Thirteen Candles (タカオVSカイ、宿命の対決!, Takao vs. Kai, Confrontation of Fate!) is the seventh episode of Beyblade: 2000.
Tyson, Max, and Kenny are working on Dragoon to ensure victory in the finals when Grandpa interrupts and reveals to Tyson that it is his thirteenth birthday and Tyson completely forgotten about that. A wild party breaks out in the locker room for Tyson.
After the party, the first round ends quickly, with Tyson unexpectedly defeating Kai. Kai then goes harder on Tyson and easily defeats him in the second round. The third round is explosive, with Tyson just managing to defeat Kai, and becoming the National Beyblade Champion. Mr Dickenson then reveals to Tyson, Kai, Max, Kenny and Ray that they will become a team and participate in the World Championships.
The Bladebreakers are born.
- Tyson defeats Kai and wins the Japanese finals.
- Tyson turns 13 years old (12 years old in the Japanese version).
- Kai, Tyson, Max, and Ray form the Bladebreakers.
- The Bladebreakers head into the World Beyblade Championships.
- Tyson Granger
- Kai Hiwatari
- Max Tate
- Ray Kon
- Taro Tate
- Mr. Dickenson
- Ryu Granger
- DJ Jazzman
- AJ Topper & Brad Best
|1st round||Tyson Granger (Dragoon S) vs. Kai Hiwatari (Dranzer S)||Win: Tyson and Dragoon|
|2nd round||Tyson Granger (Dragoon S) vs. Kai Hiwatari (Dranzer S)||Win: Kai and Dranzer|
|3rd round||Tyson Granger (Dragoon S) vs. Kai Hiwatari (Dranzer S)||Win: Tyson and Dragoon|
- The supposed 'birthday party' thrown for Tyson was actually a good luck party in the original version.
- After having offered Kai some cake, Tyson comments "what a grouch." In the European Portuguese version, in what is likely an error, the comment ("que rezingão") is heard a second time in a non-cartoon normal voice, after the scenes have cut to the Seaside Dome.
- In the Japanese version, a map of the world with beybladers could be seen.
- In the original, Kai was convinced to join team Bladebreakers because he was told there were a lot of strong beybladers with holy beasts across the world.
- In the Dub, Kai is given the role of team leader, while Tyson is nominated for the position in the Original.