|“||You don’t get stronger by accepting how everyone else does things. You get stronger by finding your own path. That’s how champions are made.||”|
Free De La Hoya (フリー・デラホーヤ, Furī Derahōya) is a character appearing in the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Evolution. He was initially the leader of Spanish team BC Sol until he left and became a member of the American team, the Raging Bulls. He eventually returned to Spain and rejoined BC Sol. Currently, he's a member of the Big Five. He was the world's number 1 Blader until Episode 50 of Evolution, when he forfeits his match with Valt Aoi due to a sprain in his right arm and is eliminated from the International Bladers Cup.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Beyblades
- 5 Beybattles
- 6 Official Descriptions
- 7 Anime Appearances
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Trivia
- 12 References
Free has a fair complexion, and spiked and messy blond hair with a red streak running through it. His eyes are black with dark-gray rings and his pupils are barely visible.
In Evolution, Free's attire reflects his lack of appearance: a loose yellow tank-top a long, dark-teal gauntlet fastened with a brown belt and golden buckle on his left arm, light brown-jeans with a brown belt and a gold buckle, and dark brown dress shoes.
In Turbo, Free grows taller and retains his light-brown pants, but he wears a yellow shirt with turquoise stripes on the shoulder straps, borders of the shoulders and neck, and down the left side of the shirt, the right shoulder strap is separated into two: a horizontal one and a vertical one fastened with a silver button, a brown belt with a white stripe and golden rectangular buckle, his shoes have been replaced with blue boots with loose tongues, red stripes, and white soles, and his dark-teal long gauntlet now has a fingerless glove over his left hand.
In Surge, Free wears his loose yellow shirt from Evolution, a red sash, a gamboge-orange kilt with stiches, baggy light-brown pants, blue boots with red markings, and retains his gauntlet from Turbo.
When he gets serious in a Beyblade battle, Free's eyes glow a bright gold color and veins bulge out of his skin; his muscles also grow slightly after the International Blader's Cup.
Free's very hard-working, but also lazy and carefree at times. Because of this, he doesn't do much of anything in Bey battles. Free also doesn't use his launcher against the other members of BC Sol very often, preferring to spin his Bey with his hand; although he uses his launcher when facing skilled bladers.
As the strongest blader in the world (before Valt and Lui), he's well-versed in the strengths and weaknesses of Beyblades. This is shown when he points out what Berserk Roktavor is capable of doing, and suggests ways to improve Rantaro Kiyama's skills. Free is often seen with a bored expression and his head slightly tilted to the left, and appears uninterested in most things since he's the most powerful blader and doesn't see them as challenging. He's very popular among other bladers due to his skills.
In his spare time, Free often sits around throwing his beyblade up and catching it, or training in an old bey stadium in the forest with a deer nearby. He has a noticeable fondness for animals, as he smiles more often when he spots the deer curiously watching him. He also noticeably smiles more later on in the series.
Free is noticeably more fit and athletic than the other members of BC Sol, as he's able to do 100 sprints without breaking into a sweat and can move a large boulder with a rope.
It is noted by Rantaro Kiyama and Valt Aoi that occasionally Free can be rude and/or sarcastic, ignoring what his teammates are saying or throwing slight insults towards his opponents. He also doesn't care about being late to important events. When he doesn't find anyone or anything worthy of his time, Free's not afraid of simply leaving, even if he is team captain.
Free is shown to have never shaken hands with anyone until his battle with Shasa Guten, showing how his attitude about blading is slowly changing. This may be because his loss to Lui Shirosagi made him realize the importance of treating other bladers with respect.
Free is shown to train very hard to have a stronger launch and fight more fiercely. In his battle with Valt he pushes himself to get enough strength to battle at full power. However, he uses too much energy, and ends up injuring himself, making Kristina pick up Fafnir due to the pain in his right arm which was later plastered.
Free appears in episode 2, watching over Valt, Rantaro, and the rest of BC Sol for their recruitment and practice selection for the upcoming World League. In episode 3, he battles Valt and Rantaro, easily defeating them with Drain Spin, his special move that absorbs their attacks. He later defeats the rest of BC Sol.
In episode 34, he battles Silas in the third round. At first, he's stunned when Silas nullifies Drain Spin, but relaxes once Fafnir's layers are slowly damaging Satomb and wins with a Burst Finish. Lui shows up, exciting his battle aura from the stands. He offers to battle for the Raging Bulls again after Valt defeats Joshua in the fourth match. Joshua's attempts to be in the fifth round slowly enrages him and he randomly tries to pick himself before Joshua pushes him to the side. In episode 35, he's considerably angry with Joshua for losing the match and leaves the Raging Bulls.
