|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Valtryek, known as Valkyrie (ヴァルキリー, Varukirī) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted in the DX Starter B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel on July 18th, 2015 and has been released multiple times since then. It is the first Energy Layer ever released.
Valtryek features a tri-wing design, with each wing sporting a set of two protruding contact points; a larger contact point and a smaller kite-shaped contact point. The centre of the Energy Layer depicts an armored face, with feathers protruding off of the helmet, and a V-shape between them to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, Odin's handmaidens from Norse mythology known as Valkyries.
Due to its aggressive shape and the angles of the points of contact, Valtryek was one of the best layers for Attack Customization, excelling in both Burst and Knock-Out Attack. The Takara-Tomy release of Valkyrie features four teeth of tall length which allow it to withstand its own recoil, however, like other pre-Xcalibur Layers, the teeth of Valkyrie wear down with use and the Layer must be replaced with heavy use.
Use in Attack Combinations (Takara Tomy)
Valkyrie can be put to use in the Attack Combination Valkyrie Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. Valkyrie's strong Burst and Knock-Out Attack potential is bolstered by Heavy/Gravity's weight and Xtreme's speed while Gravity's greater Outward-Weight-Distribution increases the speed of Xtreme. Valkyrie's unworn teeth are capable of withstanding the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs and high friction Tips.
Valkyrie was one of the best Energy layers for Attack Combinations and remained as the best Attack Layer until the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System where it then became too light to remain competitive.
As such, Valkyrie is now recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
The Hasbro release of Valtryek is visually unchanged from its Takara Tomy counterpart, however the slopes of Valtryek are weaker than a mint Valkyrie's teeth, instead creating a performance akin to a moderately worn Valkyrie. As such, Valtryek is outclassed by, though still comparable to, Roktavor and Xcalius. However, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, this Layer is too light to remain competitive.
As such, Valtryek is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-00 Valkyrie Wing Accel (Black Knight Ver.)
- B-01 Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-08 Beyblade Start Dash Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- B-13 Valkyrie Spread Survive
- B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw - 05: Valkyrie Central Fusion
- B-18 Beyblade VS Battle Set - Valkyrie Wing Accel
- BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 - 01: Valkyrie
- B-24 Random Booster Vol. 2 Evil-eye Wing Needle - 08: Valkyrie Oval Needle
- B-29 Valkyrie Wing Accel Entry Package
- CoroCoro Limited Burst Energy Layers (Gold)
- B-101 Random Booster Vol. 9 Beat Kukulcan .7U.Hn - 03: Valkyrie 1Flow Edge
- B9492 Valtryek & Unicrest Dual Pack - Valtryek Wing Accel
- B9501 Valtryek Spread Survive
- C0709 Beylocker - Valtryek Wing Accel