- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Horusood H2.
Holy Horusood (ホーリーホルスード, Hōrī Horusūdo) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-44 Booster Holy Horusood Upper Claw on May 28th, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Holy Horusood is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features a bird in the center looking left, shown with the Eye of Horus and four feathered blades that make up the bird's wings, two of which consist of clear plastic and two of which consist of colored plastic that are waved. All meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Horus, the falcon headed Egyptian god.
Like Wild Wyvern, while Holy Horusood seems round at first glance, but upon closer inspection its actually square in shape. Each of the corners of this square-like shape and the waves of the two colored blades create points of recoil that make it unsuitable for Stamina Combinations, while the waved blades do allow for some degree of Destabilization, the feathered design makes them too rough to be suited for such a purpose. This problem is further exacerbated by the fact that it features four teeth, the first short in length, and the last three are medium-short in length. As such, it is prone to losses by Bursts, as the teeth are unable to withstand the recoil the Layer creates.
Takara Tomy's Holy Horusood suffers from a recoil producing design and average teeth unable to withstand the recoil. While the waved design can produce some Destabilization, they too are unreliable for such a purpose. Furthermore, with the release of Cho-Z Layers such as Hell Salamander and Archer Hercules, Holy Horusood is far too light to be competitive.
As such, Takara Tomy's Holy Horusood is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-44 Holy Horusood Upper Claw (indigo)
- B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P - 04: Holy Horusood Vertical Jaggy (translucent red-orange)
- B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P - 06: Holy Horusood Triple Orbit (translucent lime green)
- Holy Horusood is the second Beyblade to be based off of Horus. The first was Vulcan Horuseus.