|“||Now let's rise up!||”|
- Dante Koryu, Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 1
Dante Koryu, also known as Drum Koryu (虹龍ドラム, Kōryū Doramu) in Japan, is the main protagonist of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise. He initially fought with his Beyblades Ace/Glyph/Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan. After his Bey was destroyed by Arthur Peregrine, Dante upgraded his Beyblade: Command Dragon Ignition'. He later borrows the Master Layer Base from Delta Zakuro to create Master Dragon Ignition'.
In Burst Surge, Dante returns with his newly evolved Lightning Bey: Triumph Dragon Charge Metal 1A.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Beyblades
- 5 Beybattles
- 6 Official Descriptions
- 7 Anime Appearances
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Video
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
Dante is a young boy of average height. He has green eyes, cropped blonde hair with a blue, horn-shaped highlight on each side of his temple, and bronze colored, short eyebrows. Dante also has a red and yellow marking on both cheeks under his eyes.
In Rise, Dante sports a white collared shirt with a red tie, a red fingerless glove for his left hand, teal baggy pants with light-blue suspenders hanging on the sides, white dress shoes, and a blue jacket with three lime stripes on each side, yellow sections on the sleeves and wrist collar, and a red "D" on the left jacket flap.
In Surge, Dante now wears a yellow collared shirt, the yellow sections on his jacket are now white, the wrist collar and bottom border are now white with a dark-blue stripe, the left flap now has two "D"s joined together and the right flap now has a printed red Beyblade symbol, his teal baggy pants now have a vertical white stripe on each leg, and he retains his white shoes and red glove.
When Dante resonates with his Beyblade, the blue highlights in his hair emit blue flames.
Dante is an optimistic, passionate, easy-going and earnest Blader. When Dante first saw Sword Valtryek defeat him with its golden aura, he was surprised and excited and it inspired him to make his own Gamma Bey.
As shown several times throughout the season, Dante has a habit of making scary faces when nervous. He also has a bad habit of accidentally revealing his strategies to his opponents.
He can also be quite over-confident if excited after winning a battle.
Dante is very resilient and will keep on battling the same opponent until he takes them down.
Once a member of the Spanish team BC Sol, the same team as Valt Aoi, he becomes inspired by the strength of Valt's new bey, Sword Valtryek, and decides to get a Gamma bey of his own. Dante moves to Japan and joins the Victories, a team managed by his uncle.
Dante is first seen at BC Sol when Valt showed both him and Delta Zakuro his new gamma bey Sword Valtryek. He immediately faced Valt in a bey battle and became inspired upon seeing his and Valtryek's Hyper-Flux.
He later traveled to Japan for special bey training alongside his new gamma bey Ace Dragon, which he designed himself, with his parents arranging for him to stay with his Uncle. Shortly after arriving he witnessed a bully attempting to steal Bushin Ashindra from Taka Kusaba and scared him into giving it back. Then after having quickly resolved a case of mistaken identify with Arman Kusaba, Taka's older brother and owner of Ashindra, Dante challenged him to a bey battle. While Dante managed to take an early lead with a ring out he was untimely defeated by Arman. Though the battle did unlock his ability to communicate with Dragon's bey spirit and he promised to make Dragon the strongest bey in the world.
Shortly thereafter he met with his Uncle Tango Koryu who was among the spectators of his match with Arman and he introduced Dante to his team the Victories, consisting of Arman, Taka and Ichika Kindo. Dante being inspired by their earlier contest, immediately challenged Arman to a rematch and managed to defeat him. With Tango noticing the beginning of Dante's own Hyper-Flux.
- Air Knight Vertical Volcanic: Dante's Bey in Beyblade Burst Rise prior to the series.
- Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante's primary Beyblade in Attack Mode in Beyblade Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip, the Zan Layer Weight, and the base itself were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine in Episode 15.
