Gwyn Reynolds, also known as Gwyn Ronny (グウィン・ロニー, Gūin Ronī) in Japanese, is a character in the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Rise. He fights with his Beyblade, Royal Genesis Hybrid, which was later upgraded to Bigbang Genesis Hybrid.
Gwyn is a boy of average height with pale skin, fuchsia eyes, and white hair styled in a side braid. He mainly wears a white jumpsuit with a turquoise fur collar, a sea-green colored jacket that usually hangs over his shoulders, a black tie, white boots, and a gold-yellow belt. When he gets frustrated, his fuchsia eyes glow and his hair comes loose and becomes long and wavy.
Gwyn's character can be best described as enigmatic. He possesses high intelligence, often drawing arithmetic equations in order to find a way to make new Beyblade parts and figure out new strategies.
Gwyn is rather introverted and serene; often keeping to himself, soft-spoken and quite apart from people due to his ambition for math.
He is also highly adaptable, as he won his first ever Beyblade Battle despite having never played the sport before and having no prior experience.
However, Gwyn is also quite smug and vain; even taunting as he scoffed at Joe Lazure, saying he's stronger than Dante and telling Arthur that he can beat Dante and Delta by himself which increases his ego. He also ignores anyone he feels is distracting him.
On the surface, Gwyn appears kind and friendly, helping Dante to develop his Imperial Dragon. However, he is later revealed to have ulterior motives and seeking to destroy his Bey. When his plan didn’t work, he became frustrated.
Gwyn also shows characteristics of a perfectionist; pouting when he failed to destroy Dragon 3 times.
In his youth, he studied basic formulas by dropping a ball to find out the distance of its bounce. He also apparently lacked an understanding of modern life, not knowing how to play a video game and preferred studying more than relaxing.
- Royal Genesis Hybrid: Gwyn's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Bigbang Genesis Hybrid: Gwyn's evolved Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Rise.
- Superior Turbo
- Regalia Scream: Genesis channels its energy to its contact points and uses them to hit the opposing bey, resulting in the opposing bey being knocked out of bounds.
- Regalia Bigbang: Royal Genesis' Hybrid driver activates granting it a boost in speed while it stays in the center of the stadium, and then it channels all the energy it has into its contact points while it collides with the opposing bey, resulting in a gigantic explosion that causes the opposing bey to burst.
- Bigbang Slash: Genesis uses the two blades of the Bigbang Armor to burst an opponent.
- Bigbang Pulse:
|Beyblade Burst Rise|
|Joe Lazure||17||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu||19||Win (3-0)|
|Arthur Peregrine||21||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu||23||Win (2-0)|
|Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro (with Arthur Peregrine)||24||Draw (0-0)|
|Dante Koryu and Delta Zakuro (with Arthur Peregrine)||24||TBA|
- Episode 15 - Assault! King of Hell - Arthur!/The Bey of Demise! Apocalypse!
- Episode 16 - Serious Birth! Imperial Dragon!/Battle at Hell Tower!
- Episode 17 - Genesis Activates!/Diabolos’ Counterattack!
- Episode 18 - Dragon vs. Apocalypse!/Can It Be Broken!? The Infinite Lock System!
- Episode 19 - Dragon vs. Genesis!/Aurora! Superior Turbo!
- Episode 20 - Revive! Diabolos!/Shine! Master Smash!
- Episode 21 - Creation of the World! Bigbang Genesis!/Super Speed! Super Spinning! Super Attack!
- Episode 22 - Shine, Ashura!/A Serious Showdown! wbba. VS HELL!
- Episode 23 - Dragon's Ultimate Awakening!/The Jet-Black Dread Gyro!
- Episode 24 - A Seriously Intense Tag Battle!/The Strongest Formula!
Initially, Gwyn seemed friendly towards Dante and became intrigued by him because of his defeat of Arthur and decided to be with his group for a while until the Hell Tower Arc; analytically studying Dante's battle and fluently learning about Beyblade in the first battle. After the Hell Tower Arc, Gwyn started to develop an interest in the concept of destroying beys due to seeing Arthur destroy both Dante's and Delta's beys and even tried to destroy Dante's Dragon, failing in the process.
The spirit inside Genesis that serves Gwyn.
- Gwyn is one of the four Beyblade Burst Rise characters whose initials are the same as their Bey: Royal Genesis, the others being Pheng Hope, Blindt DeVoy, and Arthur Peregrine.
- Gwyn’s voice actress, Sumire Morohoshi, also voices Maru, from Shogun Steel.
- Gwyn is so far the only Character to use Superior Turbo.
- Gwyn is somewhat similar to Phi: They are both calm but arrogant at the same time, they both use Defense types and have both evolved them in their respective series, both of which have removable armor, and they are both obsessed with destroying their respective protagonists (Aiger and Dante).