- This article is about the Hasbro version. For the Takara Tomy version, see Energy Layer - Victory Valkyrie.
Valtryek V2 is an Energy Layer released by Hasbro as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in western countries with the release of the Starter Pack Valtryek V2 Boost Variable.
In-depth information for Hasbro’s Valtryek V2 Energy Layer will be placed here once drafting has been completed for it. Please be patient.
Hasbro's Valtryek V2 has two primary differences. The first is that the three wings are shaped somewhat differently. Unlike Takara Tomy's Victory Valkyrie, where the contact points of the wings are straight at an obtuse angle, the wings of Valtryek V2 curve inwards to create a hook like shape and the angle is steeper. This change in shape means Valtryek V2 enjoys an increase in Burst Attack, as the point of contact is more likely to catch the protrusions of opposing Energy Layers. The second is the plastic used. While Valtryek V2 has completely hollow wings like the first mold of its Takara Tomy counterpart, it features the center reinforcement ring of the third mold of its Takara Tomy counterpart, and the plastic used is softer, making it much more durable.
Overall, the well shaped contact points of Valtryek V2 make it a top-tier Energy Layer for Attack Combinations in the Burst Classic Format if Layers such as Roktavor are unavailable. However, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Valtryek V2 has become too light to remain competitive in the current metagame.
As such, Hasbro's Valtryek V2 is a must have for competitive bladers of the Burst Classic Format but is recommended for collection purposes otherwise.
- B9487 Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- B9498 Epic Rivals Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- C0706 Avatar Attack Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- C1513 Valtryek V2 Rip Fire Pack
- C3401 Apex Attack Pack - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- E1046 Valtryek V2 Limited Unite
- The red variant of Valtryek V2 that appears in the Apex Attack Pack has printed details that look similar to the B-49 variant of Victory Valkyrie.
- The black variant of Valtryek V2 that appears in the Valtryek V2 Limited Unite Single Pack has a more translucent mold of soft plastic, and has a color scheme that appears as a mix between that of the B-00 Special Limited and B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 variant of Victory Valkyrie.