- Glyph Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Stamina Mode in Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip and the Zan Layer Weight were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Defense Mode in Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip and the Zan Layer Weight were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Command Dragon Ignition': Dante’s upgraded Beyblade in Burst Rise.
- Master Dragon Ignition': Dante's upgraded Beyblade in Burst Rise with Delta Zakuro's Master Layer Base.
- Triumph Dragon Charge Metal 1A: Dante's Lightning Beyblade in Burst Surge.
- Lightning Launch: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with his Beyblade, the Launcher will illuminate and sparkle, granting the bey a temporary increase in speed and power.
- Hyper-Flux: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with their Beyblade, the Bey turns gold with an illuminating light and sparkles, granting it a temporary increase in speed and power.
- Dragon Launch: Dragon starts building up power by circling halfway around a Beyblade stadium, then ricochets off the stadium's wall. Dragon then attacks the opponent's Beyblade at full force.
- Spring Cannon: Dragon increases its speed and attack power by using its spring-loaded Sting Disc to ricochet off the stadium wall. Dragon can also parry attacks by aiming the Sting Disc at incoming attacks.
- Glyph Strike: Dragon unleashes a barrage of attacks similar to Dragon Launch, but at a much faster rate, using the blades on the Grand Layer Base to deal damage to the opposing Beyblade.
- Rock Crash: With the energy of the Rock Layer Base, Dragon collides into the opposing Beyblade with tremendous force.
- Ignition Force: The Ignition Driver tip starts spinning and it makes Command Dragon accelerate at increasing speed as it spins or it will change directions spinning the other way.
- Winged Recoil: Command/Triumph Dragon uses its speed to smash into the stadium wall, then uses the movable 'wings' on the Command Layer Base/Triumph Ring to push off and gain tremendous speed and power to crash into the opposing Beyblade.
- Ultimate Break: While in its Ultimate form, Dragon uses the Command Base's rubber blades to deal massive damage to its opponent.
- Rainbow-Flux: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with their comrades, the Blader's Beyblade emits red, green and blue lights that fuse together, illuminating a spectrum of red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, indigo and magenta colors and sparkles, granting it a drastic increase in speed and power temporarily.
- Ultimate Upper: Master Dragon uses its energy to the Master blade and attacks from below to knock the opposing bey out of bounds.
- Extreme Recoil: Engaged with the opposing Beyblade, the hidden blades on Dragon's Tempest Ring pop out, granting it a boost in power to turn the force back on the opposing Beyblade until it bursts.
- Triumph Break: While in its Awakened form, Dragon uses the Triumph Ring's spring blades to deal massive damage to its opponent.
- Raging Tempest:
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Valt Aoi||01||Lose (0-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||01||Lose (1-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||01||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||02||Lose (0-1)|
|Arman Kusaba||02||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||03||Win (2-1)|
|Valt Aoi||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Ken Urame||04||Win (2-0)|
|Unnamed Blader||05||Win (2-0)|
|Joe Lazure||05-06||Win (3-1)|
|Lodin Haijima||07||Win (3-2)|
|Delta Zakuro||07-08||Lose (0-6)|
|Pheng Hope||10-11||Draw (1-1)|
|Blindt DeVoy||11-12||Win (2-1)|
|Aiger Akabane||13-14||Lose (2-3)|
|Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||15||Lose (0-4)|
|Pheng Hope||16||Win (2-0)|
|Blindt DeVoy||16||Win (2-0)|
|Arthur Peregrine||18||Win (3-1)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||19||Lose (0-3)|
|Arman Kusaba||21||Interrupted by Arthur Peregrine|
|Delta Zakuro||21||Lose (0-2)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||23||Lose (0-2)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||24||Lose (0-4)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||25||Win (2-0)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||26||Win (2-1)|
|Valt Aoi & Aiger Akabane (Battle Royale)||26||Not Shown|
|Beyblade Burst Surge|
|Ranjiro Kiyama||09||Win (2-0)|
|Hyuga Hizashi||10||Lose (0-2)|
|Hikaru Hizashi, Lui Shirosagi, Silas Karlisle, & Lain Valhalla (Battle Royale)||11||Lose (0-4)|
|Hikaru Hizashi & Rantaro Kiyama (with Lui Shirosagi)||13||Win (4-0)|
|Aiger Akabane & Lain Valhalla (with Silas Karlisle)||13||Lose (0-4)|
|Valt Aoi & Rantaro Kiyama (with Lui Shirosagi)||20||Win (2-0)|
|Free De La Hoya & Silas Karlisle (with Lui Shirosagi)||21||Lose (1-2)|
|Shu Kurenai & Lain Valhalla (with Lui Shirosagi)||22||Lose (0-4)|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Aiger Akabane & Ranjiro Kiyama)||22||Lose (0-3)|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Aiger Akabane & Hyuga Hizashi)||22||Lose|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Hikaru & Hyuga Hizashi)||22||Lose (0-3)|
|Hikaru & Hyuga Hizashi (with Lui Shirosagi)||23||Lose (0-4)|
|Aiger Akabane & Ranjiro Kiyama (with Lui Shirosagi)||23||Win (4-2)|
Dante Koryu is a kind Blader with a cheery personality and a strong sense of justice. But, when he gets nervous, his intense expression can scare off those around him. He learned to Blade from his mentor, Valt Aoi, during his time at BC Sol. After witnessing Valt’s Valtryek achieve Hyper-Flux, the ultimate state of a Bey, Dante decides to set off on his own adventure to help his Bey, Dragon, discover its full potential.
This Blading legend is a huge goofball who just happens to be a natural Blading genius. Inspired by Valt Aoi, Dante began his Beyblade journey at BC Sol. Kind and cheerful, he’s the kind of Blader to charge headfirst into anything without holding back. His ignorance of the concept of personal space might surprise some at first, but it’s just one part of his talent for making friends.
- Episode 01 - Ace Dragon! On The Rise!
- Episode 02 - Abracadabra! Wizard Fafnir!
- Episode 03 - Dragon vs. Fafnir!
- Episode 04 - Inspiration! Challenging Valt!
- Episode 05 - All-In! Judgement Joker!
- Episode 06 - The Final Hand!
- Episode 07 - Bey Carnival! Epic Final!
- Episode 08 - Dante vs. Delta!
- Episode 09 - Flying High! Harmony Pegasus!
- Episode 10 - Flash of Light! Shining Crux!
- Episode 11 - Battle in The Skies!
- Episode 12 - Spin! Advance! Survive!
- Episode 13 - The Final Stage! Facing Aiger!
- Episode 14 - Shining Bright! Hyper-Flux!
- Episode 15 - Invasion! The New King!
- Episode 16 - Rebirth! Command Dragon!
- Episode 17 - Genesis in Motion!
- Episode 18 - Dragon vs. Apocalypse!
- Episode 19 - Dragon vs. Genesis!
- Episode 20 - Rebirth! Master Devolos!
- Episode 21 - Ultimate Creation! Eclipse Genesis!
- Episode 22 - Shining Ashindra!
- Episode 23 - Dragon's Ultimate Awakening!
- Episode 24 - Rising Ferocity! Tag Battle!
- Episode 25 - The Greatest Tag Battle Ever!
- Episode 26 - Rising Friendship! Master Dragon!
- Episode 09 - Is This a Dream?! Or Is It a Nightmare?!
- Episode 10 - Rise to Victory! Triumph Dragon!
- Episode 11 - The Great Revolution! Legend Festival!
- Episode 12 - Hyuga and Lain vs. Hikaru and Aiger!
- Episode 13 - A Tag Battle Among Men!/GT vs. Super Z!
- Episode 14 - Win and Go Forth, Zoom Zoom Zoom!/Strongest and Unbeatable vs. The New Generation!
