Hyuga Hizashi, known as Hyuga Asahi (朝日ヒュウガ, Asahi Hyūga) in Japan, is one of two main protagonists, along with his older brother, Hikaru, of the anime/manga series, Beyblade Burst Surge. He fights with his Beyblade Super Hyperion Xceed 1A until it was destroyed by Lain Valhalla. He later evolves it into Hyperion Flamebringer Cho Xceed'+X.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Beyblades
- 5 Beybattles
- 6 Official Description
- 7 Anime Appearances
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Videos
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
Hyuga is a short boy with spiked-up crimson hair with two small bangs on each temple, fair skin, red eyes, and, like his brother, has an orange half-sun tattoo, albeit on his left cheek. His attire consists of a black sweatshirt with an orange sun symbol on the front, a crimson-red hoodie with a yellow interior, orange pockets and an orange sun on the back, a white belt with a grey buckle, dark-blue shorts with a white stripe on each leg, crimson-lake compression pants, white sneakers with orange mudguards, tips and cuffs, and a fingerless green-cuffed teal glove on his left hand.
When Hyuga resonates with his Beyblade, his hair briefly lights up to resemble red fire.
Hyuga is known to be hasty and reckless, unlike his older brother, preferring to charge into battles head-on without a strategy and wanting to end the battle as quickly as possible. He is also quite lazy and has trouble waking up in the mornings, shown by how Hikaru often has to drag him out of bed and carry him on him back all while he is still half-asleep.
Hyuga and his brother have been enjoying Beyblade for at least two years leading up to Beyblade Burst Surge. After Hyuga and Hikaru moved to the Asahi Family Restaurant at the ages of 9 and 10 respectively, they walked into the Comets Gym, which was close to their home, for the first time to practice. There, they were greeted by Chuck, Guy, and Reina, who initially thought the brothers were breaking in. The three explained to Hyuga and his brother that the Comets use to be a popular team, but then the former coach quit, causing all the bladers on the team to quit as well. Determined to help, Hyuga and Hikaru asked to join the club, vowing to bring the team back on its feet.
After joining the Comets, Hyuga and Hikaru got more serious about blading. They were shown to battle in district tournaments, attend exhibition matches featuring legendary bladers, and watch title matches.
Similar to the earlier parts of Beyblade Burst Surge, the brothers were known to argue due to their different styles of blading. Hyuga formed no strategy and was good at attacking, while Hikaru was very strategic and good at defending. The brothers were too competitive and did not work with each other. Instead, they constantly argued about their plan, causing their opponents to take advantage of them and win. This happened in almost every tag battle the brothers had before Beyblade Burst Surge. Chuck even recalls all their battles with each other as a "complete disaster," showing just how bad the brothers were at working side by side.
It is revealed in Episode 30 also known as "Explosive Battle" that Hyuga has flare.
Beyblade Burst Surge
- Super Hyperion Xceed 1A: Hyuga's primary Beyblade in Beyblade Burst Surge until it was destroyed by Lain Valhalla.
- Hyperion Flamebringer Cho Xceed'+X: Hyuga's evolved Beyblade in Surge.
- Lightning Launch: When a Blader has achieved complete synchronization with his Beyblade, the Launcher will illuminate and sparkle, granting the bey a temporary increase in speed and power.
- Twin Strike: As they charge and collide toward one another, Helios and Hyperion build up speed as their Ring blades grind against each other while rotating in their respective spin directions, creating sparks and ram into the opposing Beyblades with combined force and power.
- Super Strike: With its Xceed Driver, Super Hyperion builds up its speed, then channels the energy to the Super Ring's blade and deals massive damage to the opposing Beyblade.
- Dual Charge: After increasing their speed, Super Hyperion and Brave Valtryek slam into the opposing Beyblade from both sides with all their might, doubling the damage.
- Sport Counter: As Super Hyperion spins, the Xceed driver rotates faster to drift in a circle around the stadium, gaining speed and power, and then it attacks.
- Flaming Limit Break: Flaming Limit Break
- Burning Strike: With its Xceed'+X Driver, Hyperion Burn builds up its speed, then channels the energy to the Burn Ring's blades and deals massive damage to the opposing Beyblade.
- Twin Limit Break: Utilizing a similar move with Twin Strike, Helios and Hyperion build up speed as their Rings grind against each other while rotating in their respective spin directions, creating sparks and ramming into the opposing Beyblades with combined force and power, which then triggers their Limit Break Systems, granting a boost of power that knocks the opposing Beyblades out of the stadium.
