- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Xcalius.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Xcalibur (エクスカリバー, Ekusukaribā) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-23 Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme on December 26th, 2015.
Takara Tomy's Xcalibur is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large "X" in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Knock-Outs and Bursts. Xcalibur was the first Layer to have redesigned teeth in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Self-Bursts. However, Xcalibur's design makes it incredibly unbalanced which worsens its stamina and can break Banking Patterns.
Use in Attack Combinations
Xcalibur can be put to use in the Attack Combination Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. Xcalibur works best when paired with a quick and aggressive Performance Tip like Xtreme and the heavy weight of Heavy/Gravity adds to the Combination's momentum and striking power. Furthermore, the high friction of Xtreme resists Banking Pattern loss from Xcalibur's off balanced design.
Because of its strong teeth and aggressive shape, Takara Tomy's Xcalibur had become top-tier for Attack Combinations. Unlike other top-tier Attack Layers like Valkyrie, the redesigned teeth will not wear down with use. However, Xcalibur incurs Self-Bursts much more easily than Valkyrie, the off balanced design reduces stamina and is liable to breaking banking patterns. Furthermore, with the release of the SwitchStrike/God Layer System, Xcalibur is too light to stay competitive.
As such, Takara Tomy's Xcalibur is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-23 Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Translucent Red/Gold)
- B-00 Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Gold Ver.) (wbba. Store Exclusive)
- B-00 Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Saint Knight Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- B-00 Xcalibur (Extreme Inferno Ver.) (CoroCoro Exclusive)
- BG-04 Random Layer Collection Vol. 4 - 01: Xcalibur (Translucent Blue/Silver)
- While not listed as a Dual Layer, Xcalibur is constructed in an identical fashion to a Dual Layer.
- The Translucent Blue/Silver version of Xcalibur in the BG-04 Random Layer Collection is very fragile with numerous cases of the top portion of the sword breaking off.