Phantazus P2, known as Psychic Phantom (サイキックファントム, Saikikku Fantomu) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. on November 12th, 2016. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Starter Pack Phantazus P2 Polish Edge.
Phantazus P2 is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features four waving blades, two of which have wisp-like skulls or spirits on either side like its namesake, phantoms.
Like Wyvron W2, Phantazus P2 seems to be round at first glance, but upon close inspection is actually square in shape. Each of the corners of this square shape and the wave-like design of each of the blades create points of recoil making it unsuitable for Stamina. The Takara Tomy release of Psychic Phantom has teeth akin to Wild Wyvern which leads to the downfall of this Layer. The teeth are so short that they are unable to withstand the recoil that comes with the square and wave shapes making Phantazus P2 incredibly prone to losses by Burst.
Psychic Phantom suffers from both a recoil producing shape and incredibly weak teeth, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Psychic Phantom is comparatively too light.
As such, Psychic Phantom is recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Phantazus P2 is virtually unchanged from Takara Tomy's Psychic Phantom with the same recoil inducing shape and weak Burst resistance.
As such, Phantazus P2 is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. - Psychic Phantom Polish Weight (smoke grey)
- B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern.4G.At - 05: Psychic Phantom 6Cross Spiral (translucent orange)
- BG-06 Random Layer Collection Vol. 6 - 04: Psychic Phantom (translucent red)
- B-00 Psychic Phantom (Saitama Seibu Lions Special Ver.)
- B-00 Psychic Phantom (Pacific League Hero Project Ver.)
- E1058 Phantazus P2 Polish Edge
- Phantazus P2's design bears a striking resemblance to both the Gemios Energy Ring and Evil/Killer Fusion Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade.