- This article is about the anime combo. For the Takara Tomy release, see Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic.
Dead Phoenix 10 Friction (デッドフェニックス・テン・フリクション, Deddo Fenikkusu Ten Furikushon) is a Defense Type Beyblade that's as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. As an anime-exclusive Beyblade, it was never released in any countries. It is owned by Phi. It is the evolution of Revive Phoenix 10 Friction.
Energy Layer - Dead Phoenix
- Main article: Energy Layer - Dead Phoenix
In-depth information for Takara Tomy's Dead Phoenix Energy Layer will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
When Dead Phoenix's Dead Core is combined with the Revive Armour from Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix is classified as a different Layer and as such, any differences in performance will be listed on the Imperfect Phoenix page.
When Dead Phoenix's Dead Armor (デッドアーマー, Deddo Āmā) is combined with the Revive Core from Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix is classified as a different Layer and as such, any differences in performance will be listed on the Perfect Phoenix page.
Forge Disc - 10
- Main article: Forge Disc - 10
10, like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Disc Frame. Each side features five protrusions, each molded into the shape of a "10". The protrusions extend further from the center more than other Core Discs which grants 10 high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and subsequent Stamina potential. Furthermore, the size of the protrusions makes 10 one of the heaviest Core Discs at the time of writing, heavier than 7 but less than 0, and grants an ideal weight distribution for Stamina Combinations. Its high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) grants it not only the highest Stamina potential out of all other Core Discs, but its weight grants it high Attack and Defense potential. With the use of Frames, 10 can be used to great effect in any Combination.
Performance Tip - Friction
- Main article: Performance Tip - Friction
Friction features a wide ball shaped tip that sits at the standard height composed of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) thermoplastic, akin to a combination of Massive and Yielding, surrounded by a ring of rubber, akin to Atomic's free-spinning ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's Defense by having greater surface area and friction, however in practice, Friction's low friction POM construction reduces much of the Knock-Out Resistance given by the surface area of the ball. Like the tabs of other ball based Performance Tips for Defense, Friction's rubber ring is meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of Stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the rubber is situated so high up that it is incapable of reaching the stadium floor at all.
While these features may imply that a Friction combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Cho-Z and SwitchStrike/God Layers and many Core Discs compensates for the POM construction and the static ball creates greater friction than a free-spinning ball, giving Friction greater Knock-Out Resistance than Atomic or Orbit. Furthermore, the low friction increases the Burst resistance of Friction-based Combinations. However, Friction performs poorly in Spin-Equalization and Opposite-Spin Combinations as the Tip is very easily Destabilized.
- Dead Phoenix's name is comes from the words "dead" and "phoenix", which is also a combination from Dead Hades 11Turn Zephyr' and Revive Phoenix 10 Friction.
- This would also make its name an oxymoron, as the phoenix is a symbol of life and rebirth.
- Dead Phoenix's avatar is the same as Revive Phoenix's, but with dark purple/magenta flames, a more demonic-looking face, and black & light gray armor reminiscent of Dread Hades.
- This is due to Phoenix absorbing Dread Hades' power and Phi upgrading Phoenix's Beyblade with a fragment of Dread Hades' Beyblade.
- Like Twin Nemesis 3Hit Jaggy, Dead Phoenix 10 Friction is an anime exclusive Beyblade; it can be made in real life with the Dead Phoenix Layer from the B-131 Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic Booster and both the 10 Disc and Friction Driver from the B-117 Revive Phoenix 10 Friction.