- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Roktavor R2.
Rising Ragnaruk (ライジングラグナルク, Raijingu Ragunaruku) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-36 Booster Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve on April 2nd, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Rising Ragnaruk is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features an elliptical shape akin to its predecessor Ragnaruk. Like its predecessor, the Layer's wings are molded into the visage of a head on either side, matching the anime's rendition of the Layer's beast; a winged demon. The placement of these wings is where the majority of the Layer's weight is, creating a high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Flywheel Effect which bolsters Rising Ragnaruk's Stamina. While this may imply high Stamina potential, these wings also make up the primary points of contact, creating a recoil heavy design that severely diminishes the Stamina benefits of its Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Flywheel Effect. While the high recoil of the elliptical shape and the wings may imply high Attack potential, Rising Ragnaruk features weak teeth that are unable to withstand the aforementioned recoil, meaning that this Layer is prone to losses by Burst.
Takara Tomy's Rising Ragnaruk is plagued with a recoil heavy design and low Burst Resistance, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle.
As such, Takara Tomy's Rising Ragnaruk is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-36 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (orange)
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 03: Rising Ragnaruk Knuckle Yielding (turquoise)
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 07: Rising Ragnaruk Boost Press (yellow green)
- B-00 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (Dark Blue Ver.)
- B-00 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (Dark Gold Ver.)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 04: Rising Ragnaruk (translucent green)