Genesis Valtryek V3, known as God Valkyrie (ゴッドヴァルキリー, Goddo Varukirī) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the God Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-73 Starter God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot on March 18th, 2017. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Star Storm Battle Set.
Genesis Valtryek V3 is an Attack Type Energy Layer, the center features a feathered, armored face facing forward, unlike previous iterations where the face was seen from a side profile, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Odin's handmaidens of Norse mythology, albeit changed to match the anime's rendition; an armored knight. The perimeter is made up of a translucent layer with three upward slanting wings which act as the primary points of recoil and an opaque layer with three smaller sub-wings behind the main set. As part of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Genesis Valtryek V3 features gimmicks; the first is that the translucent layer and primary wings are spring loaded to create "Bound Attack", the second is that the Takara Tomy God Valkyrie can be improved with the Strike God Chip.
In theory the spring loaded Layer would increase Burst Attack by moving upon impact and forcibly springing back. However, without a locking mechanism, in practice the Bound Attack gimmick fails to work, instead recoil is only produced when the Bound Layer is pushed as far as it will go and will only spring back after the opponent has been pushed away. Furthermore, the spring will render recoil null late in battle when spin velocity becomes too low to force the Bound Layer back to the limit, instead slowing the Genesis Valtryek V3 Combination down.
Despite this, Genesis Valtryek V3 has comparable performance to its predecessor Valtryek V2 early in battle as the shape of Genesis Valtryek V3's wings is ideal for KO Attack early in battle and the resistance of the Bound Layer is still enough to Burst a suitably weakened opponent towards the end of a battle. Furthermore, the Takara Tomy release of God Valkyrie features three teeth of high length, akin to its predecessor Victory Valkyrie, allowing this Layer is withstand its own recoil. Finally, Genesis Valtryek V3 is heavier than its predecessor which further aids Burst resistance.
When combined with the Strike God Chip, God Valkyrie is classified as a different Layer and so any differences in performance will be listed on the page Strike God Valkyrie.
Use in Attack Combinations
God Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination God Valkyrie 0/2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex/Bump Xtreme. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex/Bump and high speed of Xtreme increases the inertia of the Combination which is needed to force the Bound Layer back and the teeth of God Valkyrie can compensate for the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs.
Due to the shape of this Layer's three wings, God Valkyrie is considered on par with Victory Valkyrie for KO Attack despite the intrusive gimmick and has greater Burst resistance due to its heavier weight and cushioning effect of the spring. However, with the release of other Layers such as Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, God Valkyrie became heavily outclassed in the current metagame.
As such, God Valkyrie is recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Genesis Valtryek V3 is virtually unchanged from Takara Tomy's God Valkyrie with the Bound Attack Gimmick intact, but because of the irremovable God Chip, Genesis Valtryek V3 is incapable of using the Strike God Chip. However, due to the release of Legend Spryzen S3, Genesis Valtryek V3 has become outclassed.
As such, Genesis Valtryek V3 is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-73 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (translucent blue, translucent red God Chip)
- B-87 Random Booster Vol. 7 Maximum Garuda.8F.Fl - 02: God Valkyrie 2 Flugel (green)
- B-96 Infinite Stadium DX Set
- B-00 Premiere Set - God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Premiere Set Ver.) (translucent violet, translucent violet God Chip)
- B-00 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Flame Knight Ver.) (red, translucent red God Chip)
- B-00 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (Ice Knight Ver.) (ice blue)
- B-00 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Bronze Ver.)
- B-00 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Silver Ver.)
- B-00 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (G1 Gold Ver.)
- E0722 Star Storm Battle Set - Genesis Valtryek V3 6Vortex Reboot
- E0955 Genesis Valtryek V3 6Vortex Reboot
- E1034 Genesis Valtryek V3 4Glaive Flugel
- E2458 Elite Warrior 4 Pack - Genesis Valtryek V3 6Vortex Reboot
- E5303 Ultimate Tournament Collection - Genesis Valtryek V3 6Vortex Reboot
- The Hasbro release of this part, Genesis Valtryek V3, is the first God Energy Layer to include a prefix before its standard name and code.