|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Valtryek, known as Valkyrie (ヴァルキリー, Varukirī) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted in the DX Starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel on July 18th, 2015 and has been released multiple times since then. It is the first Energy Layer ever released.
The Valtryek Energy Layer features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point for a heavy attack, and a smaller kite-shaped contact point for a smaller unexpected attack. The Valtryek Energy Layer is modeled after Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology, known as Valkyries, and the wheel features a design to reflect this. The center of the wheel is designed after the Valkyries' helmet, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them.
The amazing teeth (on Valkyrie, the original release) and the extremely aggressive shape, make it one of the best, if not the best, energy layers for burst attack and burst defense in the metagame. The extremely tall teeth on Valtryek help it to provide burst finishes while avoiding its own recoil. These same teeth also suffer from severe wear issues. The teeth are not wider like dual layer teeth so they wear faster. This makes Valtryek only useful for a short amount of battles. It is still one of the most useful energy layers, however.
Because of Valtryek's aggressive contact points and strong teeth, it is one of the best energy layers in the metagame at the moment.
But, due to the severe teeth wear, every blader should own multiple of these layers.
- B-00 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Black Knight Ver.)
- B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-08 Beyblade Start Dash Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-13 Valkyrie Spread Survive
- B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw - 05: Valkyrie Central Fusion
- B-18 Beyblade VS Battle Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 - Valkyrie
- B-24 Random Booster Vol. 2 Evil-eye Wing Needle - 08: Valkyrie Oval Needle
- B-29 Valkyrie Wing Accel Entry Package
- CoroCoro Limited Burst Energy Layers (Gold)
- The Valtryek Energy Layer was the first Energy Layer to receive an upgraded Dual Energy Layer version, being released as Valtryek V2.