In episode 37, he battles Lui again. The two tie six times. In the seventh match, Lui's Dragon Crash eventually overwhelms Fafnir, causing a Burst Finish and as a result, Free suffers his first ever defeat in the series.
In episode 38, he returns to BC Sol after losing to Lui after Trad conveniently shows the group the battle footage of his seven battles against him. However, an angry Shasa calls him out for leaving the team after he lost with the Raging Bulls. The rest of BC Sol's antics end up causing him to exit before he can get involved. At his training spot, he catches Valt practicing and offers to be his partner. Naturally Valt accepts but Free easily wins. However, the training helped shape Genesis Valtyrek's tip, and Valt thanks Free, who is genuinely flabbergasted by Valt's actions. The next day, Shasa finds him and continues to ask him about leaving BC Sol and coming back. Free then challenges Shasa to a battle, and all of BC Sol is shocked (Free has never asked anyone to battle before). Shasa accepts, but keeps on losing, however demands rematch after rematch. Inspired by her dedication, Free advises her to improve her launch skill. It works, and her Gaianon G2 is able to last longer against his Drain Fafnir before she loses again. This time, she thanks him and offers a handshake. Valt steps him to guide him, but Free's inability to understand has the rest of his teammates facefaulting and then laughing. Happy, he places a earnest smile. Afterwards, he hides in Kris' office as the rest of BC Sol search for him.
In episode 41, he enters the International Blader's Cup. Offscreen, he defeats Ren Wu 2-0 and in episode 43 he faces off against Joshua, his former teammate. Joshua uses a new special move to counter Free's Drain Spin, shocking him as his bey runs out of stamina. However, Joshua's overconfidence spikes in the next match, but an uninterested Free watches as Fafnir survives Joshua's Cyclone Counter and causes a Burst Finish instead. After defeating Xander and Silas, Free faces off against Lui again. This time, he defeats Lui and reclaims his title as the Number 1 Blader.
In the semi-finals, Free faces Valt and claims the lead. However, all the training he did and the power he used put too much strain on his right arm and he was forced to forfeit the match due to his injuries. After this, Free spends the rest of the Tournament helping Valt's friends train him for the final battle against Shu.
Free appears in the 25th episode with his new Turbo Bey, Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb, which he created with Raul Comas. In this time, he was shown battling Valt in a flashback and he also meets Aiger Akabane, who also ran into his deer, and defeats him in two beybattles. When Valt builds a new Turbo Beyblade to replace the one Aiger destroyed, Free helped him master it.
In episode 43, during his match with Phi, his bey was broken by the latter's dark power. He was unable to believe it and became angry and upset.
Free is not a main character in Rise. However, he did appear in a flashback where it was revealed that he and his Geist Fafnir inspired Fumiya Kindo to create his Wizard Fafnir Bey. It is possible that since Free is holding Geist Fafnir in the flashback, means that he possibly got it repaired.
In episode eight of Surge, Free returns with his brand new Bey. He was inspired to create a Superking Bey after losing to a rookie Blader during a visit to New York. Determined to bounce back, Free returned to Spain and created Mirage Fafnir Nothing 2S to reach new heights and prepare for a rematch against that Blader.
While training at his usual spot, he is accosted by Hyuga and Hikaru, who both demand a battle. He ignores them until Valt and Rantaro arrive and witness his new Bey's power. Free then battles Rantaro to show off Fafnir's power and scores a point. The battle is interrupted by Hyuga and Hikaru clamoring for a battle again. Free brushes them off until Valt vouches for them, so he agrees to a two-on-one match. The two brothers fair poorly against Fafnir, but when they attack him as one, he has a vision of the blader he lost to. That moves him to get serious, so he overpowers their combined might and wins with a Burst Finish.
In episode nine, Free watches over the two boys as they try to mimic his training regiment. When he finishes training, he gives them both a chance to battle one-on-one, starting with Hikaru. He plays along when Hikaru forces a stamina battle, but is surprised when King Helios manages to outlast Fafnir. However, Free was testing Hikaru, so he battles in the next round using Fafnir's new Counter Mode and wins the match with a burst.
