Valtryek V2, known as Victory Valkyrie (ビクトリーヴァルキリー, Bikutorī Varukirī) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in the B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable on April 2nd, 2016, and has been released multiple times since then. It is the second Dual Layer released. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Starter Pack Valtryek V2 Boost Variable.
Like its predecessor Valtryek, Valtryek V2 has three upward slanted wings that excel at KOing opponents but the Layer falls behind its predecessor Valtryek at giving Bursts. Unlike Valkyrie's teeth, the teeth of Victory Valkyrie have no problem with wear due to them having greater width, following the model introduced with Xcalibur. The teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Self-Bursts which made this Layer an excellent choice for Attack Combinations.
There are three minor mold variations of Victory Valkyrie: the first mold had completely hollow wings which made it very fragile and prone to breaking; the second mold, introduced with the Rich Green Version, has added bars within the wings for reinforcement. However, despite these reinforcements, this Layer continued to suffer cases of breaks. The third, most recent mold, introduced in the B-64 Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver., includes a reinforced center ring along with the aforementioned bars within the wings, which not only addresses most of the breakage issues but also causes the part to weigh about half a gram more than its first mold variation. It is advised to find a third generation mold because of this increased weight and durability, though the first and second versions will suffice if one is prepared to replace them.
With Victory Valkyrie's strong teeth and aggressive shape, this Energy Layer is a Top-Tier part for Attack Combinations in the Burst Classic Format and made a great alternative to Valkyrie and Xcalibur if they were not available. However, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Victory Valkyrie is simply too light to remain competitive in the current metagame.
As such, Victory Valkyrie is a must have for competitive bladers of the Burst Classic Format but is recommended for collection purposes otherwise.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Valtryek V2 has two primary differences. The first is that the three wings are shaped somewhat differently. Unlike Takara Tomy's Victory Valkyrie, where the contact points of the wings are straight at an obtuse angle, the wings of Valtryek V2 curve inwards to create a hook like shape and the angle is steeper. This change in shape means Valtryek V2 enjoys an increase in Burst Attack, as the point of contact is more likely to catch the protrusions of opposing Energy Layers. The second is the plastic used. While Valtryek V2 has completely hollow wings like the first mold of its Takara Tomy counterpart, it features the center reinforcement ring of the third mold of its Takara Tomy counterpart, and the plastic used is softer, making it much more durable.
Overall, the well shaped contact points of Valtryek V2 make it a Top-Tier Energy Layer for Attack Combinations in the Burst Classic Format if Layers such as Roktavor are unavailable. However, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Valtryek V2 has become too light to remain competitive in the current metagame.
As such, Valtryek V2 is a must have for competitive bladers of the Burst Classic Format but is recommended for collection purposes otherwise.
- B-34 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Blue)
- B-38 Beyblade Burst Entry Set - Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Translucent Dark Blue)
- B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil.G.Y - 05: Victory Valkyrie Limited Unite (Blood Red)
- B-57 Triple Booster Set - Victory Valkyrie Upper Quake (Black)
- B-64 Beyblade Super Custom Set Heavy Ver. - Victory Valkyrie Triple Unite (Translucent Purple)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Flame Knight Ver.) (Red)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Kirin Limited Campaign Green Ver.) (Green)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (G1 Bronze Ver.)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (G1 Silver Ver.)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (G1 Gold Ver.)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable (Special Limited Ver.) (Black)
- B-00 Victory Valkyrie Bumper Assault (Legend God Bey Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Wbba. Limited Layer Set - Victory Valkyrie (Layer Set Ver.) (wbba. Store Exclusive)
- BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 - 03: Victory Valkyrie (Yellow)
- B9487 Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- B9498 Epic Rivals Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- C0706 Avatar Attack Battle Set - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- C3401 Apex Attack Pack - Valtryek V2 Boost Variable
- E1046 Valtryek V2 Limited Unite
- The red variant of Valtryek V2 that appears in the Apex Attack Pack has printed details that look similar to the B-49 variant of Victory Valkyrie.
- The black variant of Valtryek V2 that appears in the Valtryek V2 Limited Unite Single Pack has a more translucent mold of soft plastic, and has a color scheme that appears as a mix between that of the B-00 Special Limited and B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 variant of Victory Valkyrie.