Delta Zakuro, known as Delta Akane (茜デルタ, Akane Deruta) in Japan, is the deuteragonist of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise. He is ranked as one of the Risen 3, and fought with his Beyblades, Venom/Erase Devolos Vanguard Bullet until its destruction by the hands of Arthur Peregrine. After overcoming his despair, Delta built his new Beyblade: Master Devolos Generate.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Beyblades
- 5 Beybattles
- 6 Official Description
- 7 Anime Appearances
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Videos
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
Delta is a tall boy with pale skin, red eyes, and half-smooth/half shaggy sea-green hair with long bangs over the left side of his face. His attire includes a white dress shirt with a deep crimson tie, a black buttonless vest, long grey pants, black loafers, a red jacket with a pink interior, dark-red borders and cuffs, and a cerulean belt around the waist band.
When Delta resonates with Venom/Erase Devolos, his left eye lights up in a crimson aura.
Delta is shown to have a calm and reserved demeanor, much like Shu and Fubuki. However he also seems to be detached when he just walks off when Valt shows him Dante's evolved Glyph Dragon. Delta is a dedicated Blader who takes his training very seriously.
He's also rather dismissive and cold. He tends to not smile much, however, when resonating with his bey he’ll smirk after defeating or witnessing a powerful Bey.
After obtaining Devolos, he was rather annoyed when Dante picked up Devolos to check its unique features and Delta snatched it out of his hands, though this could simply mean that he is protective of his Bey.
Delta also develops an arrogant side. He often saying that the sky only needs one star (being him), thinking that he is the only one who deserves to shine, he battles stronger opponents like Aiger and the other Risen 3 members as well as Bladers that are beyond his league to prove it. That leads to Devolos' destruction when having a rematch with Apocalypse.
After Devolos was destroyed, Delta became heartbroken at the loss of his partner. With his pride and ambition shattered, he wandered the streets in despair, showing just how attached he was to his Bey.
After being cheered up by Valt Aoi and evolving Devolos into Master Devolos, he changed to a nicer person, and showed his happy smile. In addition, he also came to accept Dante and became more appreciative of him. This is further evidenced when he (albeit begrudgingly) let Dante hug him when in the past he would’ve ignored him.
After joining the Victories, while still retaining his reserved demeanor, Delta has begun to warm up to his new teammates and even helping Arman connect with Ashindra. By the time of the Inferno vs. Victories battle, however, Delta has completely opened up and has begun regarding Dante and Arman as his friends, which is shown when the three share a laugh together.
Delta made his debut along with Dante as one of Valt's students at BC Sol, when he revealed his brand-new Gamma Beyblade, Sword Valtryek, and his achievement, Hyper-Flux. Inspired by Valt's Hyper-Flux, Delta creates his own Gamma Beyblades, Venom and Erase Devolos and sets out on his own journey.
In the sixth episode of the season, Delta returns as a participant and the champion of the European Championships, which lead to him becoming a member of the Risen 3 and now forming a bond with Devolos. After his victory in the European Championships, Delta finds his fellow teammate from BC Sol, Dante Koryu, participating in the finals of the Beyblade Carnival. After discovering that Dante had achieved Hyper-Flux, Delta informs Valt that he was leaving BC Sol and challenges and easily defeats Dante with a Hyper-Flux of his own, believing that Dante would be good "prey" for Devolos.
After defeating Dante, Delta strives even more to achieve the "world's best Hyper-Flux", and takes on Blindt DeVoy and masters the technique. With a chance to take on the World Champion, Aiger Akabane, Delta enters the Battle Island Tournament, with him becoming one of the three bladers to make it to the finish and becoming eligible to battle Aiger, but as Delta gets his chance, Arthur Peregrine interrupts the tournament, announcing that he was the new "King of Beyblade" and defeats Aiger with his Dark-Flux.
Wanting to defeat the so-called king who defeated the World Champion, Delta takes on Arthur but loses, with his Erase Devolos being shattered in the process, along with confidence and his blading carrer.
After his defeat, Delta returns to BC Sol where he reunites with his old mentor, Valt, who inspires Delta into evolving his shattered Bey into Master Devolos and tells him "whatever you need is always right by your side, you just need to reach out for it", which was who he had been rejecting the entire time, Dante.
