- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Wyvron W2.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Wild Wyvern (ワイルドワイバーン, Wairudo Waibān) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the B-41 Booster Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit on April 29th, 2016.
Takara Tomy's Wild Wyvern is a Defense Type Layer that features eight blades that alternate between colored and clear plastic and the head of a dragon, meant to represent this Layer's namesake; the Wyvern, a two-legged winged dragon.
While Wild Wyvern may seem round and thus ideal for Defense at first glance, upon closer inspection it's actually square in shape. Each of the corners of this square shape create points of recoil that make it unsuitable for Defense Combinations. This problem is further exacerbated for Wild Wyvern, which has teeth akin to that of Chaos, which leads to the downfall of this Layer. The teeth are so short that they are unable to withstand the recoil that comes from the square shape, making Wild Wyvern severely prone to losses by Burst.
Takara Tomy's Wild Wyvern suffers from both a recoil producing shape and incredibly weak teeth, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Wild Wyvern is comparatively too light.
As such, Takara Tomy's Wild Wyvern is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-41 Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit (purple)
- B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P - 02: Wild Wyvern Jerk Gyro (red)
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. - Wild Wyvern Infinity Yielding (white)
- B-00 Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit (G4 Gold Ver.)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 02: Wild Wyvern (translucent black)