In episode ten, Free battles Hyuga and takes advantage of the young Blader's reckless battle style to cause a Slow Motion Burst Finish. He then tries to leave, but Rantaro pleads for him to give Hyuga another chance and he agrees to a rematch. This time, Hyuga's strong resonance causes Free to have a vision that makes him lose his composure. Hyuga and Hyperion manage to hold their own until he unleashes his special move to win with another Burst Finish.
During episode eleven, Valt proposes a tag battle to which he agrees. Free and Hyuga face off against Valt and Hikaru; he easily defeats Hikaru with a single strike. With Hyuga burst by Valt, only Free and Valt remain. The first match ends in a draw between the two bladers. In round two, after Hikaru resonates with Helios, Free goes head to head with the young blader. When Hikaru begins to falter in their clash, Valt intervenes with Brave Sword, ending the match.
In episode seventeen, Free's first meeting with Lean Walhalla is shown. During his trip to New York, Free was asked to battle Lean by Shu, who was hoping battling a Legendary Blader would change his student's violent approach to Beyblade. Unfortunately, Free lost to Lean's overwhelming power, and the rookie would learn nothing from the match.
- Drain Fafnir 8 Nothing: Free's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Evolution.
- Geist Fafnir 8'Absorb: Free's initial Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Turbo before being fitted with the Proof Disc Frame.
- Geist Fafnir 8'Proof Absorb: Free's primary Beyblade in Turbo with the Proof Disc Frame added until it was destroyed by Phi. It was repaired at some point before his match with the new blader in New York in Burst Surge.
- Mirage Fafnir Nothing 2S: Free's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Surge.
- Hand Launch: Free launches Fafnir with his hand allowing Fafnir to spin steal.
- Drain Spin: Drain Fafnir takes the opponent's attack and absorbs it with its rubber on its Energy Layer, giving it more speed and power while damaging the opponent.
- Nothing Break: Drain Fafnir launches with so much power that the down-force generated causes Fafnir to stick to the center of the stadium and deflect attacks. The down-force causes the base of the Nothing Performance Tip to push in, eventually making the base flat and giving Fafnir a big boost of speed and power to attack with serious force.
- Geist Spin: Geist Fafnir uses the power it drained from its opponent or the power of Free's launch to retract the rubber blades, becoming a circle to create a tornado to counterattack.
- Geist Claw: Geist Fafnir uses the speed from the Absorb Performance Tip and the metal on its Energy Layer to rip at the opponent with a powerful claw.
- Absorb Break: Using the power from an opponent's attack and its own spin power, Fafnir's Absorb Performance Tip pushes all the way down to increase its speed for a powerful attack.
- Geist Counter: Fafnir falls on the floor of the Beystadium and uses its Proof Disc Frame to balance itself and drift around to increase speed and power to counterattack.
- Sparking Shoot:
- Unnamed Spin: Mirage Fafnir absorbs the opponent's attack with the rubber on the Mirage Ring, giving it more speed and power while damaging the opponent.
- Mirage Claw: Mirage Fafnir uses the speed from the Nothing driver and the Mirage Ring to rip at the opposing Beyblade with a powerful claw-style swipe, leaving a black after image shadow.
|Beyblade Burst Evolution|
|Valt Aoi||03||Win (1-0)|
|Rantaro Kiyama||03||Win (1-0)|
|Rest of BC Sol||03||Win|
|Silas Karlisle||05||Win (2-0)|
|Cuza Ackermann||09||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||10||Win (2-0)|
|Kristina Kuroda||20||Win (Flashback)|
|Daigo Kurogami||31||Win (2-0)|
|Silas Karlisle||35||Win (2-0)|
|Shu Kurenai||36||Win (Flashback) (2-0)|
|Lui Shirosagi||37||Lose (0-2)|
|Ren Wu Sun||42||Win (2-0)|
|Joshua Burns||43||Win (2-1)|
|Silas Karlisle||44||Win (2-0)|
|Xander Shakadera||45||Win (2-0)|
|Lui Shirosagi||46-47||Win (3-1)|
|Valt Aoi||49-50||Lose (2-1) (Forfeit Because of Injury)|
|Beyblade Burst Turbo|
|Valt Aoi||25 (Flashback)||N/A|
|Aiger Akabane||25||Win (3-0)|
|Aiger Akabane||25||Win (2-0)|
|Kyle Hakim||31||Win (3-0)|
|Valt Aoi||32||Win (x4)|
|Beyblade Burst Surge|
|Rantaro Kiyama||04||Win (1-0)|
|Hikaru Asahi and Hyuga Asahi||04||Win (4-0)|
|Hikaru Asahi||05||Win (2-1)|
|Hyuga Asahi||05||Win (2-0)|
|Hikaru Asahi & Valt Aoi (with Hyuga Asahi)||06||Lose (0-3)|
|Lean Walhalla (flashback)||09||Lose|
|Aiger Akabane, Valt Aoi, Rantaro Kiyama & Hyuga Asahi (Battle Royale)||11||Lose (0-4)|
|Rantaro Kiyama & Silas Karlisle (with Valt Aoi)||12||Win (3-2)|
|Valt Aoi & Hyuga Asahi (with Lui Shirosagi)||14||Lose (0-2)|
Number one Blader in the world, Free De La Hoya is a Blader for the Raging Bulls after transferring from the team where his career began, BC Sol. He often claims that battling is only fun when you win; lucky for him, he always does.