Becoming encouraged by Valt's words, Delta defeats Arthur and finally accepts Dante as a friend. After Arthur and his team Inferno challenged the Victories to a team battle that will decide the "fate" of the blading world, Delta decides to assist the Victories and becomes the third member in the team battle, with the Victories winning the showdown.
Delta never made a physical appearance in the Beyblade Burst Surge anime, but in the manga, he returns as a Legendary Blader with the rank of S-Tier #9, and now owns his own Lightning Beyblades, Demise and Abyss Devolos.
- Heat Salamander 0 Unite: Delta's primary Bey in Beyblade Burst Rise before obtaining Venom Devolos.
- Venom Devolos Vanguard Bullet: Delta's primary Gamma Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Rise with the right-spinning Venom Layer Base until the Devolos Gatinko Chip was destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Erase Devolos Vanguard Bullet: Delta's primary Gamma Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Rise with the left-spinning Erase Layer Base until the Devolos Gatinko Chip and the base itself were destroyed by Arthur Peregrine.
- Master Devolos Generate: Delta's upgraded Beyblade in Rise.
- Demise Devolos 4Turn Merge' 1D: Delta's primary right-spinning Lightning Beyblade in the Beyblade Burst Surge manga.
- Abyss Devolos 5 Fusion' 1S: Delta's primary left-spinning Lightning Beyblade in the Surge manga.
- Hyper-Flux: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with their Beyblade, the Bey turns gold with an illuminating light and sparkles, granting it a temporary increase in speed and power.
- Dual Phantom: After taking a hard hit in battle or by slamming into another Beyblade or the stadium wall, Venom/Erase Devolos flies into the air and it's Bullet Tip splits into two pieces, where a mini-Beyblade is released, causing it and Venom/Erase Devolos to act as two Beyblades working together.
- Clone Attack: After taking a hard hit in battle, the Bullet Performance Tip splits into two pieces where a mini-Beyblade is released, which is used to lower the stamina of the opposing Beyblade.
- Clone Cannon: After using Dual Phantom to split its Bullet tip in two, Venom/Erase Devolos hits the mini Beyblade with an attack, sending it towards its opponent to deal damage.
- Shining Launch: Venom/Erase Devolos leans over on its Bullet Tip to increase it's speed and to deal great damage on the opponent's Beyblade.
- Shining Crux: After using Dual Phantom to split in two, Venom/Erase Devolos and it's mini-Beyblade attack the opposing Beyblade from opposite sides to create a powerful pincer attack.
- Clone Impact: As the mini Beyblade from the Bullet tip clashes with the opponent, Devolos rushes in and smashes into the Bullet tip to inflict knock-over damage.
- Master Launch: While the tip of the Generate driver is retracted, Master Devolos attacks the opposing Bey fiercely and then remains in the center of the stadium.
- Master Upper: When in clockwise rotation mode, Master Devolos channels its energy to the Master Layer Base's blade and attacks the opposing Bey from below to make a powerful uppercut.
- Master Smash: While Master Devolos is in it's left-spin mode, it speeds up on the upper deck of the stadium and then it crashes down into its opponent.
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Dante Koryu||07-08||Win (6-0)|
|Blindt DeVoy||09-10||Win (3-1)|
|Fumiya Kindo||12||Win (2-0)|
|Pheng Hope||12||Win (2-1)|
|Aiger Akabane||14||No Contest (0-0)|
|Arthur Peregrine||28||Lose (0-2)|
|Arthur Peregrine (with Dante Koryu)||15||Lose (0-4)|
|Arthur Peregrine||17||Lose (0-2)|
|Arthur Peregrine||20||Win (3-0)|
|Dante Koryu||21||Win (2-0)|
|Arman Kusaba||22||Win (1-0)|
|Blindt DeVoy||23||Win (2-0)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Dante Koryu)||24||Lose (4-0)|
|Gwyn Reynolds and Arthur Peregrine (with Dante Koryu)||25||Win (2-0)|
Delta Zakuro is one of BC Sol’s top Bladers and widely regarded as Valt Aoi’s successor. Few can rival Delta’s passion for Blading, but this very passion causes Delta to be overly harsh on himself and others. He believes there’s only room for one star in the Blading sky, and it’s going to be him.
