- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Fafnir F3 8 Nothing.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing (ドレインファブニル・エイト・ナッシング, Dorēn Fabunīru Eito Nasshingu) is a Stamina Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the God Layer System. It was released as a Starter in Japan on April 29th, 2017 for 1404円.
Energy Layer - Drain Fafnir
Main article: Energy Layer - Drain Fafnir
Takara Tomy's Drain Fafnir is a somewhat triangular Energy Layer designed for Stamina that features three side profile dragon heads with clear plastic "nose horns" along the perimeter, an "F" along with each dragon that sticks out slightly at two points from the perimeter and three claws grasping the center God Chip, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; Fafnir the Nordic Dragon of Greed. These molding details gives Drain Fafnir both a rough perimeter and a high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Flywheel Effect by concentrating the weight along the perimeter. Drain Fafnir features three teeth of medium-high length, akin to those found on Lost Longinus.
Drain Fafnir features two gimmicks: The first is that this Layer is Left-Spin, opposite to most other Beyblades. The second is that the "F"s are made of rubber, akin to the L-Drago II Clear Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. The inclusion of rubber aids in this Layer's ability to Spin-Equalize with a Right-Spin opponent.
While the triangular shape and rough perimeter of Drain Fafnir may imply recoil, the Left-Spin nature of this Layer reduces recoil against a Right-Spin opponent and even when against a Left-Spin opponent, the protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and Stamina loss. When spinning slower than a Right-Spin opponent, the rubber "F"s, "horns" and rounded shape of Drain Fafnir allows for Spin-Equalization, where the Layers of two opposite spinning Beyblades work akin to gears and equally distribute their spin, by acting as a cushion against impact, increasing friction between Layers, acting as a "hook" for the other Beyblade to catch into and propel Drain Fafnir faster and reducing recoil to increase the rate of contact. However, the effect, while still there, is not as great as that of the L-Drago II Wheel as the amount of exposed rubber along the perimeter is less than that on the aforementioned Wheel.
When against a Left-Spin opponent, Drain Fafnir cannot Spin-Equalize, in this case the clear plastic "horn" of each dragon head receives the first impact to deflect attacks like standard Stamina Type Layers and the friction of the rubber acts as brakes; stopping the Layer of the opponent and causing them to Burst so long as they have less Burst Resistance. However if Drain Fafnir has less Burst Resistance against a Left-Spin opponent, the friction of the rubber can cause a Drain Fafnir combination to Self-Burst.
Forge Disc - 8
Main article: Forge Disc - 8
8, like other even numbered Core Discs, is symmetrical and elliptical in shape in order to facilitate a Disc Frame. Each side features four protrusions, each molded into the shape of an "8". Each of the lower loops of the "8"s features gaps, akin to Knuckle, which takes weight away from the center and creates high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and subsequent Flywheel Effect, features theoretically perfect for Stamina. Furthermore, 8 is one of the heaviest Discs in the game, heavier than Heavy, Gravity, 2, 4, and 6 and its use can bolster a Beyblade's Knock-Out Resistance and Attack potential. However, like other heavy discs with high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) such as Gravity and Ring, the use of 8 severely decreases a Beyblade's Burst Resistance as a trade off.
Performance Tip - Nothing
Main article: Performance Tip - Nothing
Nothing features a low angled, spring loaded cone shaped tip. In theory the tip is meant to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental Self-Knock-Outs from bouncing.
However, the gimmick means that the tip is unfixed and is capable of tilting somewhat which creates poor Stability. This poor Stability is further made dangerous by the molding of the cone which as a slightly raised lip around the center, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Eternal Wide Defense or Wave Wide Defense which when knocked off balance the lip creates a second point of contact, creating acceleration which reduces Stamina. As such, Nothing is outclassed in terms of Stamina by Revolve and Atomic.
- Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing "Crystal Blue Version"
- Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing "Crimson White Version"
- Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing "Evil Dragon Version"
- Drain Fafnir is based off of Fafnir, a son of the dwarf king Hreidmar, in Norse mythology. Fafnir was cursed by Andvari's ring and gold, turning him into a dragon, which is enforced by Fafnir's dragon avatar.
- The "Drain" part of Fafnir's name is enforced by the bey's ability to absorb an opposing bey's stamina as they clash.
- Like Lost Longinus Nine Spiral, Nightmare Longinus Destroy, Bloody Longinus 13 Jolt, Arc Bahamut 2Bump Atomic, and Hell Salamander 12 Operate, Drain Fafnir is a Left-Spin Beyblade.
- The password to access Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing "Evil Dragon Version" and "Crimson White Version" in Beyblade Burst God 3DS game is "Ufurukesetamo" for "Evil Dragon Version" and "Nekesarotsunuha" for "Crimson White Version" . It must be written in hiragana letters.
- Drain Fafnir is the first of three Beys in Beyblade Burst Evolution to retain its original name in both the Japanese and English Versions of the anime; the others being Blast Jinnius and Shelter Regulus.