As one of the world’s top Bladers, Free regards Valt Aoi as both a rival and teammate at BC Sol. He improves his mental and physical strength by reaping the benefits of meditative training. Because of his genius, Free walks a lonely road, still believing enjoyment comes only from victory.
- Episode 02 - Fightning Spirit! Berserk Roktavor!
- Episode 03 - Drain Fafnir! Winding Up!
- Episode 05 - Surprise Attack! Kinetic Satomb!
- Episode 06 - Squad Shake Up!
- Episode 08 - Season Opener! European League!
- Episode 09 - Alter Cognite! The Shape Shifter!
- Episode 10 - Free to Launch!
- Episode 11 - BC Sol! A Team Divided!
- Episode 20 - New Teammates! New Rivals! (flashback)
- Episode 24 - World League! Setting The Stage!
- Episode 28 - Vampire! Deep Caynox!
- Episode 30 - Collision Course! To The Finals!
- Episode 31 - Big 5! Breaking Through!
- Episode 32 - Unrivaled! Triple Saber!
- Episode 33 - The World League Final!
- Episode 34 - Full Power! Spring Attack!
- Episode 35 - To The Podium!
- Episode 36 - Lúinor vs. Spryzen!
- Episode 37 - Challenge of Champions!
- Episode 38 - Requiem Project! Spryzen Unleashed!
- Episode 39 - Emperor of The Underground!
- Episode 40 - Bow Down! Boom Khalzar!
- Episode 41 - Colossus Hammer! Twin Noctemis!
- Episode 42 - BC Sol Scorcher!
- Episode 43 - White Hot Rivals!
- Episode 44 - Epic Evolution! Strike Valtryek!
- Episode 45 - Spryzen the Destroyer!
- Episode 46 - No Limits! Free vs. Lui!
- Episode 47 - Full Force Charging Up!
- Episode 48 - Teamwork! To The Semi-Finals!
- Episode 49 - The Fierce Four!
- Episode 50 - Breaking Point! Bursting Through!
- Episode 51 - A Champion is Crowned!
- Episode 25 - Super Dragon! Geist Fafnir!
- Episode 27 - Road to Glory!
- Episode 28 - Valt Vs. Aiger!
- Episode 29 - Dark Prince! Dread Hades!
- Episode 31 - Rebirth! Turbo Valtryek!
- Episode 32 - Dread Tower! The Dark Citadel!
- Episode 36 - The Darkness Within!
- Episode 39 - Aiger's Rematch! Unbreakable Bond!
- Episode 40 - Master of The Wind! Air Knight! (flashback)
- Episode 41 - Hyde vs. Phi!
- Episode 42 - Battle Royale! Beyblade Heroes!
- Episode 43 - Lord of Destruction! Dread Phoenix!
- Episode 44 - Turbo Training! Xavier's Kingdom!
- Episode 47 - Spirit of Flame vs. Lord of Destruction!
- Episode 49 - Aiger vs. Phi!
- Episode 50 - Aiger's Turbo Resonance!
- Episode 51 - Bonding! Aiger vs. Valt!
- Episode 12 - Spin! Advance! Survive! (Flashback)
- Episode 04 - Hear the Voice in Your Bey!/Meet the Monster: Free De La Hoya!
- Episode 05 - Phantom Dragon! Mirage Fafnir!/Attack Not Good!? Attack Not Good!!
- Episode 06 - Dream Tag Battle!/Shirasagijo x The Mythological Island of Demons!
