Hot Battle In A Cold Town (決勝の地ロシア, Russia, The Location of the Finals) is the fortieth episode of Beyblade: 2000.
The Bladebreakers arrive in Moscow on a brisk winter's day in anticipation of the World Beyblading final tournament. As they search for their hotel in the chilly city, they happen upon Boris, a strange man who claims to be the head of a rather eerie Beyblading training center.
With the charm of an old world count, Boris invites them to lunch and them brings them to the training facility where they meet the next generation of Beybladers. It's here where Boris decides that one of his pupils should test his blading skills against Tyson. Our heroes are led into a rather stark, castle-like chamber which houses nothing more than a Beystadium and here Tyson takes on a young kid named Alexander. At first the battle is in favour of Alexander, but Tyson quickly turns the tide with Kai's help and wins with his patented Phantom Hurricane Attack.
After the match, Alexander's Beyblade is crushed under Boris' foot and the young lad is dragged off in disgrace, much to the anger of the Bladebreakers (especially Tyson) who quickly leave. At the end of the episode, Kai vows to return and seek retribution.
- The Bladebreakers arrive in Russia.
- The Bladebreakers meet Boris, chairman of the Russian Tournament.
- Tyson wins his match against Alexander.
- Dragoon F (Tyson's)
- Matryoshka (Alexander's, destroyed)
- Dranzer S (Kai's, flashback)
- Draciel Metal Ball Defenser (Max's, flashback)
- Various Generic Beys
- Starting with this episode of the season, the transition to commercial screens in the English Dub change from spinning Beyblades of various colours (blue, green and pink) to team logos.