"Wyvron in the Way!" (立ちはだかる飛竜(ワイバーン)！, Tachihadakaru hiryō (waibān)!) is the ninth episode of Beyblade Burst, the first season of the Beyblade Burst anime. It first aired in Japan on May 30th, 2016, in Canada on November 26th, 2016, in Australia on December 13th, 2016, and in the United States on December 29th, 2016.
Orochi Ginba helps Nika, who got lost. Orochi, who is said to have divine hearing, finds himself interested in the sound that Valt's launches create. Furthermore, Wakiya, who has started taking an interest in Valt, lures him out by ordering a delivery of bread and forcefully begins a battle!
- Shu defeats Kyoji Aranami in the fourth round of the regional tournament, advancing to the semi-finals.
- The semi-final contestants are confirmed as Valt Aoi, Wakiya Murasaki, Orochi Ginba and Shu Kurenai.
- Valt will battle Wakiya in the semi-finals, while Orochi will battle Shu.
- Wakiya and Valt battle and Wakiya wins, while also putting Valt's Special Moves to shame. After this loss, Valt is filled with frustration.
- Valt Aoi
- Shu Kurenai
- Rantaro Kiyama
- Ken Midori (Keru & Besu)
- Daigo Kurogami
- Wakiya Murasaki
- Toko Aoi
- Nika Aoi
- Chiharu Aoi
- Hoji Konda
- Orochi Ginba
- Kyoji Aranami
- Valtryek V2 Boost Variable (Valt's)
- Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite (Shu's)
- Wyvron W2 Vertical Orbit (Wakiya's)
- Horusood H2 Upper Claw (Hoji's)
- Kerbeus K2 Gravity Revolve (Kyoji's)
- Shu Kurenai (Spryzen S2 Knuckle Unite) vs. Kyoji Aranami (Kerbeus K2 Gravity Revolve) = Shu & Spryzen (3-0)
- Round 1: Shu & Spryzen (Unknown; 1pt)
- Round 2: Shu & Spryzen (Burst Finish; 2pts)
- Valt Aoi (Valtryek V2 Boost Variable) vs. Wakiya Murasaki (Wyvron W2 Vertical Orbit) = Wakiya & Wyvron (4-0)
- Round 1: Wakiya & Wyvron (Survivor Finish; 1pt)
- Round 2: Wakiya & Wyvron (Ring-Out Finish; 1pt)
- Round 3: Wakiya & Wyvron (Burst Finish; 2pts)
Special Moves Used
- Rush Launch (Valtryek V2 Boost Variable)
- Flash Launch (Valtryek V2 Boost Variable)
- Shield Launch (Wyvron W2 Vertical Orbit)
- Shield Crash (Wyvron W2 Vertical Orbit)