|“||Now let's rise up!||”|
- Dante Koryu, Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 1
Dante Koryu, also known as Drum Koryu (虹龍ドラム, Kōryū Doramu) in Japan, is the main protagonist of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise. He initially fought with his Beyblades Ace/Glyph/Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan. After his Bey was destroyed by Arthur Peregrine, Dante upgraded his Beyblade: Command Dragon Ignition'. He later borrows the Master Layer Base from Delta Zakuro to create Master Dragon Ignition'.
In Burst Superking, Dante returns with his Superking Bey Tempest Dragon Charge Metal 1A.
Dante is a young boy of average height. He has green eyes, blonde hair with a blue, horn-shaped highlight on each side of his temple, and bronze colored, short eyebrows. Dante also has a red and yellow marking on both cheeks under his eyes.
In Rise, Dante sports a white collared shirt with a red tie, a red fingerless glove for his left hand, teal baggy pants with light-blue suspenders hanging on the sides, white dress shoes, and a blue jacket with three lime stripes on each side, yellow sections on the sleeves and wrist collar, and a red "D" on the left jacket flap.
In Superking, Dante now wears a yellow collared shirt, the yellow sections on his jacket are now white, the wrist collar and bottom border are now white with a dark-blue stripe, the left flap now has two "D"s joined together and the right flap now has a printed red Beyblade symbol, his teal baggy pants now have a vertical white stripe on each leg, and he retains his white shoes and red glove.
When Dante resonates with his Beyblade, the blue highlights in his hair emit blue flames.
Dante is an optimistic, passionate, easy-going and earnest Blader. When Dante first saw Sword Valtryek defeat him with its golden aura, he was surprised and excited and it inspired him to make his own Gamma Bey.
As shown several times throughout the season, Dante has a habit of making scary faces when nervous. He also has a bad habit of accidentally revealing his strategies to his opponents.
He can also be quite over-confident if excited after winning a battle.
Dante is very resilient and will keep on battling the same opponent until he takes them down.
Once a member of the Spanish team BC Sol, the same team as Valt Aoi, he becomes inspired by the strength of Valt's new bey, Sword Valtryek, and decides to get a Gamma bey of his own. Dante moves to Japan and joins the Victories, a team managed by his uncle.
- Air Knight Vertical Volcanic: Dante's Bey in Beyblade Burst Rise prior to the series.
- Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante's primary Beyblade in Attack Mode in Beyblade Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip, the Zan Layer Weight, and the base itself were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine in Episode 15.
- Glyph Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Stamina Mode in Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip and the Zan Layer Weight were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Defense Mode in Burst Rise until the Dragon Gatinko Chip and the Zan Layer Weight were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Command Dragon Ignition': Dante’s upgraded Beyblade in Burst Rise.
- Master Dragon Ignition': Dante's upgraded Beyblade in Burst Rise with Delta Zakuro's Master Layer Base.
- Tempest Dragon Charge Metal 1A: Dante's Superking Beyblade in Burst Superking.
- Dragon Launch: Ace Dragon starts building up power by using the stadium slope, and then rushes at the opponent, similar to Valt Aoi's Rush Launch and Aiger Akabane's Z Launch.
- Spring Cannon: Ace Dragon hits the wall, and uses its Sting Disc to bounce off and gain even more speed.
- Glyph Strike: Like his Dragon Launch, Glyph Dragon attacks all over the place and sends the opponent up in the air.
- Rock Crash: With the energy of the Layer Base, Rock Dragon quickly collides with the opponent's bey causing drastic damage, similar to Lui's Dragon Scream.
- Ignition Force: The Ignition Driver tip starts spinning and makes Command Dragon accelerate as it spins or changes spin direction.
- Wing Recoil: Command Dragon hits the wall, causing its "wings" to retract, and then charges into the opposing Beyblade.
- Ultimate Break: Command Dragon uses the rubber blades in its Ultimate Form to deal massive damage to it's opponent.
- Rainbow Turbo: When Dante and Dragon achieve complete synchronization with Delta, Arman, and their respective Bey spirits, Dragon emits red, green and blue lights that fuse together, creating a rainbow of colors and granting it a drastic increase in speed and power.
- Ultimate Upper: Master Dragon channels its energy into the blades on the Master base and attacks from below to make a powerful uppercut.
