Fengriff F2, known as Fang Fenrir (ファングフェンリル, Fangu Fenriru) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-62 Dual Cyclone BeyStadium DX Set on October 22nd, 2016. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Jormuntor J2 & Fengriff F2 Dual Pack.
Fengriff F2 is an Attack Type Energy Layer that features four counterclockwise blades, akin to the Aquario Metal Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade. While the direction and smooth design of the blades may imply high Defense potential, the large gaps in between the blades creates too much recoil for such a purpose and the recoil that is produced is too little to create meaningful Burst Attack. Fang Fenrir's problems become exacerbated by the mediocre teeth of the Japanese release which are inconsistent on withstanding the recoil the blades produce, making Fengriff F2 Burst prone.
Fang Fenrir features a design with too little recoil for Attack, too much recoil for Defense, only average Stamina and weak Burst resistance.
As such, Fang Fenrir is recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Fengriff F2 is virtually unchanged from Takara Tomy's Fang Fenrir with the same issues of recoil and Burst resistance.
As such, Fengriff F2 is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-62 Dual Cyclone BeyStadium DX Set - Fang Fenrir Boost Jaggy
- B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern.4G.At - 03: Fang Fenrir Polish Atomic
- B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern.4G.At - 07: Fang Fenrir 6Glaive Liner
- BG-07 Random Layer Collection Vol. 7 - 02: Fang Fenrir
- Fengriff F2's design resembles the Aquario Metal Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade, and the Hyper Fusion Wheel from Hasbro's Beyblade Legends series.
- Fengriff F2's full Hasbro name, Ferro Fengriff, uses the word "ferro", which means 'combining form' or 'containing iron'.