- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Jormuntor J2.
Jail Jormungand (ジェイルヨルムンガンド, Jeiru Yorumungando) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan as the Prize Layer of the BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 in July 2016 and was later released in the B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle on January 21st, 2017.
Takara Tomy's Jail Jormungand is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that has a mostly circular shape composed of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps or protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center of the Layer depicts two serpents spitting fire, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; Jörmungandr, the Midgard Serpent of Norse Mythology.
While Jail Jormungand has a well-balanced and Defensive-looking shape that makes it appear to be good for Stamina and Defense Combinations, it only has one good tooth, with the rest of its teeth being sub-par at best. This in turn, makes Jail Jormungand an ultimately useless Layer for competitive play.
While Takara Tomy's Jail Jormungand has an optimal shape for Defense Combinations, its poor teeth make it a very risky option for competitive play. Furthermore, with the release of the Cho-Z Layer System, especially with the release of Layers such as Archer Hercules and Revive Phoenix, Jail Jormungand is far too light to be competitive in the current metagame.
As such, Takara Tomy's Jail Jormungand is recommended for collection purposes only.
- BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 - 05: Jail Jormungand
- B-69 Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle
- B-87 Random Booster Vol. 7 Maximum Garuda.8F.Fl - 08: Jail Jormungand 6Glaive Nothing
- B-00 Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle (Flame Snake Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- Jail Jormungand has ties to Fenrir, Odin, and Ragnaruk, all of which are Energy Layers in the Burst System that are based upon their namesakes in Norse Mythology.