- Twin Break Impact:
|Beyblade Burst Surge|
|Valt Aoi||01||Lose (0-2)|
|Valt Aoi, Rantaro Kiyama, and Silas Karlisle||01||Lose (0-333)|
|Ranjiro Kiyama||02||Lose (0-2)|
|Rantaro & Ranjiro Kiyama (with Hikaru Hizashi)||02||Win (1-0)|
|Silas Karlisle||03||Lose (0-2)|
|Silas Karlisle||03||Win (2-0)|
|Silas Karlisle||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Free De La Hoya||04||Lose (0-2)|
|Free De La Hoya||05||Lose (0-2)|
|Hikaru Hizashi & Valt Aoi (with Free De La Hoya)||06||Lose (0-1)|
|Lui Shirosagi (with Hikaru Hizashi)||06||Lose (0-4)|
|Lui Shirosagi||07||No Contest (0-0)|
|Lain Valhalla (flashback)||09||Lose|
|Dante Koryu||10||Win (2-0)|
|Aiger Akabane, Valt Aoi, Rantaro Kiyama & Free De La Hoya (Battle Royale)||11||Win|
|Hikaru Hizashi & Aiger Akabane (with Lain Valhalla)||12||Lose (0-1)|
|Free De La Hoya & Lui Shirosagi (with Valt Aoi)||14||Win (1-0)|
|Valt Aoi||15||Lose (0-3)|
|Lain Valhalla (with Hikaru Hizashi)||15||Lose (0-4)|
|Valt Aoi and Shu Kurenai (with Hikaru Hizashi)||17||Lose (0-1)|
|Valt Aoi and Lain Valhalla (with Hikaru Hizashi; simulation)||18||No Contest|
|Shu Kurenai & Lain Valhalla (with Hikaru Hizashi)||19||Lose (0-1)|
|Valt Aoi & Rantaro Kiyama (with Hikaru Hizashi)||21||Lose (0-1)|
|Aiger Akabane & Ranjiro Kiyama (with Hikaru Hizashi)||21||Win (1-0)|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Hikaru Hizashi)||22||Lose (0-2)|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Aiger Akabane & Dante Koryu)||22||Lose|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Hikaru Hizashi & Dante Koryu)||22||Lose (0-3)|
|Wakiya Murasaki (with Hikaru Hizashi)||22||Win (1-0)|
|Dante Koryu & Lui Shirosagi (with Hikaru Hizashi)||23||Win (1-0)|
|Free De La Hoya & Silas Karlisle (with Hikaru Hizashi)||24||Win (1-0)|
|Valt Aoi & Rantaro Kiyama (with Hikaru Hizashi)||25||Win (1-0)|
|Shu Kurenai & Lain Valhalla (with Hikaru Hizashi)||26||Win (2-1)|
What you see is exactly what you get with the younger Hizashi brother, Hyuga. A cheerful kid who doesn’t overthink things, he’s the type to charge headfirst into battle. He hates losing, so it’s a good thing he’s got a sixth sense for Beys. There’s nothing he loves more than Blading, and he’s got his sights set on battling as many opponents as he can.
- Episode 01 - The Blading Revolution!
- Episode 02 - Locked On! Lightning Launch!
- Episode 03 - Persistence! Kolossal Strike!
- Episode 04 - Listen to Your Bey's Voice!
- Episode 05 - Illusory Dragon! Mirage Fafnir!
- Episode 06 - Dream Team! Tag Battle!
- Episode 07 - Conquering the Ogre's Dungeon!
- Episode 08 - The Jet-Black Sun! Vex Lucius!
- Episode 09 - Is This a Dream?! Or Is It a Nightmare?!
- Episode 10 - Rise to Victory! Triumph Dragon!
- Episode 11 - The Great Revolution! Legend Festival!
- Episode 12 - Hyuga and Lain vs. Hikaru and Aiger!
- Episode 13 - A True Hero! Tag Battle Style!
- Episode 14 - Gotta Win! Going All-Out!
- Episode 15 - Defeat Valt!
- Episode 16 - Grand Finale! Valt vs. Lain!
- Episode 17 - Spirit of Fire! World Spryzen!
- Episode 18 - Lucifer The End's Counterattack!/Computer! Beyblade Virtual!
- Episode 19 - The Best Tag Partner!/It Begins! Legend Super Tag League!
- Episode 20 - Take Down! Ultimate Storm!/Crash! All of Their Own Bonds!
- Episode 21 - The Climactic Legend Battle!/Burn, Flare! Spark!
- Episode 22 - Friendly Fire!? Limit Break: The End!/Next-Level Training! Jet Wyvern!
- Episode 23 - Burning! Manly! A Serious Battle!/Mad Storm! Raging Tempest!
- Episode 24 - No Spark!?/Bonds Between Beys!
