- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Energy Layer - Z Achilles A4.
Z Achilles (ゼットアキレス, Zetto Akiresu) is an Energy Layer released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-105 Starter Z Achilles 11 Xtend on March 17th, 2018.
Takara Tomy's Z Achilles is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features four large blades, creating a high recoil, rectangular shape. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Z Achilles features metal in its design; in this case, concentrated on the wings.
The inclusion of metal improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst Resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of Z Achilles. The Layer's Attack potential is further improved as the metal is placed near the point of impact. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Z Achilles performs well in Attack Combinations.
Like many other Cho-Z Layers, Z Achilles is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.
However, the two blades situated on top and below the Layer are liable to denting and even chipping due to how far they protrude. While not enough to completely break Z Achilles, if one is fearful of possible performance changes or simply dislikes the damaged appearance, they may want to own multiple copies of this Layer.
Use in Attack Combinations
Z Achilles can be put to use in the Attack Combination Z Achilles 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Jolt. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor and the high speed of Xtreme/Jolt bolsters Z Achilles' Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth and weight can compensate for the increased Burst risk. Furthermore, Xtreme/Jolt's high friction resists banking pattern loss from Z Achilles' unbalanced nature.
As such, Takara Tomy's Z Achilles is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.
- B-105 Z Achilles 11 Xtend
- B-107 Beyblade Burst Cho-Z Battle Set - Z Achilles 11 Xtend
- B-111 Random Booster Vol. 10 Crash Ragnaruk.11R.Wd - 03: Z Achilles 4 Destroy
- B-121 Cho-Z Triple Booster Set - Z Achilles 3Dagger Destroy
- B-132 Random Booster Vol. 14 Driger Fang.0.Xt - 04: Z Achilles 13Turn Blow'
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (Ice Sword Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Bronze Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Silver Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Gold Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Guren Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Jet Black Ver.) (Bey Ticket Campaign)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Holy Sword Ver.)
- B-00 Cho-Z Remodeling Set - Z Achilles 11 Xtend (Cho-Z Remodeling Set Ver.)
- The Jet Black Ver. Z Achilles Energy Layer was obtained through a Bey Ticket Campaign in Japan. By participating in and winning special events, you could receive Bey Tickets which you could then redeem for prizes, like this Energy Layer recolor.