- Episode 09 - Heaven!? Hell!!/GT is Here! (flashback)
- Episode 10 - Storm! Tempest Dragon!/Flare of Tyranny: Lean!
- Episode 11 - The Great Revolution! Legend Festival!/Super Z! Infinite Achilles!
- Episode 12 - Hyuga & Lean vs. Hikaru & Aiga!/A God Battle of Friendship!
- Episode 13 - A Tag Battle Among Men!/GT vs. Super Z!
- Episode 14 - Win and Go Forth, Zoom Zoom Zoom!/Strongest and Unbeatable vs. The New Generation!
As kids, Kristina and Free were close to each other. They always used to battle each other when they were kids. Kristina always cared about Free, and they had a positive relationship. An example of this is when Free had injured himself and Kristina helped him retrieve his Bey, showing how she worries about his health.
Free never thought much of Valt when they first met. Kristina explained how he held his own against Lui Shirosagi in the final battle of the Individual Tournament, but Free explained: "a loss is a loss in my book". However, after seeing Valt's Spring Attack, Free noticed that Valt wasn't as bad as he thought. The two remained on good terms with each other since then; and before leaving to join the Raging Bulls, Free gave Valt permission to use his special bey stadium hidden in the forest. It was later revealed that Free believed Valt had the potential to make BC Sol a better team, which was one of the reasons why he left.
Towards the end of season 2, when he was forced to forfeit their match in the International Blader's Cup due to injury, Free admitted to Valt that even though he lost, he still had fun, having finally understood what he meant.
In Beyblade Burst Turbo, Free and Valt are still on good terms with one another, evidenced by when Free warned him about Aiger Akabane's possessed behavior, and later offered to help Valt master his new Turbo Valtryek V3 Zenith Evolution Bey. Valt later attempted to avenge Free after his Geist Fafnir was destroyed by Phi in a battle.
When Free and Joshua met, they were good friends. They were also on the same team and remained on good terms. However, when Joshua lost to Silas Karlisle and then Valt Aoi, Free was disappointed and left the team. When they battled, later on, Joshua's new move, Guard Twist stopped Free's Drain Spin, much to Free's shock. However, Joshua was overconfident and lost the battle.
Silas had the most potential of beating Free but never won. Free also noticed Silas's skills and thought he was a good blader. After the International Blader's Cup, Silas was promoted to the Big Five, along with Free, Valt, Lui, and Shu Kurenai. Silas has gone as far as reverse spin steal to beat him.
Free had never shaken hands with anyone until Shasa Guten. When Shasa called him out for abandoning his teammates, Free demanded a battle with her. Although Shasa lost, Free congratulated her and shook hands with her. He fixed her launch skills as well. It is also revealed that Free was the one who observed Shasa's match against the Royals in the World League. When Free had to forfeit his match with Valt in the International Blader's Cup due to injury, Shasa pointed out that she and the others were concerned about him and that he's their friend. Free was touched by their words and apologized for making them worry.
Both bladers share a long rivalry between them. After Free lost to Lui, he worked hard so he could get his revenge, ultimately beating him at the end of the Individual Tournament. He was shocked after losing to him, as it meant he was weaker than Lui. However, this loss also helped Free learn to take his opponents seriously in the future.
Shu and Free initially did not interact much until Free joined the Raging Bulls. Shu called out Free for leaving BC Sol, thinking he was disloyal. Later on, Shu and Free battled each other, which ended with Free as the victor. Free then told Shu he would never beat him with his (Shu's) current strength. This caused Shu, who was still reeling from his previous losses to Lui and the guilt of his broken pact with Valt, to become even more desperate for power and become the Blader known as Red Eye. As Shu grows stronger after the World League, Free grows interested in battling him. Despite having never gotten the chance to do so in the International Blader's Cup (as he was forced to forfeit his match with Valt due to injuring his arm), he was happy to see Valt win against Shu and bring back his best friend in the final battle.
In Turbo, Shu and Free do not directly interact with one another. However, both have been observed watching the other battle against Phi. When Shu witnessed Free's Geist Fafnir's destruction, this motivated him to train harder and become stronger, knowing he would be Phi's next target.
While Free has never met or interacted with Fumiya, he is stated to have inspired him to create his Wizard Fafnir Bey after seeing him on TV with Geist Fafnir.
During a trip to New York, Free was beaten in a battle by Lean. Determined to defeat him in a rematch, Free created Mirage Fafnir to prepare for that battle. Lean's victory over him also left Free greatly disturbed, so much so that his laid-back demeanor falters when he is reminded of him. Beyond this, the two have yet to interact.