- Episode 16 - Finals! Valt vs. Lean!/Limit Break! Hyperion and Helios!
- Episode 17 - The Fierce Crimson God! World Spriggan!/Tag Showdown! Valt & Shu!
- Episode 18 - Lucifer The End's Counterattack!/Computer! Beyblade Virtual! (Image)
- Episode 19 - The Best Tag Partner!/It Begins! Legend Super Tag League!
- Episode 20 - Take Down! Ultimate Storm!/Crash! All of Their Own Bonds!
- Episode 21 - The Climactic Legend Battle!/Burn, Flare! Spark!
- Episode 22 - Friendly Fire!? Limit Break: The End!/Next-Level Training! Jet Wyvern!
- Episode 23 - Burning! Manly! A Serious Battle!/Mad Storm! Raging Tempest!
- Episode 24 - No Spark!?/Bonds Between Beys!
- Episode 25 - Confident! Timid? Carefree!?/Surpass Your Limits! The Legendary Wall!
- Episode 26 - It's a Revolution! The Final Battle!/Break Through Our Limits! Our Flare!
In Rise, Dante was Valt's student at BC Sol along with Delta Zakuro. After seeing Valt's Sword Valtryek activate Hyper-Flux in Episode 01 of Rise, it inspired Dante to achieve Hyper-Flux also.
The spirit inside Dragon encourages Dante to battles and become the strongest Blader.
Dante and Arman are good friends. They often train together, though sometimes they argue.
Fumiya and Dante meet at the Spark Devils gym. In the beginning, Fumiya challenged Dante to a beybattle to gain popularity. After defeating him, he finally gained respect from Fumiya as a Blader and an ally.
Kaio is Dante's father.
Rogia is Dante's mother.
Tango is Dante's uncle.
Since the series, Dante has always shown to idolize and have a high of opinion of Delta. He has never said a negative thing about Delta and oddly never noticed his apathy for him, which shows just how much Dante idolizes him as a Blader. He was also torn as he saw his Bey getting destroyed by Arthur and tries to avenge Delta's loss.
After Delta joined the Victories, their relationship became strong and their friendship has also improved, such as laughing along with Arman as a teammate and a friend.
When Dante meets Pheng, he pulled a prank on him. After challenging Pheng and defeating him, Pheng became fast friends after being inspired by Dante's Hyper-Flux.
Blindt became interested in Dante during the Battle Island Tournament, then he meets Blindt again after Command Dragon was created.
When they first met during the Battle Island Tournament, he developed a friendship with Aiger. During the events, he and Aiger remained friends with he and Valt, alongside the Victories.
Dante treats Arthur with hostility after he destroyed Ace Dragon and Erase Devolos.
When he and Gwyn meet for the first time, after Dragon's destruction, he was inspired by Gwyn's knowledge to evolve Dragon into Command Dragon. Dante battled Gwyn countless times, stating that he will never give up on his friendship with Gwyn, even during the final battle. In addition, Dante's Rainbow-Flux finally reached Gwyn's mind and soul. He and Gwyn are friends at last.
He became fast friends with him and Hyuga after battling him. He and Hikaru are friends alongside Hyuga.
After battling Hyuga, he respects Hyuga as his new friend, along with Hikaru.
After battling Ranjiro, he have a fast and friendly rivalry with him. After the events of Legend Festival; he and Ranjiro are friends and rivals, it shows in episode 24 that they're cheering for the Hizashi brothers who are battling Silas Karlisle and Free De La Hoya.
At first, Lui didn't like Dante due to him not being a worthy opponent. However, after they defeated Hikaru Hizashi and Rantaro Kiyama in the Legend Festival, Lui began to respect Dante as a Blader and a tag-team partner. They have a brother-like relationship, treating each other with respect & love.
- "Yo! Y'know, I really don't like how you're talking to him!" - to Ken when he and another Blader mocked and belittled Taka in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 01.
