New York city, where Max's mother Judy is expected to fix their beyblades from the damage they suffered at the Psykick's building.
Just as they leave the airport, however, Judy takes them to the BBA research lab where she shows them an ancient rock, covered in mysterious writing. Judy reveals that not only is the rock believed to hold the secret of the bit-beasts, but an organized crime syndicate is plotting to steal it.
A test battle is fought, using a bit containing a piece of the rock but the power it produces is far too unstable. The blader who performed the test turns out to be Max's school friend, Alan, and the two pals make plans to enter a Beyblade tournament scheduled for the next day. But that night, the rock is stolen by Alan himself and two men. The Bladebreakers are informed of it just as Judy unveils the newly repaired Driger and Dranzer.
Arriving at the BBA facility, Tyson grabs a bike and sets off in hot pursuit, using a practice blade he received to blow out the getaway car's tire. The thieves take off on foot and Max runs into them only to discover that his pal, Alan, is in on the plot.
- The Bladebreakers meet up with Judy at the New York BBA.
- Everyone's Beyblades are currently under repairs.
- This episode reveals the premise of ancient rocks that contain bit-beasts.
- Max reunites with his childhood friend: Alan McKenzie.
- Alan helps a mysterious group steal the bit-beast rock.
- Max Tate
- Tyson Granger
- Hilary Tachibana
- Kai Hiwatari
- Ray Kon
- Judy Tate
- Alan McKenzie (Debut)
- Taro Tate
- Mr. Dickenson
- Kane (flashback)
- Salima (flashback)
- Jim (flashback)
- Goki (flashback)
- Kai Hiwatari (Dranzer V) vs Ray Kon (Driger V) = Interrupted
- In the English Dub:
- Max is shown eating a burger even though he says "I love ice cream".