- This article is about the Takara Tomy version. For the Hasbro version, see Forge Disc - Zenith (Hasbro).
Zenith (ゼニス, Zenisu) is a Forge Disc released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-127 Starter Cho-Z Valkyrie Zenith Evolution on November 17th, 2018.
Takara Tomy's Zenith, like Magnum, Jerk and Polish, is a Forge Disc made up of a metal core and plastic perimeter making up the gimmick of the Disc. Unlike the aforementioned Discs however, Zenith uses a different metal core with three blades in the shape of "Z"s.
For Zenith's gimmick, the plastic houses rubber sections, meant to increase recoil and increase Attack potential during Disc-to-Layer contact. However, due to most Burst Performance Tips being of similar heights, such contact is rare. Furthermore, if such contact does occur, the rubber is liable to act as brakes, slowing the Zenith Combination down. Additionally, because the rubber extends to the underside of the Disc, which when combined with Zenith's rough perimeter, any Life-After-Death potential is nullified.
Despite the non-functioning gimmick, Zenith's metal core is significantly heavier than that of Magnum, Jerk and Polish, with weight comparable to commonly used Core Discs with Frames. Furthermore, the triangular design of the metal synergizes with the Valkyrie series of Layers, significantly increasing their Attack potential without negatively effecting balance.
Takara Tomy's Zenith's heavy weight and weight distribution makes it one of the best Discs to pair with a Valkyrie series Layer, specifically Cho-Z Valkyrie. However, that same weight distribution, as well as the rubber pieces, reduces Zenith's versatility as well.
As such, Takara Tomy's Zenith is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection. However, if one prefers to use Cho-Z Valkyrie, Zenith will become a must have.
- B-127 Cho-Z Valkyrie Zenith Evolution
- B-140 Random Booster Vol. 15 Cosmo Valkyrie.11.Et Ten - 07: Buster Xcalibur Zenith Absorb (White, Red Rubber)
- B-151 Random Booster Vol. 17 Tact Longinus.12E.T' Sou - 04: Rock Joker Zenith Eternal Sou (Orange, Yellow Rubber)
- B-00 Cho-Z Valkyrie Zenith Evolution (Red Knight Ver.)
- B-00 Grand Valkyrie Zenith Hold' Ten (GIANTS Ver.) (wbba. Store Exclusive)
- B-00 Judgement Valkyrie Zenith Quake' Go (CoroCoro Exclusive (Blue, Yellow Rubber)