- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Spryzen S2.
Storm Spriggan (ストームスプリガン, Sutōmu Supurigan) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-35 Starter Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite on April 2nd, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Storm Spriggan is a rather elliptical Energy Layer, and somewhat resembles its predecessor, Spriggan. This Layer has two main contact points protruding from the under layer at the extremities of its oval, which are each followed by a similar-looking blade composed of the polycarbonate over layer and a square-shaped projection that also serves as a location for the screws. While such an aggressive design might indicate potential usefulness in Attack, the Energy Layer is made useless by its teeth, which are smaller than the teeth of Chaos, which are reputed to perform poorly. As the teeth on Storm Spriggan are completely unfit to manage the rotational recoil the aggressive shape of the Layer subjects them to during collisions, it Bursts itself very easily and should not be considered for use in competitive play.
Despite its aggressive design, Takara Tomy's Storm Spriggan suffers from having small teeth, causing it to incur Self-Bursts too easily.
As such, Takara Tomy's Storm Spriggan is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-35 Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 02: Storm Spriggan Boost Yielding
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 06: Storm Spriggan Limited Variable
- B-64 Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver. - Storm Spriggan Boost Impact
- B-00 Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite (Gunmetal Ver.) (G4 Prize)
- B-00 Wbba. Limited Layer Set - Storm Spriggan (Layer Set Ver.) (wbba. Store Exclusive)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 03: Storm Spriggan