- Sparking Shoot:
- Double Bound:
- Tempest Break:
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Valt Aoi||01||Lose (0-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||01||Lose (1-2)|
|Arman Kusaba||01||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||02||Lose (0-1)|
|Arman Kusaba||02||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||03||Win (2-1)|
|Valt Aoi||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Ken Urame||04||Win (2-0)|
|Unnamed Blader||05||Win (2-0)|
|Joe Lazure||05-06||Win (3-1)|
|Lodin Haijima||07||Win (3-2)|
|Delta Zakuro||07-08||Lose (0-6)|
|Pheng Hope||10-11||Draw (1-1)|
|Blindt DeVoy||11-12||Win (2-1)|
|Aiger Akabane||13-14||Lose (2-3)|
|Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||15||Lose (0-4)|
|Pheng Hope||16||Win (2-0)|
|Blindt DeVoy||16||Win (2-0)|
|Arthur Peregrine||18||Win (3-1)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||19||Lose (0-3)|
|Arman Kusaba||21||Interrupted by Arthur Peregrine|
|Delta Zakuro||21||Lose (0-2)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||23||Lose (0-2)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||24||Lose (0-4)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Delta Zakuro)||25||Win (2-0)|
|Gwyn Reynolds||26||Win (2-1)|
|Valt Aoi & Aiger Akabane (Battle Royale)||26||Not Shown|
|Beyblade Burst Superking|
|Ranjiro Kiyama||09||Win (2-0)|
|Hyuga Asahi||10||Lose (0-2)|
Dante Koryu is a kind Blader with a cheery personality and a strong sense of justice. But, when he gets nervous, his intense expression can scare off those around him. He learned to Blade from his mentor, Valt Aoi, during his time at BC Sol. After witnessing Valt’s Valtryek achieve Hyper-Flux, the ultimate state of a Bey, Dante decides to set off on his own adventure to help his Bey, Dragon, discover its full potential.
- Episode 01 - Ace Dragon! On The Rise!
- Episode 02 - Abracadabra! Wizard Fafnir!
- Episode 03 - Dragon vs. Fafnir!
- Episode 04 - Inspiration! Challenging Valt!
- Episode 05 - All-In! Judgement Joker!
- Episode 06 - The Final Hand!
- Episode 07 - Bey Carnival! Epic Final!
- Episode 08 - Dante vs. Delta!
- Episode 09 - Flying High! Harmony Pegasus!
- Episode 10 - Flash of Light! Shining Crux!
- Episode 11 - Battle in The Skies!
- Episode 12 - Spin! Advance! Survive!
- Episode 13 - The Final Stage! Facing Aiger!
- Episode 14 - Shining Bright! Hyper-Flux!
- Episode 15 - Invasion! The New King!
- Episode 16 - Rebirth! Command Dragon!
- Episode 17 - Genesis in Motion!
- Episode 18 - Dragon vs. Apocalypse!
- Episode 19 - Dragon vs. Genesis!/Aurora! Superior Turbo!
- Episode 20 - Revive! Diabolos!/Shine! Master Smash!
- Episode 21 - Creation of The World! Big Bang Genesis!/Super Speed! Super Spinning! Super Attack!
- Episode 22 - Shine, Ashura!/A Serious Showdown! wbba. VS HELL!
- Episode 23 - Dragon's Ultimate Awakening!/The Jet-Black Dread Gyro!
- Episode 24 - A Seriously Intense Tag Battle!/The Strongest Formula!
- Episode 25 - The Greatest Tag Battle!/We Are Victories!
- Episode 26 - A Serious Friendship! Master Dragon!/It’s Serious! Drum vs. Gwyn!
- Episode 09 - Heaven!? Hell!!/GT is Here!
- Episode 10 - Storm! Tempest Dragon!/Flare of Tyranny: Lean!
In Rise, Dante was Valt's student at BC Sol along with Delta Zakuro. After seeing Valt's Sword Valtryek activate Hyper-Flux in Episode 01 of Rise, it inspired Dante to achieve Hyper-Flux also.
The spirit inside Dragon encourages Dante to battles and become the strongest blader.
Dante and Arman are good friends. They often train together, though sometimes they argue.
Fumiya and Dante meet at the Spark Devils gym. In the beginning Fumiya challenge Dante to a beybattle to gain popularity, then after defeating him, he finally gained respect from Fumiya as a blader and an ally.
Kaio is Dante's father.
Rogia is Dante's mother.
Tango is Dante's uncle.
Since the series, Dante has always shown to idolize and have a high of opinion of Delta. He has never said a negative thing about Delta and oddly never noticed his's apathy for him, which shows just how much Dante idolizes him as a Blader. He was also torn as he saw his bey getting destroyed by Arthur and tries to avenge Delta's loss.