- "That's unforgivable, seriously unforgivable! I'm gonna win, I won't stand by and let you destroy our club!" - to Fumiya Kindo after saying he was only battling him to crush the Victories in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 03.
- "You guys hear that? I'm a hero! They actually called me a hero!" - to the Victories after watching a news broadcast about him for the tenth time in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 19.
- "I'm gonna show his highness who he's messin' with!" - to Arman when he was being taken away from Arthur in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 18.
For a full gallery of images of Dante, see Dante Koryu/Gallery.
- Dante's Zodiac is a Libra.
- Dante is the second Beyblade protagonist after Tyson Granger to use a Beyblade with a dragon motif.
- Dante is the third main Beyblade protagonist whose name was changed in the English episodes, the first being Tyson Granger from the first Beyblade generation and the second being Aiger Akabane from Beyblade Burst Turbo.
- Dante was the sixth Blader in Burst to use a ripcord launcher instead of a string launcher until Beyblade Burst Surge, the first five being Hoji and Koji Konda, Haruto Aota, Hae-jin Oh, and Phi. If one counts the Sword Launcher and Digital Sword Launcher as ripcord launchers, that would make Dante the seventh Blader to use a ripcord launcher; the sixth Blader being Xander.
- He was also the first Burst protagonist to use a ripcord launcher.
- Dante shares the same appearance with his mother since they both have blonde and blue hair and green eyes.
- Dante is the first main protagonist not to debut at the age of 11.
- He also the first main protagonist that is an otaku, as revealed on Hiro Morita's Twitter account, thus makes him the youngest otaku character in anime, at just 10 years old.
- Dante's last name, Koryu, is a reference to Kohryu, a dragon in Chinese lore who represents the element of Earth, one of the five elements of the Wu Xing.
- Kohryu also means "Rainbow Dragon", which is enforced by the Rainbow-Flux move near the end of the season.
- It was also revealed in the first episode of Rise that he loves dragons, which is why his Bey is a dragon.
- He has the same eye and hair color as his mother.
- Dante is the first Beyblade Burst main protagonist to not be raised in Japan, as the manga reveals that he grew up in France.
- Dante is the first main Burst protagonist to be an only child.
- Dante is the third main Burst protagonist to have his Beyblade destroyed, following Valt and Aiger.
- Dante is the first main character and the protagonist in Rise to own a dash driver.
- Dante is the first character to defeat Arthur Peregrine in a battle.
- Dante is the second character to use Hyper-Flux, but he is the third character to master it.
- Dante is the first and only character to use Rainbow-Flux.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist to not use the words "Whip" or "Slash" in his Special Move for his bey.
- Dante is the youngest protagonist being only 10 at the time of his debut.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist who uses a Bey that's not humanoid.
- Dante is the only character to actually defeat Gwyn in a battle.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist to have a generic Beyblade before getting a named one.
- He is the first character to own a Beyblade without a Forge Disc and is also the first character to own a Beyblade that is a part of the Power Core System.
- His upgraded English dubbed Beyblade Command Dragon might be taken from its Japanese dubbed Imperial Dragon and changed into Imperative. The word "Command" might be taken from Imperative Sentence, which is a sentence to Command someone to do something.
- Dante is the second Burst protagonist to reuse parts, as he did reuse the 1A Chassis from Hyuga Hizashi's Super Hyperion, first being Aiger Akabane.
- Dante and Hikaru Hizashi are the first protagonists in the Burst Series to not make it into the semi-finals of a tournament, being in the Legend Festival.
- Dante is the first protagonist to not appear in every episode of his own season, as he does not appear in the eighteenth Japanese episode of Beyblade Burst GT.
- He is similar to Lui Shirosagi; they are both very emotional & they own dragon type beys. They are also intense & hotheaded, as well as capable of resonating with their beys.
- Coincidentally, the two are paired up in the Legend Festival Tag Team Battle.