- This article is about the Takara Tomy release. For the Hasbro release, see Hazard Kerbeus K4 7 Atomic-S.
|This article is considered a Provisional Article.|
As the contents of this article are still being researched, some of the information listed in this article may be incomplete or inaccurate.
Please visit the WBO discussion thread for this article to discuss the draft of this article.
Hazard Kerbeus 7 Atomic (ハザードケルベウス・セブン・アトミック, Hazādo Kerubeusu Sebun Atomikku) is a Defense Type Beyblade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It was released in Japan on August 11th, 2018 for 2808円 as a part of the Cho-Z Triple Booster Set.
Energy Layer - Hazard Kerbeus
Main article: Energy Layer - Hazard Kerbeus
Takara Tomy's Hazard Kerbeus is a Defense Type Energy Layer with two large blades and features three dog heads down the center, meant to represent the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Hazard Kerbeus features metal in its design; in this case, the two blades are lined with metal in the shape of chains. The inclusion of metal makes the Layer heavier than most God Layers.
Hazard Kerbeus also features a gimmick; the two blades are capable of bending inwards to create "Bound Defense", akin to Jerk, Screw Trident, Deep Chaos, and the Layer's predecessor Guardian Kerbeus. Unlike its predecessor however, Hazard Kerbeus uses torsion springs with much greater flexibility.
Hazard Kerbeus features teeth of medium length, akin to Kaiser Kerbeus. While this along with the greater flexibility of the gimmick may imply high Burst Resistance, in practice, the sharp protrusions from the muzzles of the dog heads creates points of heavy recoil. Furthermore, the short distance traveled by the blades makes the gimmick relatively ineffective. These factors create a Burst risk that the teeth of the Layer are unable to compensate for.
Like many other Cho-Z Layers, Hazard Kerbeus is unbalanced; which increases the risk of Bursts, makes it liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.
Forge Disc - 7
Main article: Forge Disc - 7
7, like other odd numbered Core Discs, is an asymmetrical, elliptical disc that can facilitate a Disc Frame. 7 is designed similar to Gravity or Heavy, with seven designs jutting out that resemble the number "7". At first glance, the Disc looks unbalanced, but in reality, two of the sections on one side being halves makes it balanced. 7 is one of the heaviest Discs thus far, outclassed only by 10 and 0, and has a ideal weight distribution for Stamina Combinations. Its high Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) grants it not only the highest Stamina potential out of all other Core Discs, but its weight grants it high Attack and Defense potential without the severe Burst Risk of 8. With the use of Disc Frames, 7 can be used to great effect in any Combination.
Performance Tip - Atomic
Main article: Performance Tip - Atomic
Atomic is a Performance Tip that features a free-rotating ball tip, akin to its predecessor Orbit, surrounded by a four-tabbed, free-spinning ring. Unlike Orbit, the ball of Atomic is approximately 3.4 times larger in volume or 1.3 times wider in diameter. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's Knock-Out Defense by having greater surface area and friction. However, in practice, the free-rotating nature of the ball reduces most of the Knock-Out Defense given by the surface area of the ball. Like all other ball-based Performance Tips, the tabs around Atomic are meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of Stamina by striking against the stadium floor. However, the larger diameter makes such contact rare. If hard launched, the greater surface area creates a semi-aggressive movement pattern early in the battle, bringing the Beyblade close to the Tornado Ridge.
While these features may imply that an Atomic Combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of SwitchStrike/God Layers, Cho-Z Layers, Forge Discs and Atomic's own weight compensates for the rotating ball. Furthermore, the free-rotating ball increases the Burst Resistance of a Defense Combination. However, for the Takara Tomy release of Atomic, its spring lock is noticeably weaker than Orbit's, making Atomic lag behind its predecessor in terms of Burst Resistance.
In addition to the Defense properties, Atomic features high Stamina and Spin-Equalization potential, as well as the free-rotating nature of the ball reduces friction with the stadium floor, as the wide ball tip will keep a Combination stable and thus prevents scraping, and the free-spinning ring increases Precession time and Life-After-Death.
- Like its predecessors Kaiser Kerbeus Limited Press and Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve, Hazard Kerbeus' name is based on "hazard", which means danger or risk, and Cerberus, the three-headed monstrous dog that guards the gates to the Underworld in Greek mythology.
- This is the first Kerbeus Beyblade from Beyblade Burst to not be owned by Ken Midori, as it was created by Kyle. Due to this, the Hazard Kerbeus' avatar is a separate entity than an upgrade of Kaiser Kerbeus' avatar, appearing more demonic-like, and has green glowing sections on its body, signifying radioactivity and strengthening the "hazard" segment of its name.
- Hazard Kerbeus' Beyblade design look very similar to Draciel G's design because of those yellow triangles, but the shape is very different between the two.
- In the Turbo anime, Hazard Kerbeus possesses a yellow Level Chip.
- Hazard Kerbeus is the sixth of nine Beys in Beyblade Burst Turbo to retain its original name in both the Japanese and English Versions of the anime; the others being Z Achilles, Emperor Forneus, Archer Hercules, Revive Phoenix, Vise Leopard, Geist Fafnir, Right Artemis, and Air Knight.