- "A loss is a loss in my book." - Free to Kristina Kuroda
- "Let's be honest. If I use my launcher, the battle wouldn't last that long."
- "Hey, fun stuff." - Free to Valt Aoi
- "I see you're having fun." - Free to Valt Aoi
- "The real fun is when you win." - Free to Valt Aoi
- "You are very bad at sneaking." - Free to Silas Karlisle
- "Spread your wings, Fafnir."
- "This is over."
- "Can't you hear your bey?... It's asking you to free it." - Free to Valt Aoi
- "I fly solo, but I might consider having a wingman." - Free to Joshua Burns
- "You finally decided to show up." - Free to Lui Shirosagi
- "NOTHING BREAK!”
- "'If' you beat me." - Free to Heinrich
- “Great effort but keep studying, A-minus.” - Free during a battle with Silas Karlisle
- "I'm absorbing your power and finally putting to good use." - Free to Silas
- “You don’t get stronger by accepting how everyone else does things. You get stronger by finding your own path. That’s how champions are made.” - Free to Valt Aoi in Beyblade Burst Evolution - Episode 46
- "Just as I thought. You're dangerous." -witnessing Aiger's dark resonance for the first time.
- "ABSORB BREAK!"
For a full gallery of images of Free, see Free De La Hoya/Gallery.
- His birthday is on Remembrance Day, likely a reference to how he is often quiet.
- He is the first character to own a bey from Beyblade Burst Evolution that doesn't have a Disc Frame.
- In Surge, Free's S-tier blader rank is number 4, making him ranked 4th in the world.
- In Evolution, his ranking before the international blader's cup was number 1 which made him ranked 1st in the world, however after the international Blader's cup, his ranking dropped to number 3, making him ranked 3rd in the world at that time.
- Free is a variant of Freyr (which was later modernized to Frey) who was a vanir from Norse mythology and the god of agrarian culture in some communities and also the god of fertility like most vanir. Free is also a shortening of the old English name Freeman.
- His name is named after Oscar De La Hoya, a professional boxer that nicknamed "The Golden Boy", fitting Free's nickname.
- Free won 2nd place (behind Shu) in the 2018 character poll about the most favourite character in the series, as well as second place in the 2020 character poll.
- Free, like Kai, is often depicted as a bored, yet skilled blader with a strong sense of leadership, a high regard for honor, and an appreciation for nature. They both even share the trait of being popular among Beyblade fans and leaving their respective teams for a given reason regarding the protagonist. Unlike Kai, however, Free doesn't take his opponents as seriously until later on in the series.
- Free is the third Beyblade character after Ryuga and Yoshio Iwayama who can launch his Beyblade with his own hand.
- Free's habit of launching his bey with his hand may be a reference to Ryuga from the Metal Saga, who also tended to launch his Meteo L-Drago LW105LF with his hand as well, especially in Metal Masters.
- Coincidentally, both Free's and Ryuga's Beys are dragon beys that use reverse rotation and the spin-stealing technique.
- In Beyblade Burst Turbo Free owns a gold Level Chip on Fafnir.
- Not including the manga, Free is the only rival that Aiger has battled that was never beaten in Beyblade Burst Turbo.
- Free is one of twelve Beyblade Burst Evolution characters whose initials are the same as their bey: Drain Fafnir, the others being Silas Karlisle, Cuza Ackermann, Daigo Kurogami, Xander Shakadera, Boa Alcazaba, Ghasem Madal, Joshua Burns, Ren Wu Sun, Clio Delon, Norman Tarver, and Kurt Baratier.
- According to the manga, Free's gauntlet was given to him by Kristina in order to conceal bite wounds on his arm, which were self-inflicted to make himself serious in battle.
- In a flashback of Episode 12 of Beyblade Burst Rise, Free was holding Geist Fafnir, meaning he possibly got it repaired, though this could have happened before or after it was destroyed.
- Free's zodiac is a Scorpio.
- In Beyblade Burst Surge, Free owns a Yellow Left-Spin Sparking Launcher.
- So far, none of his Fafnir's names have been changed in the English Dub.
- Free is the first character to own a left-spinning Beyblade from Beyblade Burst Evolution.
- Free is the first blader to launch with a hand opposite of their Beyblade's spin direction (he is right-handed with a left-spinning Beyblade).