- Episode 01 - Ace Dragon! On The Rise!
- Episode 03 - Dragon vs. Fafnir!
- Episode 06 - The Final Hand!
- Episode 07 - Bey Carnival! Epic Final!
- Episode 08 - Dante vs. Delta!
- Episode 09 - Flying High! Harmony Pegasus!
- Episode 10 - Flash of Light! Shining Crux!
- Episode 11 - Battle in The Skies!
- Episode 12 - Spin! Advance! Survive!
- Episode 13 - The Final Stage! Facing Aiger!
- Episode 14 - Shining Bright! Hyper-Flux!
- Episode 15 - Invasion! The New King!
- Episode 17 - Genesis in Motion!
- Episode 18 - Dragon vs. Apocalypse!
- Episode 19 - Dragon vs. Genesis!
- Episode 20 - Rebirth! Master Devolos!
- Episode 21 - Ultimate Creation! Eclipse Genesis!
- Episode 22 - Shining Ashindra!
- Episode 23 - Dragon's Ultimate Awakening!
- Episode 24 - Rising Ferocity! Tag Battle!
- Episode 25 - The Greatest Tag Battle Ever!
- Episode 26 - Rising Friendship! Master Dragon!
Delta and Dante were both understudies of Valt’s at BC Sol. However, Delta is shown to resent the former, likely due to the fact that, despite having more experience at BC Sol, Valt seemed to favor Dante (who had only recently joined) over him. Delta would usually reject Dante’s attempts to be friendly with him, and his dislike for him is shown when he called him a nuisance, snatched his Bey away when Dante wanted to examine it, and refused to let him help during their 2 on 1 battle with Arthur Peregrine. Even so, Dante felt sorry for Delta after his Bey was destroyed by Arthur and Apocalypse, and, not wanting him to abandon his partner, handed him the broken parts of his Devolos before letting him go off on his own, knowing that Delta would eventually come back even stronger.
When Delta returned with his newly evolved Master Devolos after having been lifted out of his funk by Valt, he finally learned to accept Dante as a worthy Blader as well as acknowledging him. During the match between the Victories and Inferno, Delta fully came around to viewing Dante as a friend, even going as far as to protect Dragon from being pushed out of the stadium by Gwyn's Genesis, as well as lending his Master Layer Base to Dante to use in the final battle.
After joining team Victories, he became fast friends with Arman and a loyal teammate. After battling Arman, Delta helped Arman in connecting with Ashindra, ultimately unlocking Arman's Hyper-Flux. They always strategize and find a way to lead them to victory. They both shared a laugh with Dante during the final match. After Dante's victory, they even shared a handshake together.
The spirit inside Devolos often demands that Delta battle opponents in order to consume the “Bey’s light”. After evolving into Master Devolos, his relationship with Devolos became much more warmer and more bright.
He was one of Valt's pupils in BC Sol, after the destruction of Devolos, Valt cheered Delta up and regained his confidence. In addition, he was inspired to create Master Devolos thanks to Valt's bright heart.
Valt alongside with Aiger cheered for Delta, Arman, and Dante.
He and Blindt have different tastes in each other, although Blindt sees him as a model for his art, Delta sees him as a different person.
Delta has shown to have a detestation towards Arthur and was stubborn enough to tell Dante that he wants to face him alone; this might be due to the former's interference in the Title Match.
Delta shows passion on beating Aiger Akabane to become the very best and become the champion. He takes Aiger very seriously and believes he can give it his all to beat him. However, after Arthur easily defeated Aiger, Delta seems to have lost interest in him.
- "Out of all the Bladers he could've chosen to battle him, he picks Dante?" -questioning why Valt chose Dante to battle his new Sword Valtryek Bey.
- "Why would I want to see that when you can't even land a proper launch. Don't waste my time."
- "If this is his best, he's still got a long way to go."
- "Consume him!"
- "Devolos will consume all of your light!"
- "Not enough, we need more!"
