|“||The ENERGY LAYER™ represents an ancient fighting spirit and acts as the main point of contact between two tops in combat. Each ENERGY LAYER™ affects how the BEYBLADE BURST™ top engages with an opponent when they collide in battle.||”|
The Energy Layer™ is a component of Beyblade Burst™ tops. Within the Beyblade Burst™ Performance Top System™, the Energy Layer is (structurally) the first layer of the top's anatomy and affects how Beyblade tops engages one another in battle, mainly through the use of Attacks.
|“||ENERGY LAYER™ affects how the top engages with an opponent when they collide in battle.||”|
Similar to the Attack Rings, Energy Rings/Fusion Wheels, and Element Wheels/Warrior Wheels, Energy Layers are the primary combat component of the Beyblade and provides the necessary tools and weapons for the Bey to engage other Beys in combat. Most Energy Layers are designed with the likeness of an Avatar and many of their characteristics and attributes are reflected in their design.
Energy Layer Classifications
The standard construction of an Energy Layer™ usually consists of pieces made from either clear polycarbonate (PC) and colored acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic materials, as well as metal support pieces (ie. screws and springs) when necessary. All Energy Layer vary greatly in size and shape. Many Energy Layers™ produced by Takara Tomy were manufactured using the following materials:
Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA)
|Polyamide (PA)||Polycarbonate (PC)|
|Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)||Polyoxymethylene (POM)|
|Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)||Zinc-Alloy|
Performance Top Layers
The first type of Energy Layers™ had a simple structure and design, usually comprising a clear casing over a colored frame. Both pieces featured distinct points of articulation between them which complimented each other as a single unit.
This classification of Energy Layer consist of a clear Over Layer (Japanese: オーバーレイヤー) and a colored Layer Core (Japanese: レイヤーコア) which work together to structurally support each other. Layer Cores feature the effigy of the Beyblade's Avatar while Over Layers feature the stylized initials of the Energy Layers, engraved in its center.
When Hasbro began manufacture and distribution of Beyblade Burst™ products in the international territories, they would release both the original wave of Beyblade Burst™ and Dual Layer™ tops under their Beyblade Burst™ Performance Top System.
SwitchStrike Energy Layers
Beyblade Burst™ SwitchStrike™ Energy Layers™ have features that augment the way Beyblade tops behave during collisions while in battle.
These layers don't allow discs to be added. You can only have the layer and driver.
Cho-Z Layers are Energy Layers™ constructed with heavyweight Zinc-Alloy (Japanese: 亜鉛合金) parts reinforcing the exterior. Cho-Z Layers manufactured by Takara-Tomy differ from the Hasbro brand Energy Layers™ in two, key aspects. The first being that Cho-Z Layers were designed to accommodate Level Chips and the other being that all Hasbro brand, Cho-Z-inspired Energy Layers™ (with the exclusion of the Hades H3) have replaced the material used for the Zinc-Alloy parts with a lighter, plastic material.
All Energy Layers™ inspired by the Takara-Tomy's Cho-Z Layers were released under the Beyblade Burst™ SlingShock™ product line, with the exception of the "Turbo Valtryek V3" and "Hades H3" Energy Layers, which were released under the Beyblade Burst™ SwitchStrike™ brand.
GaTinko Layers are Energy Layers™ specially designed to allow customization. Takara Tomy© brand GaTinko Layers can be customized between three specific parts:
- GaTinko Chip: Determines the spin direction.
- Weight: Influences the Energy Layer's weight distribution.
- Base: Determines the tools and method of combat.
Hasbro© brand GT Energy Layers limit the depth of customization to two parts:
- GT Chip: Determines the spin direction.
- Energy Layer: Determines the tools and method of combat.
These Energy Layers™ are the latest in Energy Layer™ technology.
In the TV Series
In the TV series and graphic novels, many of the Energy Layers are designed and independently by Bladers themselves using 3D printing technology and forge welding.
In the Graphic Novels
Similar to the TV series, in the graphic novel series, many of the Energy Layers are designed and produced independently by Bladers themselves using 3D printing technology and forge welding.
- The Energy Layers produced by Tomy Company LTD.
Name in other languages
- België: Energielaag
- French (a): Couche D'énergie
- French (b): Couche D'énergie Fusionnée avec Disque Forgé (Fused Energy Layer and Forge Disc)
- Italian: Strato di Alimentazione
- Japanese (a): レイヤー (Layer)
- Japanese (b): デュアルレイヤー (Dual Layer)
- Japanese (c): レイヤーコア (Layer Core), オーバーレイヤー (Over Layer)
- Japanese (d): 神レイヤー (God Layer)
- Japanese (e): 超Ƶレイヤー (Cho-Z Layer)
- Japanese (f): GTレイヤー) (GaTinko Layer)
- Korean (a): 레이어 (Layer)
- Korean (b): 듀얼 레이어 (Dual Layer)
- Korean (c): 레이어 코어 (Layer Core), 오버 레이어 (Over Layer)
- Korean (d): 갓 레이어 (God Layer)
- Korean (e): 초Z 레이어 (Cho-Z Layer)
- Korean (f): 진검 레이어 (G Layer)
- Portuguese (a): Camada de Energia
- Portuguese (b): Camada de Energia fusionada com Disco de Forja (Fused Energy Layer and Forge Disc)
- Russian: верхний энергетический слой
- Spanish (a): Capa de Energía
- Spanish (b): Capa de Energía Fusionada con Disco de Forja (Fused Energy Layer and Forge Disc)