- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Valtryek.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Valkyrie (ヴァルキリー, Varukirī) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System. It debuted in Japan in the DX Starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel on July 18th, 2015 and has been released multiple times since then. It was the first Energy Layer ever released.
Takara Tomy's Valkyrie features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point and a smaller kite-shaped contact point. The centre of the Energy Layer depicts an armored face, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them to represent this Layer's namesake, Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology known as Valkyries.
Due to its aggressive shape and the angles of the points of contact, Valkyrie was one of the best Layers for Attack Combinations, excelling in both Burst and Knock-Out Attack. Valkyrie features four teeth of tall length which allow it to withstand its own recoil, however, like other pre-Xcalibur Layers, the teeth of Valkyrie wear down with use and the Layer must be replaced with heavy use.
Use in Attack Combinations
Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination Valkyrie Gravity Xtreme. Valkyrie's strong Burst and Knock-Out Attack potential is bolstered by Heavy/Gravity's weight and Xtreme's speed while Gravity's greater Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) increases the speed of Xtreme. Valkyrie's unworn teeth are capable of withstanding the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs and high friction Tips.
Takara Tomy's Valkyrie was one of the best Energy Layers for Attack Combinations and remained as the best Attack Layer until the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System where it then became too light to remain competitive.
As such, Takara Tomy's Valkyrie is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-08 Beyblade Start Dash Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-13 Valkyrie Spread Survive
- B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw - 05: Valkyrie Central Fusion
- B-18 Beyblade VS Battle Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-24 Random Booster Vol. 2 Evil-eye Wing Needle - 08: Valkyrie Oval Needle
- B-29 Valkyrie Wing Accel Entry Package - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-101 Random Booster Vol. 9 Beat Kukulcan.7U.Hn - 03: Valkyrie 1Flow Edge
- B-00 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Black Knight Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Valkyrie (Gold Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Valkyrie (Platinum Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Valkyrie (Evil God Ver.) (wbba. Exclusive)
- BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 - 01: Valkyrie