- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Driger Slash (Hasbro).
Driger Slash (ドライガースラッシュ, Doraigā Surasshu) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P on October 22nd, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Driger Slash is a Burst System adaptation of the Tiger Defenser Attack Ring and Driger Bit Chip from the Original Series' Spin Gear System. As such, it features an overall elliptical shape with two tiger heads with large wings that form the main points of contact and an image of the Bit Beast Driger in the center. The only differences between the Energy Layer and the original Attack Ring is that the Layer is much thicker overall, the wings are slightly more compact making the Layer somewhat smaller, the wings no longer have Upper Attack slopes and the "Bit Chip" is non-removable. Driger Slash features four teeth, the first is medium in length, the next three are tall in length, so tall that there have been reports of the Layer "sticking" in between clicks.
While the elliptical shape and large wings of Driger Slash may imply heavy recoil and high levels of Burst Attack, in reality the points of contact are actually compact due to their acute angle and thus reduce this Layer's recoil to below that of Victory Valkyrie's. Furthermore, the Burst Resistance of its teeth is mitigated by the Layer's light weight caused by its hollow construction. While Driger Slash can have some potential in Anti-Attack Combinations against Valkyrie and Xcalibur by catching their points of contact and Bursting them against its own Burst Resistance, with the release of the heavier SwitchStrike/God Layer System, this niche use is no longer viable.
While Takara Tomy's Driger Slash's strong teeth made it the most viable of the four original re-releases, it still has the same problem of light weight from its hollow design. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, this flaw has become crippling.
As such, Takara Tomy's Driger Slash is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P - 08: Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (grey)
- B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 08: Driger Slash 4Vortex Hunter
- B-00 Driger Slash (Clear Ver.) (Beyblade Bar Exclusive) (clear)
- B-00 Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (Black Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive) (black)
- B-00 Driger Slash Heavy Fusion (Gold Ver.)
- BG-07 Random Layer Collection Vol. 7 - 01: Driger Slash
- B-00 Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 20th Anniversary Set - Driger Slash Heavy Fusion