- This article is about Hasbro's QuadDrive version. For the Takara Tomy version, see Forge Disc - Giga.
Hasbro's Giga-Q is a symmetrical, octagon-shaped QD Disc based on Takara Tomy's Giga. It retains the same diameter and general shape as its Takara Tomy counterpart, but is thinner overall with a hollowed out underside; it is consequently about 8 grams lighter. Its weight is comparable to the likes of the Core Discs 0 and 00; however the aforementioned Core Discs can facilitate Disc Frames, which can increase their weight further, while Giga-Q cannot. As Giga-Q is purely a weaker version of Giga, there is no reason to use Giga-Q over the latter.
While Giga-Q preserves the same qualities as the original Giga, its lighter weight make it overall inferior.As such, Giga-Q is recommended for collection purposes only.
Giga-Q is versatile due to its heavy weight. While it is outclassed by options with higher Life-After-Death (LAD) such as Tapered-Q or Hasbro's Wheel, Giga-Q is still a viable choice when the aforementioned Discs are unavailable.As such, Giga-Q is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.
Giga-Q is not legal in the WBO's Burst Classic Format.As such, Giga-Q is recommended for collection purposes only.
- F3320 Cyclone Fury String Launcher Set - Cyclone Roktavor R7 Giga-Q Assault-Q+Never-6
- F3335 Galaxy Orbit Battle Set - Vanish Cobra C7 Giga-Q Xtend+-Q+A03-3
- F3965 Cyclone Belfyre B7 & Berserk Balderov B7 Dual Pack - Berserk Balderov B7 Giga-Q Massive-Q+Wave-G07
- F4071 Roar Balkesh B7 Giga-Q Edge-Q+Moment-10
- F4490 Stone Balderov B7 & Roar Balkesh B7 Dual Pack - Roar Balkesh B7 Giga-Q Gyro-Q+Drift-G12
- F4751 Sonic Warp 3-Pack - Roar Balkesh B7 Giga-Q Edge-Q+Moment-10