- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Luinor L4 13 Jolt-S.
Bloody Longinus 13 Jolt (ブラッディロンギヌス・サーティーン・ジョルト, Buraddi Ronginusu Sātīn Joruto) is an Attack Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It was released as a Starter in Japan on April 28th, 2018 for 1512円. It is the evolution of Nightmare Longinus Destroy and later evolves into Rage Longinus Destroy' 3A.
Energy Layer - Bloody Longinus
- Main article: Energy Layer - Bloody Longinus
Takara Tomy's Bloody Longinus is a wide Energy Layer designed for Left-Spin Attack that features five dragon heads, representing the anime's rendition of this Layer's beast; a dragon, with one in the center of the Layer and four that line each of the wings that make up the points of contact, creating a diamond and thus aggressive and high recoil design. The snouts of the dragons and the tip of each wing are molded into the shape of spear heads which are meant to represent this Layer's namesake; the Roman Soldier Longinus of Christian Mythology who stabbed Christ with a lance.
As part of the Cho-Z Layer System and like previous Longinus Layers, Bloody Longinus features metal in its design; in this case, each of the outer dragon heads are made of metal. The inclusion of metal makes Bloody Longinus heavier than most God Layers.
The heavy weight of Bloody Longinus' metal dragon heads generate high inertia which increases the Layer's Knock-Out and Burst potential. However, the Left-Spin nature of Bloody Longinus means that it and a Right-Spin opponent's Layer will spin together like gears if they are of similar spin speed, which heavily reduces recoil and the rate of Bursts. However, the recoil-heavy diamond shape can still create strong Knock-Out potential, though not to the degree of Nightmare Longinus, in Opposite-Spin battles and makes Bloody Longinus outclass its predecessor in Burst Attack potential in Left-Spin vs. Left-Spin battles.
Furthermore, Bloody Longinus is very wide in shape, which increases its Attack range and allows greater room for error in Banking Patterns. While the opposite spin allows for some degree of Spin-Equalization, it is not to the degree of Geist Fafnir or Spriggan Requiem.
Bloody Longinus features three teeth of medium-high length that are capable of withstanding the recoil this Layer produces, even against another Left-Spin opponent, as the heavy weight further increases Burst Resistance as the Layer's higher inertia can better resist teeth skipping.
Like many other Cho-Z Layers, Bloody Longinus is unbalanced which increases the risk of Bursts, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.
Forge Disc - 13
- Main article: Forge Disc - 13
13, like most other odd numbered Core Discs, is asymmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Disc Frame. Each side features four protrusions with molding to create the shape of a "13" with one side featuring a greater number of molding lines, though too shallow to create any noticeable imbalance. While the aggressive design of the Disc may imply high Burst potential from Disc-to-Layer contact, due to the fact that most Burst Performance Tips are of the same or very similar heights, such contact is rare. Compared to other Core Discs, 13 is one of the lightest, even lighter than 6. This light weight severely hinders 13's Attack, Defense and Stamina potential and while the light weight would create high Burst Resistance, the heavy weight of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System and the Cho-Z Layer System makes the use of lightweight Discs for Burst Resistance obsolete.
Performance Tip - Jolt
- Main article: Performance Tip - Jolt
Due to the surface area to friction ratio, Jolt will create a highly aggressive, and if launched with a Banking Shoot, somewhat easily controllable movement pattern. In terms of speed, the greater surface area given by the spikes makes Jolt faster than Xtreme and as fast as Merge. Jolt’s high speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing a Banking Pattern in battle, which would make it one of the better choices for Attack Combinations.
However, Jolt has four major weaknesses. Firstly, the high friction of the rubber means that Jolt has incredibly low Stamina, furthermore, the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the Stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction also means that Jolt resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force is transferred the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers, increasing the chances of Self-Bursts. Third, Jolt features a slightly weak spring lock, further exacerbating the risk of Self-Bursts. Lastly, Jolt will wear down with use. While this can create an initial benefit in speed from the tip fitting into the curvature of the Stadium, heavy use will decrease its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's Stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones.
Jolt is slightly shorter than most Tips, this reduction in height is meant to improve Attack potential by striking the opponent’s Layer from an upwards angle, creating Destabilization potential. However, the height of most Layers and the negligible difference between Jolt's height and the height of most other Drivers mitigates the Destabilization potential.
The direction of Jolt’s rubber spikes are meant to, in theory, create greater speeds in Left-Spin Combinations. In practice however, there is little discernible difference in movement speed between Left-Spin and Right-Spin.
- Like its predecessors, Lost Longinus Nine Spiral and Nightmare Longinus Destroy, Bloody Longinus is based off of St. Longinus, the Roman soldier who pierced Jesus' side during his Crucifixion in Christian mythology.
- This is enforced by its dragon avatar.
- Bloody Longinus' avatar is an upgrade of Nightmare Longinus' with major alterations:
- The scales are segmented and enforced on the chest, arms and legs.
- The gold crown's size on the forehead is increased.
- The antlers are now violet with a smaller horn underneath each.
- The white body is now light-gray with alabaster-white portions.
- The azure stripes are now reduced to two, and reduced to the upper arms and thighs.
- The spines on the back are now a black mane.
- The wings are larger and sports black feather-like structures.
- A dragon head-style plate with red eyes on each forearm and wing.
- A violet under section on the front of the hip.
- Seven magenta orbs: one on the forehead, one on each dragon head, and two on the chest; a rhombus-style and a "V"-style.
- And the tail's spear tip is large like a lance and triangular-structured with an azure base.
- The Beyblade's five dragon heads are reminiscent of the Five Holy Wounds of Christ made by the Holy Lance that was thrusted into Jesus' side during his Crucifixion.
- In the Turbo anime, Bloody Longinus possesses a yellow Level Chip.