- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Wolborg (Hasbro).
Wolborg (ウルボーグ, Urubōgu) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of Beyblade's 15th Anniversary for the Burst System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-121 Cho-Z Triple Booster Set on August 11th, 2018.
Takara Tomy's Wolborg is a Burst System adaptation of the Reverse Wolf Attack Ring and Wolborg Bit Chip from the Original Series' Spin Gear System. As such it features an overall square/diamond shape with four wolf heads that act as the main contact points and an image of the Bit Beast Wolborg in the center. The only differences between this Layer and the original Attack Ring are that the wolf heads are more rounded, lack the gap in the blades, and are more compact, making the Layer somewhat smaller overall. The "Bit Chip" is non-removable.
Wolborg features three teeth of tall length. However, two factors leads to the downfall of this Layer despite its teeth; the Layer's shape and its weight. Furthermore, like other Original Series Layer adaptations, Wolborg is made from only a single layer of plastic and is very hollow which creates a light weight. Such weight generates little inertia, making this Layer very prone to Bursts.
Due to the shape and light weight of Takara Tomy's Wolborg, this Layer Self-Bursts too easily and thus outclassed by other Layers.
As such, Takara Tomy's Wolborg is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-121 Cho-Z Triple Booster Set - Wolborg 8 Bearing
- B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et - 08: Wolborg 0Expand Atomic
- B-00 Wolborg 8 Bearing (Blue Wolf Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 20th Anniversary Set - Wolborg 8 Bearing