Hikaru Asahi (朝日ヒカル, Asahi Hikaru) is one of two main protagonists along with his younger brother, Hyuga, of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Superking. He fights with his Beyblade, King Helios Zone 1B.
Hikaru is an average-height boy with slightly tanned skin, lime-green eyes, smooth blue hair styled in a 9-piece mohawk, and an orange half-sun tattooed on his right cheek. His attire consists of a turquoise-blue dress shirt, a yellow tie, a short-sleeved navy-blue Letterman's jacket with light-blue sections on the sleeves and pockets, an "H" on the left flap, a yellow sun on the back, orange baggy pants, and black sneakers with turquoise-blue cuffs and three-sectioned stripped tips, and yellow laces, and a fingerless green-cuffed teal glove on his right hand.
When Hikaru resonates with his Beyblade, his hair briefly lights up like blue fire.
Hikaru can be described as the brains to his younger brother's brawn. He is generally calm, patient and level-headed; preferring to analyze his opponents and come up with strategies to defeat them, unlike his brother, who is quite reckless and charges into battles head-on.
He's also shown to act heroic when he selflessly grabbed Hyuga's arm when the vine he was hanging from snapped, even referring to himself as a "hero", which implies that he has a moderate level of confidence but not as nearly as enough to border on arrogance.
Beyblade Burst Superking
- King Helios Zone 1B: Hikaru's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Superking.
- Sparking Shoot: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with his/her Sparking Beyblade, the Launcher will illuminate and sparkle, granting the bey a temporary increase in speed and power. To activate this special state, a Blader must Launch their Bey at optimum efficiency, which powers the mechanism to release the Sparks.
- Zone Counter: Helios' Zone driver gains a steady speed boost while drifting around the bey stadium, like Counter Break.
- Twin Strike: Both Helios and Hyperion clash together to create a big spark and come crashing down the opponents for a heavy blow.
- King Strike: Helios, while in its 10-bladed mode, swoops in to deal heavy damage, much like Suoh Genji’s Swirling Inferno.
|Beyblade Burst Superking|
|Valt Aoi||01||Lose (0-2)|
|Rantaro Kiyama and Silas Karlisle||01||Lose (0-333)|
|Rantaro & Ranjiro Kiyama (With Hyuga Asahi)||02||Win (3-0)|
|Rantaro Kiyama||03||Win (2-0)|
|Valt Aoi||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Free De La Hoya||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Free De La Hoya||05||Lose (1-2)|
|Hyuga Asahi & Free De La Hoya (with Valt Aoi)||06||Win (3-0)|
|Lui Shirosagi (with Hyuga Asahi)||06||Lose (0-4)|
|Lui Shirosagi||07||Lose (0-2)|
- Episode 01 - Beyblade Revolution!/Beys of The Sun! Hyperion and Helios!
- Episode 02 - Aiming for The Sparking Shoot!/Knock Out Ragnaruk!
- Episode 03 - Do It! King Strike!/Curse Satan's Challenge!
- Episode 04 - Hear the Voice in Your Bey!/Meet the Monster: Free De La Hoya!
- Episode 05 - Phantom Dragon! Mirage Fafnir!/Attack Not Good!? Attack Not Good!!
- Episode 06 - Dream Tag Battle!/Shirasagijo x The Mythological Island of Demons!
- Episode 07 - Conquer the Demon Dungeon!/Fierce Storm! Rage Longinus!
- Episode 08 - The Jet Black Sun! Variant Lucifer!/Barrier! Variant Wall!
- Episode 09 - Heaven!? Hell!!/GT is Here!
- Episode 10 - Storm! Tempest Dragon!/Flare of Tyranny: Lean!
Hyuga is Hikaru's younger brother. While the two love each other and generally get along well, Hikaru often gets annoyed by Hyuga's reckless behavior and laziness. Hikaru nonetheless deeply cares about his brother and often praises him whenever he wins a battle. Hikaru has also on occasion attempted to get Hyuga to try and come up with a plan for defeating his opponents instead of simply attacking head-on. This was shown in his success on defeating Rantaro after lots of video analyzations of him and Rantaro's battles.
Both Hikaru and Hyuga hold deep admiration for Valt. Upon witnessing the latter's battle with Rantaro and Silas, the brothers were inspired to create their own Beys, and start their journey of one day defeating all of the Legendary Bladers. Valt, in turn, was impressed by the brothers' strong drive and readily accepted a battle with them once the two had gotten their Beys.
- "The hero is always fashionably late!"
- "Do you even know what a revolution is?"
- "Heroes make comebacks!"
For a full gallery of Hikaru, see Hikaru Asahi/Gallery.
- His birthday is June 22nd.
- Hikaru's zodiac is a Cancer.
- In the Superking manga, it was revealed that Hikaru's B-tier blader rank was number 98, until he ranked up to A-tier in episode 17.
- Hikaru is the first Beyblade protagonist to be left-handed.
- Hikaru is the second Beyblade protagonist to own a Balance type Beyblade, with the first being Aiger Akabane.
- Hikaru is the second Burst protagonist to not be 11 years old at the time of his debut along with Dante Koryu.
- Hikaru is the first Burst protagonist and the second Beyblade protagonist overall to own a Left-spin Beyblade, with the other being Tyson Granger from the original series.
- Hikaru the first Burst protagonist to have the same first name as a previous Beyblade character.
- His full name in Japanese means "glowing morning sun", befitting his Beyblade's sun motif.
- Despite Hikaru and Hyuga being brothers, they can be considered as foils to each other: Hikaru is the calmer and more tactical of the two, while Hyuga is more reckless and hot-headed, Hikaru is left handed while Hyuga is right-handed, and they use beys that spin the opposite of each other.
- He is the oldest main protagonist of a season being 12 during his debut.
- He is also the oldest Burst Protagonist.
- Even though Hikaru is older, his Bey is based off of the son of Hyperion, which is Hyuga's bey spirit.
- Furthermore, their Beys have relations to one another, as a nod to Hikaru and Hyuga being related to each other as well.
- He is similar to Suoh Genji; both are left-handed, and have Left-spin Balance-type beys with five & ten-bladed Attack & Defense modes.
- Hikaru and his brother are the first pair of Burst main protagonists to be siblings, as well as the first pair of Burst main protagonists to share the same first letter in their names.
- Along with his brother, Hikaru is one of the only Burst main protagonists to not speak to their Bey in their debut.
- Hikaru's is the only character whose Sparking Shoot generates blue lightning instead of sparks.