|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Wyvron W2, known as Wild Wyvern (ワイルドワイバーン, Wairudo Waibān) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System and the Dual Layer System. It debuted with the B-41 Booster Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit on April 29th, 2016. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Wyvron W2 & Odax O2 Dual Pack.
Wyvron W2 is a Defense Type Layer that features eight blades that alternate between colored and clear plastic and the head of a dragon, meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake; the Wyvern, a two-legged winged dragon.
While Wyvron W2 may seem round and thus ideal for Defense at first glance, upon closer inspection it's actually square in shape. Each of the corners of this square shape create points of recoil that make it unsuitable for Defense Combinations. This problem is further exacerbated for the Takara Tomy release of Wild Wyvern, which has teeth akin to that of Chaos, which leads to the downfall of this Layer. The teeth are so short that they are unable to withstand the recoil that comes from the square shape, making Wild Wyvern severely prone to losses by Burst.
Wild Wyvern suffers from both a recoil producing shape and incredibly weak teeth, causing it to Burst far too easily in battle. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Wild Wyvern is comparatively too light.
As such, Wild Wyvern is recommended for collection purposes only.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Wyvron W2 has slopes that give it significantly more Burst resistance than Takara Tomy's Wild Wyvern. However the square shape still makes this Layer unsuitable for Defense and the Burst resistance lags behind other Layers such as Unicrest and Kerbeus K2.
As such, Wyvron W2 is also recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-41 Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit (purple)
- B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 Quad Quetzalcoatl.J.P - 02: Wild Wyvern Jerk Gyro (red)
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver. - Wild Wyvern Infinity Yielding (white)
- B-00 Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit (G4 Gold Ver.)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 02: Wild Wyvern (translucent black)
- C0599 Wyvron W2 & Odax O2 Dual Pack - Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive (Red)
- C0601 Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive (Purple)
- C2332 Wyvron W2 Vertical Massive (Emerald Green)
- E1064 Caynox & Wyvron W2 Dual Pack - Wyvron W2 Boost Jaggy