Z Achilles A4, known as Z Achilles (ゼットアキレス, Zetto Akiresu) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-105 Starter Z Achilles 11 Xtend on March 17th, 2018. It later debuted in western countries with the release of the Rail Rush Battle Set.
Z Achilles A4 is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features four large blades, creating a high recoil, rectangular shape. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Z Achilles features metal in its design; in this case, concentrated on the wings.
The inclusion of metal improves Attack Potential by increasing the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both KO and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Takara Tomy release of Z Achilles. The Layer's Attack potential is further improved as the metal is placed near the point of impact. Due to these factors and the shape of the blades, Z Achilles performs well in Attack Combinations.
Like many other Cho-Z Layers, Z Achilles is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.
However, the two blades situated on top and below the Layer are liable to denting and even chipping due to how far they protrude. While not enough to completely break Z Achilles, if one is fearful of possible performance changes or simply dislikes the damaged appearance, they may want to own multiple copies of this Layer.
Use in Attack Combinations
Z Achilles can be put to use in the Attack Combination Z Achilles 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Jolt. The heavy weight of 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor and the high speed of Xtreme/Jolt bolsters Z Achilles' Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth and weight can compensate for the increased Burst risk. Furthermore, Xtreme/Jolt's high friction resists banking pattern loss from Z Achilles' unbalanced nature.
As such, Z Achilles is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.
Differences in the Hasbro Version
Hasbro's Z Achilles A4, unlike Takara Tomy's Z Achilles, does not feature any metal, making it lighter than most SwitchStrike Layers, and features weakened slopes as well. As a result of this, Z Achilles A4 lags behind most SwitchStrike Layers such as Legend Spryzen S3 and Xcalius X3.
As such, Z Achilles A4 is recommended for collection purposes only.
- B-105 Z Achilles 11 Xtend
- B-107 Beyblade Burst Cho-Z Battle Set - Z Achilles 11 Xtend
- B-111 Random Booster Vol. 10 Crash Ragnaruk.11R.Wd - 03: Z Achilles 4 Destroy
- B-121 Cho-Z Triple Booster Set - Z Achilles 3Dagger Destroy
- B-132 Random Booster Vol. 14 Driger Fang.0.Xt - 04: Z Achilles 13Turn Blow'
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (Ice Sword Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Bronze Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Silver Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles 11 Xtend (G1 Gold Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Guren Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Dark Black Ver.)
- B-00 Z Achilles (Holy Sword Ver.)
- B-00 Cho-Z Remodeling Set - Z Achilles 11 Xtend (Cho-Z Remodeling Set Ver.)
- E3629 Rail Rush Battle Set - Z Achilles A4 11 Xtend-S
- E4728 Z Achilles A4 11 Xtend-S
- E4738 Z Achilles A4 8 Prevail-S
- E5951 Z Achilles A4 Rip Fire Pack