|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Bit Chip: Dragoon
This Bit Chip is white and includes an optional sticker. It is the anime depiction of its Bit-Beast, Dragoon over a simplistic yellow and green background with white katakana for Dragoon, "ドラグーン".
Attack Ring: Eight Spiker
Main article: Attack Ring - Eight Spiker
- Weight: 5 grams
Eight Spikes takes the form of four dragon heads followed by slightly smaller fins, for a total of eight contact points. Each one of its eight well-spaced, well-shaped contact points is further enhanced by small spikes, adding Spike Attack to its already prodigious Smash Attack. Despite its hyper-aggressive profile, Eight Spiker is low on Recoil, and is capable of exceptionally clean knock outs at any stage of a battle.
It is therefore one of the best left spin Smash Attack ARs. However, being effective in left spin only comes at a cost: it is unable to make use of Grip Base, the fastest low-height base. Additionally, its lack of any Upper Attack slopes means that it has more trouble outspinning opponents when using bases such as SG Metal Flat 2. Nonetheless, it is an excellent Smash Attack AR, commonly considered the best Left-Spin Smash AR, and is, at the very least, a strong contender for this title.
Use in Smash Attack Customization
- AR: Eight Spiker (Dragoon G)
- WD: Wide Defense
- SG: Neo Left SG (Normal Core) (Dragoon V2)
- SP: Fin Tectors (Draciel V2)
- BB: Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)
In this custom, Eight Spiker's consistently powerful Smash Attack is enhanced in a couple ways: by the outwardly focused weight of Wide Defense–which increases movement speed–and by the additional lower Smash Attack provided by the Fin Tectors, which is useful given the slightly tall nature of Customize Grip Base.
Weight Disk: Ten Wide
Main article: Weight Disk - Ten Wide
- Weight: 14 Grams
Engine Gear: Metal Semi-Flat
Main article: Engine Gear - Metal Semi-Flat
Dragoon G is equipped with a Left Engine Gear which has a Metal Semi-Flat tip. Despite the name, however, the tip is flat, only having slight rounding of the edges. This provides aggressive movement and decent Survival. The Engine Gear itself provides a burst of speed (the timing of which depends on the base it is used with). However, the tip isn't fully able to make use of this, and often, the most noticeable effect of activation is self-KO.
Furthermore, it is too tall to hit many opponents, and is limited to Engine-Gear compatible bases, all of which are impractical and/or bulky. Overall, this part has no competitive use.
Blade Base: First Clutch
Main article: Blade Base - First Clutch
Like all First Clutch blade bases, Dragoon G’s base activates the Engine Gear at the start of the battle. The base has eight protrusions, four of which are similar in shape to Eight Spiker, the other four are slightly smaller, and lack the spikes. While this base provides some means to make contact with lower opponents, it is very prone to Recoil, and as such is not commonly used.
- Dragoon G - A-103 Engine Gear Try Set Metallic Blue Ver.
- Dragoon G - Fire Red Ver. (Toys 'R' Us Japan Exclusive)
- Dragoon G - Gold, Silver and Bronze Tournament Prize Versions.
- Dragoon G - JT Campaign Silver Ver.
- Dragoon G - Hasbro Metallic Dark Blue Ver. (comes with Left Customize Engine Gear and Metal Semi-Flat CEW)
- Bronze Ver. - Released as a Japanese BBA G1 prize.
- Blue Ver. - Released as part of the A-103 Beyblade Engine Gear Try Set.
- Fire Blood Ver. - Released as an exclusive recolor in Toys R Us stores in Japan. This variant is red in color.
- JT Original Ver. - Released as a JT Campaign prize.
- Hasbro Recolor - Released in a dark blue coloring as part of Hasbro's re-release campaign.
Dragoon G - Original Version
Dragoon G - A-103 Engine Gear Try Set Metallic Blue Version
Dragoon G - Fire Red Version (Toys 'R' Us Japan Exclusive)
Dragoon G - Hasbro Metallic Dark Blue Version
- Dragoon G is the only Beyblade with a red Engine Gear.