- "And you are nothing more than food for Devolos!" - to Blindt DeVoy in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 10.
- "If you can't win here, your Hyper-Flux will never evolve." - while watching Dante's match with Blindt in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 11.
- "Dante, you can't defeat Aiger Akabane, that right is reserved for me!"
- "I am the shining star, not Valt, and certainly not Dante!" - before the second battle in his match with Aiger in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 14.
- "I don't care if you're from Inferno or outer space, none of that matters. You'll still lose." - Before battling Arthur in Beyblade Burst Rise - Episode 17.
- Definitely not - to Dante Koryu
- "I'm not the same as I once was." -preparing for his rematch against Arthur.
For a full gallery of images of Delta, see Delta Zakuro/Gallery.
- Delta's blood type is A.
- His overall appearance is similar to that of Shu Kurenai.
- His Japanese surname, "Akane" means "deep red". Likewise, his English surname means "pomegranate", which is also a shade of red.
- He is the second Burst character after Phi to be named after a letter in the Greek alphabet (Δ).
- Delta is the first left-handed character in Beyblade Burst Rise, the second being Fumiya Kindo.
- Delta is one of seven Bladers in Burst to use a ripcord launcher instead of a string launcher; the others being Hoji and Koji Konda, Haruto Aota, Hae-jin Oh, Phi, and Dante Koryu. If one counts the Sword and Digital Sword Launchers as ripcord launchers, that would make Delta the eighth Blader to use a ripcord launcher; the sixth Blader being Xander Shakadera.
- Delta is so far the only member of the Risen 3 to use Hyper-Flux.
- He is also the only member to not have a numbered Forge Disc nor a Disc Frame.
- He is also the only member to own a Beyblade without a Forge Disc.
- He is also the only member that owns a driver fused with the Forge Disc that's non-electric.
- He could be considered a foil to Dante: Dante is extroverted and makes friends easily while Delta is more reserved and doesn't seem to like to be around anyone, Dante is quite cheerful and high spirited and Delta is more negative and dispassionate in contrast, they both use ripcord launchers but Delta is left-handed and Dante is right-handed, and while Dante's Dragon encourages him to battle, Delta's Devolos demands battles (in order to consume the Bey's Light).
- It took Delta 2001 tries to perfect his launch, as revealed in a flashback of episode 8 of Rise.
- He has a habit of talking to his bey, much like Valt, Lui, Phi, Aiger and Dante.
- Delta is the first character in Beyblade Burst Rise whose English initials are different from their Japanese initials, the second being Joe Lazure.
- Delta's left eye is normally visible underneath his hair, but after Devolos' destruction, his eye disappears behind it, symbolizing how broken he became after losing his Bey. His eye reappears after Valt helps to restore his confidence.
- Delta is the third Burst character to have a dual-spinning Beyblade; the first two being Count Nightfell and Shu Kurenai.
- Delta is the second character to defeat Arthur Peregrine in a battle after he lost three times to the latter.
- He's the only member of the Victories whose last name does not start with the letter K.
- Delta is the third character to use Hyper-Flux but the second character to master it.
- Delta is the only character in the Risen 3 that hasn't been defeated by Dante.
- He is also the only character to debut in Rise that has not been defeated by Dante.
- In the Japan popularity poll in 2020, Delta placed 8th as the most popular Rise character.
- Delta is the only character to use Hyper-Flux to not have yellow in their clothing.
- Delta is the first and only blader to own a generic left-spinning beyblade.
- He is the third to character to own a Beyblade without a Forge Disc and is also the first character to own a Beyblade that is a not part of the Power Core System, as the Generate driver is non-electric.
- Delta is the first of two characters to own manga-exclusive evolutions in the Beyblade Burst Surge manga, the other being Daigo Kurogami.
- Delta is one of two Surge characters whose initials are the same as his Bey: Abyss Devolos, although this is just for his Japanese initials, the other being Lain Valhalla.
- Delta is the only character whose Japanese initials are the same as his Bey.
- Delta is the only character to debut in Rise who doesn't have a brand new Beyblade English voice actor, as Brian Timothy Anderson voiced additional characters in Turbo before voicing Delta.
- Delta's Zodiac is a Leo.