Jormuntor J2, known as Jail Jormungand (ジェイルヨルムンガンド, Jeiru Yorumungando) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted as the Prize Layer of the BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 in July 2016 and was later released in the B-69 Booster Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle on January 21st, 2017.
Jormuntor J2 has a mostly circular shape composed of two slopes with slight ridges and two small gaps/protrusions at the end of the slopes. The center part of the bey shows two serpents breathing fire. While this well-balanced and defensive-looking shape appears to be a good Layer, a quick glance underneath shows that the Layer only has one good tooth, with the rest being subpar at best. This unfortunate fact makes Jail Jormungand an ultimately useless Layer.
The Layer’s spirit is based on Jörmungandr, also known as the Midgard Serpent, from Norse mythology. Jörmungandr was one of the three children of Loki, and grew so large that it encompassed the earth and swallowed its tail.
While Jail Jormungand has an optimal shape for Defense, its poor teeth make it a very risky option for competitive play.
As a result, this part is recommended for collection purposes only.
- BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 - 05: Jail Jormungand
- B-69 Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle
- B-00 CoroCoro Jail Jormungand Infinity Cycle (Red Ver.)
- B-87 Random Booster Vol. 7 Maximum Garuda .8F.Fl - 08: Jail Jormungand 6Glaive Nothing
- Jormuntor J2’s basis has ties to Fenrir (Fengriff), Odin (Odax), and Ragnaruk (Roktavor), all of which have Energy Layers in the Burst System based upon them in Norse mythology.