- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Kerbeus (Hasbro).
Takara Tomy's Kerbeus is a circular shaped Energy Layer designed for Defense. Kerbeus' center, as the name states, depicts a 3-headed dog-like monster named Cerberus spitting flames. Two of the heads represented by the colored plastic underneath the transparent casing are located on one side, while the third is located on the opposite side. Theoretically, this would leave the Energy Layer unbalanced, but in reality the effect is so minuscule that it shouldn't be considered a fault in competitive play. Kerbeus' rim has 16 protrusions, with half of the protrusions being larger. In theory, this characteristic would grind the opponent's Layer, but in reality it has the reverse effect and that makes it prone to loss by Out-Spin and the uneven surface adds recoil. Kerbeus does, however, have decent Stamina and Defense abilities granted by its circular shape.
It was particularly hard to Burst and had a mostly balanced design but, due to the release of newer Energy Layers, Kerbeus has been overshadowed. These are reasons which add to this Energy Layer's position as now outclassed in all categories.
Takara Tomy's Kerbeus is a Layer that is great in theory, but does not execute as well in reality. Kerbeus was no doubt the first go-to Energy Layer for Defense and Stamina Combinations, being the 4th Energy Layer released in the first generation of Burst products. Since this first wave of releases though, better options have appeared, such as Odin. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Kerbeus has become too light to be competitive.
As such, Takara Tomy's Kerbeus is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-04 Kerbeus Central Defense
- B-07 Kerbeus Wing Fusion
- B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw - 04: Kerbeus Heavy Survive
- B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw - 08: Kerbeus Spread Accel
- BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 - 04: Kerbeus
- B-00 Kerbeus (Gold Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- Unlike most Energy Layers, Kerbeus did not receive a rename when the Beyblade Burst series was released by Hasbro.
- The Kerbeus Layer bears striking similarities to the Poison Metal Wheel in the Metal Fight Beyblade generation.