- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Air Knight K4.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Air Knight (エアナイト, Ea Naito) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et on December 27th, 2018.
Takara Tomy's Air Knight is a Stamina Type Energy Layer, that features a wide, round perimeter. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Air Knight features metal in its design; in this case, the inner circumference of the Energy Layer is lined with metal. Like Maximum Garuda, Air Knight features blades that connect to its perimeter, creating Upper Force.
In theory the Upper Force will "lift" the Beyblade off of the Stadium and decrease friction between the Performance Tip and the stadium floor to improve Stamina. In practice however, the blades instead create air resistance when spinning and slow the Beyblade down, an issue that becomes exacerbated the harder Air Knight is launched.
Due to its round shape and excellent Outward Weight Distribution (OWD), Air Knight is an excellent option for Stamina/Defense Combinations.
While a decent Energy Layer at its release, Takara Tomy's Air Knight has since been outclassed as it is too light to be competitive in the current metagame.As such, Takara Tomy's Air Knight is recommended for collection purposes only.
Takara Tomy's Air Knight is not legal in the WBO's Burst Limited Format.As such, Takara Tomy's Air Knight is recommended for collection purposes only.
Takara Tomy's Air Knight is not legal in the WBO's Burst Classic Format.As such, Takara Tomy's Air Knight is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et - 01: Air Knight 12Expand Eternal
- B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et - 02: Air Knight 11 Friction
- B-143 Random Layer Vol. 1 Dread Bahamut Ten - 03: Air Knight
- B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21 - 05: Air Knight 10 Revolve
- The Air Knight Energy Layer shares a similar name and design to the Hard Metal System Beyblade, Aero Knight MS.