After Delta joined the Victories, their relationship became strong and their friendship have aslo improved, such as laughing along with Arman as a teammate and a friend.
When Dante meets Pheng, he pulled a prank on him. After challenging Pheng and defeating him, Pheng became fast friends after being inspired by Dante's Hyper-Flux.
Blindt became interested in Dante during the Battle Island Tournament, then he meets Blindt again after Command Dragon was created.
When they first met during the Battle Island Tournament, he developed a friendship with Aiger. During the events, he and Aiger remained friends with he and Valt, alongside the Victories.
Dante treats Arthur with hostility after he destroyed Ace Dragon and Erase Devolos.
When he and Gwyn meet for the first time, after Dragon's destruction, he was inspired by Gwyn's knowledge to evolve Dragon into Command Dragon. Dante battled Gwyn countless times, he will never give up on his friendship with Gwyn, even during the final battle with Gwyn. In addition, Dante's Rainbow Turbo finally reached Gwyn's mind and soul. He and Gwyn are friends at last.
- "Yo! Y'know, I really don't like how you're talking to him!" - to Ken when he and another blader mocked and belittled Taka in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 1.
- "That's unforgivable, seriously unforgivable! I'm gonna win, I won't stand by and let you destroy our club!" - to Fumiya Kindo after saying he was only battling him to crush the Victories in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 03.
- "You guys hear that? I'm a hero! They actually called me a hero!" - to the Victories after watching a news broadcast about him for the tenth time in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 19.
For a full gallery of images of Dante, see Dante Koryu/Gallery.
- His birthday is October 6th.
- In Superking, Dante's S-tier blader rank is number 6, making him ranked 6th in the world.
- His zodiac is Libra.
- Dante is the second Beyblade protagonist after Tyson Granger to use a Beyblade with a dragon motif.
- Dante is the third main Beyblade protagonist whose name was changed in the English episodes, the first being Tyson Granger from the first Beyblade generation and the second being Aiger Akabane from Beyblade Burst Turbo.
- Dante was the sixth blader in Burst to use a ripcord launcher instead of a string launcher until Beyblade Burst Superking, the first five being Hoji and Koji Konda, Haruto Aota, Hae-jin Oh, and Phi. If one counts the Sword Launcher and Digital Sword Launcher as ripcord launchers, that would make Dante the seventh blader to use a ripcord launcher; the sixth Blader being Xander.
- He was also the first Burst protagonist to use a ripcord launcher.
- Dante shares the same appearance with his mother since they both have blonde and blue hair and green eyes.
- Dante is the first main protagonist not to debut at the age of 11.
- He also the first main protagonist that is an otaku, as revealed on Hiro Morita's Twitter account, thus makes him the youngest otaku character in anime, at just 10 years old.
- Dante's last name, Koryu, is a reference to Kohryu, a dragon in Chinese lore who represents the element of Earth, one of the five elements of the Wu Xing.
- Kohryu also means "Rainbow Dragon", which is enforced by the Rainbow Turbo move near the end of the season.
- He has the same eye and hair color as his mother.
- Dante is the first Beyblade Burst main protagonist to not be raised in Japan, as the manga reveals that he grew up in France.
- Dante is the first main Burst protagonist to be an only child.
- Dante is the third main Burst protagonist to have his Beyblade destroyed, following Valt and Aiger.
- Dante is the first main character and the protagonist in Rise to own a dash driver.
- Dante is the first character to defeat Arthur Peregrine in a battle.
- Dante is the second character to use Hyper-Flux, but he is the third character to master it.
- Dante is the first and only character to use Rainbow Turbo.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist to not use the words "Whip" or "Slash" in his Special Move for his bey.
- Dante is the youngest protagonist being only 10 at the time of his debut.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist who uses a bey that's not humanoid.
- Dante is the only character to actually defeat Gwyn in a battle.
- Dante is the only Burst protagonist to have a generic Beyblade before getting a named one.
- He is the first character to own a Beyblade without a Forge Disc and is also the first character to own a Beyblade that is a part of the Power Core System.
- His upgraded English dubbed Beyblade Command Dragon might be taken from its Japanese dubbed Imperial Dragon and changed into Imperative. The word "Command" might be taken from Imperative Sentence, which is a sentence to Command someone to do something.
- Dante is the second Burst protagonist to reuse parts, as he did reuse the 1A Chassis from Hyuga Asahi's Super Hyperion, first being Aiger Akabane.