Roktavor R2, known as Rising Ragnaruk (ライジングラグナルク, Raijingu Ragunaruku) in Japan, is a Stamina Type Energy Layer released as a part of the Burst System as well as the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-36 Booster Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve on April 2nd, 2016 and later debuted in western countries with the release of the Starter Pack Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve.
Roktavor R2 is a Stamina Type Energy Layer that features an elliptical shape akin to its predecessor Roktavor. Like its predecessor, the Layer's wings are molded into the visage of a head on either side, matching the anime's rendition of the Layer's beast; a winged demon. The placement of these wings is where the majority of the Layer's weight is, creating a high Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect which bolsters Roktavor R2's Stamina. While this may imply high Stamina potential, these wings also make up the primary points of contact, creating a recoil heavy design that severely diminishes the Stamina benefits of its Outward Weight Distribution and Flywheel Effect. While the high recoil of the elliptical shape and the wings may imply high Attack potential, the Takara Tomy release of Rising Ragnaruk features weak teeth that are unable to withstand the aforementioned recoil, meaning that this Layer is prone to losses by Burst.
Rising Ragnaruk is plagued with a recoil heavy design and low Burst resistance, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle.
As such, Rising Ragnaruk is recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Roktavor R2 has slopes that give it greater Burst resistance than Takara Tomy's Rising Ragnaruk. Furthermore, one side of the Layer is further reinforced than the other, making it slightly unbalanced. While these features may imply greater Attack potential, the shallow blades have too little recoil and does not compare to other Layers such as Xcalius and Roktavor. In terms of Stamina, the recoil that does exist nullifies Stamina and does not compare to other Layers such as Kerbeus and Yegdrion.
As such, Roktavor R2 is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-36 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (orange)
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 03: Rising Ragnaruk Knuckle Yielding (turquoise)
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 07: Rising Ragnaruk Boost Press (yellow green)
- B-00 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (Dark Blue Ver.)
- B-00 Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve (Dark Gold Ver.)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 04: Rising Ragnaruk (translucent green)
- B9489 Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve
- C0596 Roktavor R2 & Xcalius Dual Pack - Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve
- C2272 Roktavor R2 Gravity Revolve
- E2757 Roktavor R2 Down Spiral