- Episode 25 - Confident! Timid? Carefree!?/Surpass Your Limits! The Legendary Wall!
- Episode 26 - It's a Revolution! The Final Battle!/Break Through Our Limits! Our Flare!
Hikaru is Hyuga's elder brother.
Hyperion is Hyuga's Beyblade avatar. After being told by Valt to hear his bey's voice, the bond between Hyuga and Hyperion grew, and now they talk about how to defeat various legends.
Guy is one of the members of the Comets. He is the referee for the Bomber's battles.
Reina is one of the members of the Comets. She is the photographer for the Comets.
Chuck is one of the members of the Comets. He usually acts as the announcer for the Comets.
Hyuga holds deep admiration for Valt Aoi, as the was the one to inspire him to make his own Superking bey along with Rantaro and Silas during the legends' 3 way battle royale in episode 1. Before making his bey, Hyuga coincidentally saw Valt walking out of the Rainbow Tree Arena. He approached him and told Valt that he wants to break his limits. This confused Valt at first, but then Hikaru caught up to Hyuga and elaborated, asking Valt to battle once they have made their Superking beys. The brothers' enthusiasm and passion for blading cause Valt Aoi to take interest in them. He agrees to their challenge, telling them that they are an interesting couple. The next day, Hyuga battles Valt and loses with one strike from Valt's powerful bey Valtryek. This makes Hyuga extremely frustrated and causes him to make a vow of beating all legends and later starting a revolution. This proclamation catches Valt's attention.
Valt has helped Hyuga become much stronger as a blader and as a person. When the young blader wanted to immediately challenge Silas to a rematch, Valt told him to wait, build some muscle, and get stronger before rushing into a battle with a legend. The training that Valt made Hyuga do has caused the latter to grow much stronger and eventually beat Silas. Valt has also taught Hyuga about the value of listening to his bey and bonding with his bey spirit. Because of this advice, Hyuga has strengthened his relationship with Hyperion and has become a much stronger blader with the ability to talk to his partner and get support from him. His incredible bond has also enabled him to gain a surge of energy during battle and increase his power in order to beat various legends. He used this against the legendary Dante Koryu, Free De La Hoya, Rantaro Kiyama, and Aiger Akabane.
During the beginning of Beyblade Burst Surge, Hyuga regarded Valt as an unbeatable legendary blader. The latter defeated the young blader with a single strike in every match the two had against each other. Even Valt's physical entrance use to shock Hyuga. However, as Hyuga developed into a stronger blader and saw Valt more often, the two had a more equal relationship with both bladers regarding each other as formidable rivals. They became good friends that support each other during matches and work well together when partnered in tag battles. This was shown when Hyuga and Valt were teamed up during the final stage of the second round during the Legend Festival. The two formed a strategy they called "Gagagatsu de Bababa." Despite their extrasensory strategy, they made an excellent team and cooperated with each other in order to win against both Free and Lui, some of the strongest legendary bladers. This cooperation is mainly due to the respect both bladers have for each other, and their like-minded way of strategizing, since both wield attack type beys. The two also take each other seriously during their one- on- one matches. shown especially in Episode 29 when they battled each other in the semi-finals.
Throughout Beyblade Burst Surge, Valt has continued to affirm his belief that Hyuga and Hikaru will change the world of Beyblade and start a revolution. He first noticed this when the brothers approached him and challenged him to a match, something most bladers would not do, with Hikaru claiming to have a special strategy and Hyuga claiming to "super all out." The brothers' burning passion for Beyblade and perseverance even when loosing (in some cases 333 times) has caught Valt's attention and led him to believe that these brothers will revolutionize Beyblade in an unprecedented way. Because of this, Valt follows the brothers, taking them to places like Spain in order to grow as bladers, even going as far as teaching them blading secrets, giving them an advantage that other Burst protagonists before them did not have.
Rantaro had trained the Comets and made him and Hikaru stronger.
Hyuga considers Silas his rival, though Silas sees him as a newbie. Silas pushed Hyuga to become stronger during training. Although he will not admit it, Silas enjoys Hyuga's company as shown by how he searched for him during training and even asked Hyuga to practice with him.
Ranjiro and Hyuga initially did not get along. Ranjiro called him Bamboo Shoot, and Hyuga called Ranjiro Broom Head. However, after Hyuga and Hikaru got back from the Island, they are shown to battle with Ranjiro and get along.
Hyuga enjoys battling Aiger and is fascinated by his bey's sword and shield. He and Aiger both discussed how much more fun blading his when they share their bey's abilities before battle. Aiger also enjoys watching Hyuga's actions and decisions because it reminds him of his former self when he first started blading.
