"Lord of Destruction! Dread Phoenix!" (破壊神!デッドフェニックス!!, Hakaishin! Deddo Fenikkusu!!) is the forty-third episode of the Beyblade Burst Turbo season. It first aired on January 28, 2019 and later aired on August 10, 2019 in Canada and on October 26, 2019 in America.
Challenging the legendary lone wolf Blader, Free De La Hoya, gives Phi the perfect opportunity to introduce the world to his ultimate Bey, Dread Phoenix. While Phi only battles for destruction, Free is fighting for something far more important: the future of Blading as he knows it.
- Phi battles Free with his new bey and wins, leading to Geist Fafnir being destroyed.
- Valt challenges Phi to avenge Free, but Phi declines as he plans to save Valt for last.
- Aiger decides to go on a training journey.
- Aiger Akabane
- Free De La Hoya
- Valt Aoi
- Kit Lopez
- Raul Comas
- Kristina Kuroda
- Ranjiro Kiyama
- Naru Akabane
- Fubuki Sumiye
- Suoh Genji
- Toko Aoi
- Nika Aoi
- Shu Kurenai
- Xavier Bogard
- Turbo Achilles 00 Dimension (Aiger's)
- Dread Phoenix 10 Friction (Phi's)
- Dread Hades 11Turn Zephyr' (Hyde's; flashback)
- Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb (Free's; Destroyed)
- Z Achilles 11 Xtend+ (Aiger's; flashback)
- Phi (Dread Phoenix 10 Friction) vs. Free De La Hoya (Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb) = Phi and Phoenix (3-1)
- Round 1: Free and Fafnir (Ring-Out Finish; 1 pt)
- Round 2: Phi and Phoenix (Ring-Out Finish; 1 pt)
- Round 3: Phi and Phoenix (Burst Finish; 2 pts)
Special Moves Used
- Dread Crush (Dread Phoenix 10 Friction)
- Absorb Break (Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb)
- Geist Spin (Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb)
- Geist Claw (Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb)
- Dread Cannon (Dread Phoenix 10 Friction)
- Dread Cannon Crush (Dread Phoenix 10 Friction)
- Dread Phoenix was shown with its 10 Forge Disc and Friction Performance Tip in this episode, despite being officially released with the 0 Forge Disc and Atomic Performance Tip. This carries over into the later episodes that directly involve Dread Phoenix.
- This marks the fourth time Phi has destroyed another person's Bey, and the first time he destroyed a Left-Spin Bey
- The end of the episode implied that Shu would be Phi's next target. This is ultimately proven true in episodes 46 & 47.