Jormuntor J2, known as Jail Jormungand in Japan, is an Energy Layer and is a part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted as the Prize Layer of the BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 in July 2016, and was later released again in B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand I. Cy. in January 2017.
Jormuntor J2 has a mostly circular shape composed of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps/protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center part of the bey shows two serpents breathing fire. While this well-balanced and defensive-looking shape appears to be a good layer, a quick glance underneath shows that the layer only has one good tooth, with the rest being subpar at best. This unfortunate fact makes Jormuntor J2 an ultimately useless layer.
The layer’s spirit is based on Jörmungandr, also known as the World Serpent, from Norse mythology. Jörmungandr was one of Loki’s three children, who grew so large it encompassed the earth and swallowed its tail.
While Jormuntor J2 has a optimal shape for defense, it’s poor teeth make it a very risky option for competitive play. As a result, this part is recommended for collection purposes only.
- BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3
- B-69 Booster Jormuntor J2 Infinity Cycle
- B-00 CoroCoro Jormuntor J2 Infinity Cycle (Red Ver.)
- Double Pack: Jumbo Jormuntor Infinity Cycle v. Ferro Fengriff Boost Jaggy
- Jormuntor J2’s basis has ties to Fenrir, Odin, and Ragnarok, which also have Energy Layers in the Burst System based upon them.