Due to their similar ages, Dante and Hyuga get along really well. They enjoy battling each other, to the point where they both ignored Hikaru, who was begging to face Dante and just focused on battling each other. Dante and Hyuga compliment one another, shown when Dante told the latter that he was "so cool" and Hyuga told the former that his catchphrase was awesome. They have become rivals and both seem extremely frustrated with themselves if one of them loses to the other. The two also support each other before their battles, shown by how Hyuga told Dante that he would be seeing him in the finals of the Legend Festival, implying that Hyuga has such confidence in Dante's ability to win that he doesn't even need to wish him luck before his match.
- "Let's start a revolution."
- "Hyperion. We fought together as one."
- "This time I'm gonna win!" -after challenging Silas to a rematch
- "One more battle! Just one more!"
- "No. I'm going to smash into him head on!" -after being told to hold back his attacks
- "I'm fighting the best of the best." -in his battle against Valt, Free, Aiger, and Rantaro.
- "I'll bash him with a stronger launch!"
- "Hang in there! Don't stop! HYPERION!!"
- "BREAK ALL LIMITS!!!"
- "Battle! Battle! Battle! Battle!"
- "ZOOM! ZOOM! BANG! BANG!" -his answer to reporters when he was asked about his victory in the Group B Battle Royale of the Legend Festival.
- "Here it comes! This feeling!"
- "W- wait a second. I can't keep up with this."
- "What's next on the program?" To Hikaru after understanding his brother's intentions.
- "Valt would never lose to someone like you! And neither will I!" - to Lean, after he threatened Valt.
- "I'll make it no matter what!"
- "Hyperion was the one who actually did it."
- "I really hope Dante and Silas win, because... I want to go to the finals with you, Hikaru."
- "I'll definitely make it into the top four!"
- "Oh no. Hikaru..."- seeing his brother depressed.
- "Hehe. They'll never see me like this." -while hiding in a box to spy on the legends.
- "I'M NOT TRASH!!!" -after a vacuum cleaner sucked him inside a bag.
- " Well, because it's fun, of course." -when asked why he practices Beyblade.
- "Whatever you throw at me I'll just throw back.
- "I can't lose... I can't lose to you! I'll win... whatever it takes!"
- ” I’m battling with Lain!?!”-when the first tag team battle comes against Hikaru and Aiger
- “Hey Hikaru, look at the sparks!!”- when battling Rantaro and Ranjiro before using twin strike
For a full gallery of Hyuga, see Hyuga Hizashi/Gallery.
- Hyuga's zodiac is a Pisces.
- He is the second Beyblade protagonist whose Beyblade is colored red, the first being Aiger Akabane.
- The yellow interior of his hoodie may be a reference to the yellow on the 1A Chassis, as well as the flat rubber tip of the Xceed Performance Tip.
- Hyuga is the first Burst character to have prominent tooth lines.
- Hyuga is the third Beyblade protagonist to wear shorts after Tyson Granger and Aiger Akabane
- Similar to his brother, Hyuga's full name in Japanese means "Morning, place in the sun", befitting his Beyblade's sun motif.
- Despite Hikaru and Hyuga being brothers, they can be considered as foils to each other: Hikaru is the calmer and more tactical of the two, while Hyuga is more reckless and hot-headed, Hikaru is left-handed while Hyuga is right-handed, and their beys spin opposite of each other.
- Hyuga's Hyperion is named after the Father of Helios which means that the sun beys are related to one another, like Hyuga and his brother, Hikaru.
- Even though Hyuga is younger, his bey spirit is the Father of Hikaru's bey spirit in Greek mythology.
- His hair resembles Lui Shirosagi‘s when both characters employ Resonance in battle.
- Hyuga and his brother are the first pair of Burst main protagonists to share the same first letter of their names.
- Hyuga has had more battles than any other Beyblade character.
- Hyuga and Hikaru are the first Beyblade protagonists since Valt to have the same first name in both Japanese and English.
- He is the second Beyblade protagonist to defeat a former protagonist before him in his season, first being Aiger Akabane.
- Along with Hikaru, Hyuga is the fourth and fifth main Burst protagonist to have his Beyblade destroyed, following Valt, Aiger, and Dante.
- Hyuga is the only character in the Beyblade Burst series to have a Attack-type Beyblade capable of using a Counter-move.
- Like Aiger, both he and Hikaru changed launchers from their original launchers into long string launchers.
- Both Hyuga and his brother Hikaru are the second Burst protagonists whose last names do not start with an A, although this is just their English last names. The first being Dante Koryu.
- Both Hyuga and Hikaru are the first Burst protagonists whose English initials are different from their Japanese initials.