- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Phantazus P2.
Psychic Phantom (サイキックファントム, Saikikku Fantomu) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. on November 12th, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Psychic Phantom is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features four waving blades, two of which have wisp-like skulls or spirits on either side like its namesake, phantoms.
Like Wild Wyvern, Psychic Phantom seems to be round at first glance, but upon close inspection is actually square in shape. Each of the corners of this square shape and the wave-like design of each of the blades create points of recoil making it unsuitable for Stamina. Psychic Phantom has teeth akin to Wild Wyvern which leads to the downfall of this Layer. The teeth are so short that they are unable to withstand the recoil that comes with the square and wave shapes making Psychic Phantom incredibly prone to losses by Burst.
Takara Tomy's Psychic Phantom suffers from both a recoil producing shape and incredibly weak teeth, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Psychic Phantom is comparatively too light.
As such, Takara Tomy's Psychic Phantom is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. - Psychic Phantom Polish Weight (smoke grey)
- B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern.4G.At - 05: Psychic Phantom 6Cross Spiral (translucent orange)
- BG-06 Random Layer Collection Vol. 6 - 04: Psychic Phantom (translucent red)
- B-00 Psychic Phantom (Saitama Seibu Lions Special Ver.)
- B-00 Psychic Phantom (Pacific League Hero Project Ver.)
- Psychic Phantom's design bears a striking resemblance to both the Gemios Energy Ring and Evil/Killer Fusion Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade.