Fang Leone 130W2D (ファングレオーネ130W²D, Fangu Reōne 130W²D) is a Defense Type Beyblade that appears in the anime and manga series Beyblade: Metal Fury. It is Kyoya Tategami's third Beyblade in the manga, and the second in the anime, replacing Rock Leone 145WB. It was released on March 26th, 2011 in Japan, and later in western countries in July 2014 as part of the Beyblade Legends line.
Face Bolt - Leone II
- Main article: Face Bolt - Leone II
The Leone II Face Bolt depicts "Leo", one of the 88 constellations and the fifth astrological sign in the Zodiac. The letters "L", "E", "O" of Leone I have been replaced with Leo's paw, with a white star on the paw representing Regulus, the brightest object in the Leo constellation. Like Leone I, Leo appears to be wearing a crown. The version included with Fang Leone W105R²F (Burning Claw Ver.) appears to have an inflamed paw.
Energy Ring - Leone II
- Main article: Energy Ring - Leone II
The Leone II Energy Ring resembles Leone I, with its bulky armor-like designs. However, there is now a trapezium-like design with squares and screw motifs, making the Energy Ring appear more sturdier. Takara Tomy classified Leone II as a "4D Clear Wheel" due to trace amounts of iron dust in its Takara Tomy release, which was advertised as increasing the weight of the Energy Ring. However, despite these metal fillings, Leone II is a similar weight to Leone I, thus its performance is the same.
Fusion Wheel - Fang
- Main article: Fusion Wheel - Fang
Fang is a 4D Metal Wheel that is comprised of a Metal Frame and Core. It consists of six protrusions of alternating widths, with one being wide, and the other being narrow and square. Fang has a mode change gimmick, where the Metal Frame can be flipped to change modes. The two modes are Defense Mode and Counter Mode. in Defense Mode the hollow side of the Metal Frame faces downwards, and the contact points are rounded. In Counter Mode, the hollow side faces up, revealing claws. The high recoil and Smash Attack makes Fang most useful in Attack Type combinations
Spin Track - 130
- Main article: Spin Track - 130
130 is a Spin Track of medium height, primarily used for Defense Type combos. It is a basic all-around Spin Track that also has uses in Attack and Stamina Type combinations. The 130 height is also found in Spin Tracks like Shield 130 (S130) and Wing Attack 130 (WA130).
Performance Tip - Wave Wide Defense
- Main article: Performance Tip - Wave Wide Defense
Wave Wide Defense (W2D) is an upgrade of Wide Defense (WD). Wave Wide Defense has a flat surface, with a spike in the center. However, compared to Wide Defense, Wave Wide Defense has worse balance, instead relying on the flat surface to counterattack. Eventually, the spike will wear out over time, making the Performance Tip much more aggressive.
- Fang Leone 130W²D Deep Blue Ver. - Obtained by defeating Prototype Nemesis in the Ultimate Bey Ta arcade machine at the Asian Championship 2011 (Black and blue Fang 4D Metal Wheel and Blue Leone II Clear Wheel)
- Fang Leone 130W²D Black Ver. - Black variant that came with the Pegasis Leone Rev-Up Launcher VS Set, Hong Kong limited
- Fang Leone 130W²D - Legend Beyblade Set (Yellow Clear Wheel, gold Metal Wheel, gold 130 Track and W²D Bottom)
- Fang Leone W105R²F Burning Claw Ver. - A red version of Fang Leone that comes with W105R2F, released in limited quantities in Japan and the rest of Asia at stores with Bey Ta machines
- This is the second 4D Beyblade shown in the anime, the first being Cosmic Pegasus F:D.
- It is awakened/evolved at the same time as Pegasus during their fierce battle.
- Kyoya rarely used Leone's Defense Mode, preferring to use Counter Mode.
- Also, Fang Leone is the second bey in the anime to have Counter Mode, first being Gravity Destroyer AD145WD.
- Fang Leone 130W2D is the first Beyblade with the W2D Performance Tip, the second being Spiral Fox TR145W2D and the third being Divine Fox 90W2D.
- Fang Leone is the only Legendary Bey that is based off on a real-life animal (Lion) and also a zodiac sign while all the other Legendary Beys are based on mythological beasts.