Dante Koryu, also known as Drum Koryu (虹龍ドラム, Kōryū Doramu) in Japan, is the main protagonist of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise.
Dante is a young boy of average height. He has green eyes, blonde hair with a blue, horn-shaped highlight on each side of his temple, and bronze colored, short eyebrows. Dante also has a red and yellow marking on both cheeks under his eyes.
For his attire, Dante sports a white collared shirt with a red tie, a red fingerless glove for his left hand, teal baggy pants with light-blue suspenders hanging on the sides, white dress shoes, and a blue jacket with three lime stripes on each side, yellow sections on the sleeves and wrist collar, and a red "D" on the left jacket flap.
Dante is an optimistic, passionate, easy-going and earnest Blader. When Dante first saw Sword Valtryek defeat him with its golden aura, he was surprised and excited and it inspired him to make his own GaTinko bey.
As shown several times throughout the season, Dante has a habit of making scary faces when nervous. He also has a bad habit of accidentally revealing his strategies to his opponents.
Dante is very resilient and will keep on battling the same opponent until he takes them down.
Once a member of the Spanish team BC Sol, the same same team as Valt Aoi, he becomes inspired by the strength of Valt's new bey, Sword Valtryek, and decides to get a Gatinko bey of his own. Dante moves to Japan and joins Victories, a team manged by his uncle.
- Air Knight K4 Vertical Volcanic: Dante's Bey in Beyblade Burst Rise before he got Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan.
- Ace Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante's primary Beyblade in Attack Mode in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Grand Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Stamina Mode in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Rock Dragon Sting Charge Zan: Dante’s primary Beyblade in Defense Mode in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Dragon Shoot: Ace Dragon starts building up power by using the stadium slope, and then rushes at the opponent, similar to Valt Aoi's Rush Launch and Aiger Akabane's Z Launch.
- Bound Stinger: Ace Dragon hits the wall, and uses its Sting Disc to bounce off and gain even more speed.
- Grand Beat: Like his Dragon Shoot, Grand Dragon attacks all over the place and sends the opponent up in the air.
- Rock Crash:
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Valt Aoi||01||Lose (0-2)|
|Amane Kusaba||01-02||Lose (1-2)|
|Amane Kusaba||02||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||03||Lose (0-1)|
|Amane Kusaba||04||Win (2-0)|
|Fumiya Kindo||05-06||Win (2-1)|
|Valt Aoi||07||Lose (0-2)|
|Ken Urame||08||Win (2-0)|
|Unnamed Blader||09||Win (2-0)|
|Joe Rurikawa||10-11||Win (3-1)|
|Lodin Haijima||13-14||Win (3-2)|
|Delta Zakuro||14||Lose (0-2)|
- Episode 01 - Time to Get Serious! Ace Dragon!
- Episode 02 - Keep on Going! Bushin Ashura!
- Episode 03 - Seer-iously!? Wizard Fafnir!
- Episode 04 - The Fiery Grand Dragon!
- Episode 05 - Dragon Vs. Fafnir!
- Episode 06 - Explosive Speed! Grand Beat!
- Episode 07 - Valt, I Challenge You!
- Episode 08 - The Exciting Bey Carnival!
- Episode 09 - All-In! Judgement Joker!
- Episode 10 - It's a Gatinko Battle in The Best Four
- Episode 11 - Serious Vs. Tricks!
- Episode 12 - Heavy Steel! Zwei Longinus!
- Episode 13 - I've Got This! Go, Shoot!
- Episode 14 - Serious Burst! Gold Turbo!
- Episode 15 - Drum vs. Delta!
Tango is Dante's uncle.
- "Time to get serious!"
For a full gallery of images of Dante, see Dante Koryu/Gallery.
- Dante is the second Beyblade protagonist after Tyson Granger to use a Beyblade with a dragon motif.
- Dante is the sixth blader in Burst to use a ripcord launcher instead of a string launcher, the first five being Hoji and Koji Konda, Haruto Aota, Hae-jin Oh, and Phi. If one counts the Sword Launcher and Digital Sword Launcher as ripcord launchers, that would make Dante the seventh blader to use a ripcord launcher; the sixth Blader being Xander.
- He is also the first Burst protagonist to use a ripcord launcher.
- Dante shares the same appearance with his mother since they both have blonde and blue hair and green eyes.
- Dante is the first main protagonist to not be the age of 11.
- He also the first main protagonist that is an otaku, as revealed on Hiro Morita's Twitter account, thus makes him the youngest otaku character in anime, at just 10 years old.
- Dante's last name, Koryu, is a reference to Kohryu, a dragon in Chinese lore who represents the element of Earth, one of the five elements of the Wu Xing.
- Kohryu also means "Yellow Dragon", which is enforced by Dante's blonde hair and the use of yellow in both his attire.
- He has the same hair color as his mother.
- Dante is the first main Burst protagonist to not have any siblings.