|“||It was in order to catch up with you, to surpass you, that I made it this far.||”|
—Beyblade Burst Evolution - Episode 27, Boa Alcacer to Red Eye
Boa Alcazaba, also known as Boa Alcacer (ボア・アルカセル, Boa Arukaseru) in Japan, is a character appearing in the series Beyblade Burst Evolution. He is formerly a member of the Snake Pit Organization. He battles with his Balkesh B3 2Bump Atomic.
Boa Alcazaba is a mid-sized boy with frizzy light brown hair and green eyes. As of Episode 27, he gains a scar across his nose bridge. Boa wears a ripped dark blue poncho, and a black shirt. He also dons dark green khakis held up with a dark orange belt. Boa also wears black and navy blue high-top shoes. When battling, he straps a leather appliance that holds his launcher around his leg. Apart from his poncho, Boa wears the standard Snake Pit training uniform.
Boa is an ambitious young Blader, who follows his own goals. When he first meets Valt Aoi, Rantaro Kiyama, Wakiya Murasaki and Cuza Ackermann, he shows his determination through refusing to give up his difficult training, even when he is sweating heavily and almost collapses.
As he rises up in the Snake Pit Organization, he begins to openly questions Ashtem's goals and states that he does not want to become a tool for him. Boa remains fiercely against obeying every command he is given.
Boa is usually polite to others, and is calm outside of training and battles. He loses his composure the most when he interacts with the mysterious Red Eye.
BackgroundSnake Pit in order to become stronger. When the training seemed about to physically overwhelm him, Red Eye told him to keep going, which motivated Boa permanently. Thinking of Red Eye as the strongest of all Bladers, he pushes past his physical limits to rise to the status of a Masked Blader. However, Xander and Ren Wu defeat the Masked Bladers before he can realize this goal, leading to Red Eye leaving the Snake Pit. Boa meanwhile steps up his training and through major peril, manages to obtain his current Bey Balkesh B3.
After this, he begins to follow Shu around. He takes over the battle with Ren from him to prove his improvement in skill.
When he witnesses Red Eye's defeat at the hands of Lui, he is distraught by the perceived shortcoming of his idol.
In the International Blader's Cup, he is determined to defeat Shu, but fails. Then, he loses to Norman Tarver and Kurt Baratier. He manages to defeat Cuza Ackerman, but than fails to defeat Valt Aoi. Losing his faith, he almost throws his Bey to the ground, but is stopped by Valt. Eventually, the two accepted each other; and Boa leaves the Snake Pit. Before walking away, he warns Valt that Theodore Glass and Ashtem are one-and-the-same and that the true purpose of the tournament was for the sake of creating the ultimate Bey: Spryzen Requiem S3 0 Zeta.
- Final Guard: Balkesh B3's Forge Disc shifts with its Energy Layer three times and after the third time it creates a red spherical shield, which is Balkesh's last line of defense. Although powerful enough to deflect attacks, the shield can be broken if the opponent's attack is powerful enough, which causes Balkesh to Burst. If the opponent's attack isn't powerful enough, it will send the Bey flying in the air and usually Burst once it crashes into Balkesh's shield.
- Final Crash: Similar to Final Guard, Balkesh B3's position shifts three times but instead of remaining in the center of the stadium, Balkesh rides the slope and uses the momentum to its advantage to crash head on with the opponent. The move can knock the opposing Bey out of the Beystadium. But, if it's counteracted by a powerful attack, it can cause Balkesh to Burst.
|Beyblade Burst Evolution (anime)|
|Ren Wu Sun||33||Win (2-0)|
|Shu Kurenai (Red Eye)||41||Lose (1-3)|
|Norman Tarver||43||Lose (2-0)|
|Kurt Baratier||44||Lose (2-0)|
|Cuza Ackermann||45||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||47||Lose (2-0)|
Red Eye is Boa's motivation and he idolizes the powerful blader. From the start of Boa's stay in the Snake Pit Organization, Red Eye's harsh motivational speeches drive Boa to always give his all. As a trainee, Boa admires Red Eye for his strength, and asks him how he became a good Blader. After hearing the answer, that he had to try harder and believe that he could beat anyone, including Red Eye himself, Boa grew much stronger.
As they are both Snake Pit Bladers, Boa and Norman share an understanding of their situation and also a goal: to beat Red Eye. Both of them are critical of Ashtem and talk about this openly.
Though Ashtem is the one who gave Boa his Bey, Boa doesn't consider himself loyal to him due to the fact that he is aware of the former's true goals and refuses to allow himself to be used as a pawn. Instead, he chooses to follow his own path, to rely on himself and his Balkesh B3 2Bump Atomic.
Boa initially had a dislike of Valt due to the fact that he considered him weak after he had lost to Red Eye. This continued throughout most of the season until their battle in the International Blader's Cup, where Valt managed to defeat Boa. Afterwards, Valt saw Boa about to throw his Bey away in a moment of hopelessness and managed to stop him by convincing him not to give up because of one loss. Afterwards, Boa had a change of heart and finally accepted Valt's friendship.
For a full gallery of images of Boa, see Boa Alcazaba/Gallery.
- Boa's name comes from a genus of non-venomous constrictor snakes indigenous to Mexico, Central and South America.
- His last name, Alcacer is derived from the Spanish term 'alcazar' which means 'castle' or 'fort', likely a reference to his Bey, Balkesh B3, which is a Defense Type.
- In the International Blader's Cup, he only won once, in which he beat Cuza.
- Both Boa and Suoh Genji have had the same Beyblade prior to obtaining their current ones: Roktavor R2 Knuckle Unite. They are both also left-handed and use left-spin beyblades.
- He appears to be the only known Snake Pit Blader who isn't an antagonist.
- His birthday is November 21.
- His blood type is AB, which is probably a reference to his bey, Arc Balkesh